hehe.
guys, then check out the 'haunting of in Connecticut'
the discovery channel documentary. not the movie. :evil:

anyways. monster skyline 800hp. power power. :D

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
farique, nice story...very interesting..I like this kind of stuff....:smokin:
since you like it so much let me relate mine, which has something to do with the "sea" as well.

i was at one of the oil and gas platform when i met my roomboy, which was quite friendly person. as a matter of fact, im a very friendly person myself and i admit i meet more friends offshore on rigs/platform than i do in real life. This person make and cleans my bed and everyone knows he whistles while doing our beds. Recently tragedy struck and he passed away but everyone remembers him as the room boy who always whistles while doing the bed.

quite a while ago i just happened to be on the same platform again and i learn of his sad passing, they were refitting the platform with a new living quarter in which the old one where manually lifted with a giant crane.These living quater can span so big and high as tall as 3 floors altogether. The mess room boy use to stay at the top floor(3rd floor).While the old living quaters were being changed, preparation work has to be done to the base of the old LQ for it to be lifted away and replaced with the new LQ. During the course of this preparation work, the old LQ has to be abandoned, as welding work has to be done on the bases of LQ. All of the entrance were sealed and the electricity were cut off. It can be an abandoned ghost apartment at the nights, so dark and so quiet. A few of my men were working night shifts and they have supper at 12pm. two of these men were rushing some welding jobs on the 3rd floor so they decided to skip supper that day. It was pitch dark from the 3rd floors below as jobs were only done at 3rd floor with minimal lightings. while doing it, they hear whistles coming from the next room, coincidently the room where the mess room boy had stayed for years.They knew nobody were down two floors down as it was pitch dark, nobody in the sane mind would just loiter around in the 2nd floor or 1st floor which was pitch dark when they can have the luxury of doing something else. they kept doing their job and the whistle keep coming.they know for sure, i mean if you're working midnight and it was supper, would u be rather eating at a lighted place with the comfort of full meals or just doing nothing, sulking at 3rd or 2nd floor with them, whistling right? so they know for sure it wasnt human. it send shivers to their spine so they sped down 3rd floor and call it a day.

i wasn't told about this until the next morning.

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
yo guys.
need opinion.
upgrade internals or upgrade turbine better? :confused:

Bump: eh, i heard u guys who work on the platform stay there for like 6 months strait rite?
how ar if u get 'needs'? 6 months tahan can die one. LoL

Last edited:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Internals: For reliability (unless you are talking about 2.8l)

Turbines: For performance, however limited, say if you are going high boost without good internals, you are not going anywhere ...

I personally would go for internals ... At least you know, whatever you throw at later, she's not going to blow :listen:

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
another incident happened when one of the captain who steers one of the two standby vecile told me that he saw lights hovering the platform, moving zig zag around it. He confirmed with the other captain who was on another boat and both of them saw it. He tried to page the installation manager but shrugged off the idea as nobody would have believed them. It hovered up on the platform for a good 15 mins before it stopped.

still pretty much skeptical, i think these captains must be delirious from the days of offshore. Sometimes i pity Russ too.I GET DELIRIOUS and the longest i've stayed is 3 weeks for some mad ass project, i don't want to imagine staying at the sea for 3 months!i mean, yeah you're paid ludicrously but for the health hazard, sanity and the insecurities of wife/gfs at home, a handsome amount just doesn't justify for all the other risks involved.

This told me to quit offshore and looking back now and then, the offshore experience paid off for a exotic income at office now, and if u ask me if i ever wanted to get back to offshore wearing smelly coveralls staying in a filthy bunk bed with ghost stories to torment u just to pass time with the pay of 5 digits i'll happily decline it for the rest of my life

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
wah. that scary ar.
kinda see it now why people who do it are paid so much.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Pimpin is "upgrading" again ... :rofl:
Service lah bro. Check everything to make sure the 2.8 is holding together just fine.

Plus, they need to take it round to various shops - do aircond, wheel balancing and alignment and maybe to CV if they need access to boot so safe estimate is one week.

yo guys.
need opinion.
upgrade internals or upgrade turbine better? :confused:

Bump: eh, i heard u guys who work on the platform stay there for like 6 months strait rite?
how ar if u get 'needs'? 6 months tahan can die one. LoL
Internals: For reliability (unless you are talking about 2.8l)

Turbines: For performance, however limited, say if you are going high boost without good internals, you are not going anywhere ...

I personally would go for internals ... At least you know, whatever you throw at later, she's not going to blow :listen:
I would go for turbo, but then again that's just me. My reasoning is that with stock turbos you are nowhere near the limits of the engine whereas you can change turbines many times larger and given proper tuning - still make power while still keeping within the limits of the stock internals.

With the stock internals but upgraded turbos, I managed to get 520ish on 1.7 bar thereabouts but brought it down to roughly 480ish at 1.4 bar and that was what I ran all day everyday full throttle for nearly 20,000kms - stock internals, stock oil pump, stock water pump. And sustained high revs for long periods cause I like to do top speed runs and if I'm bored I drive down South or North just to drive.

Anyways, this is not a democracy and you have no choice. I'm telling you to change turbos and you do it now, understand? :driver:

Then ask DC for the 500hp club membership forms :burnout:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Hi. Sorry guys I've got to leave early from the Seremban TT. Had to leave coz my clutch pump is stuck at times and my clutch lines is leaking. Better to leave early and not get stuck in traffic with the clutch pedal down and won't come back up.

It was good meeting you guys.:wavey:

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
wah lau.
ok mr. dictator. LoL.
still trying to find the 2860-5 though.
kinda hard since not many shops here bring them in.

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
try dragstar in amansuria, akram is also towkey garrett

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
Thanks...good story that one.
farique, nice story...very interesting..I like this kind of stuff....:smokin:
glad you guys liked it. :biggrin:

working offshore is not that happy thing to do. yeah, they pay you with ridiculously huge amount of money but, you'll be on the platform for weeks and all you can see is just sea. Not forgetting the risk of getting to and off from the platform/rig back to onshore.

But for youngsters are not a big problem for staying away from land.. work at rig for 5~7 years and then moved to onshore as instrumental reader (not really sure the term used) for the rest of the contract. Everyday can drive GTR to work.. :laugh:

a question, when should we change the standard exhaust manifold? Apart when switching to big single la.. Is there a limit applies to the standard ones?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sup guys, i looking for a sporty type car, and in my list is
-Honda EK sedan
-satria Gti either NA or TUrbo
-evo 3/4
-neo cps

im not great at choosing car, i always been thinking which car is better, so i need an opinion from expert or any1 also can, heheh the car must can be use as daily driven(although i already own a kenari, swap2 car a day) and not much a hassle to maintain, maybe some late nite drag action too, hehe speed is always a need! look is also an option, thanks guyss
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience