Another 800bhp BCNR33 on our streets?

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
Then again, we all refer to our rides as 'she'. Never 'he', unless you swing the other way. *laughs*
Boats, cars, plans...etc..etc.. Boys toys are usually female. Again, unless you swing the other way. =P
Yeah, have noticed this as well, apparently everything else is a she, "cars", "planes", even "mother nature". Was once given an explanation that, men let everything else be classified as a she, but kept "god" as a "he".... Don't know how far this is true...would really like to know the real reason behind it though... anyone has some insights they would like to share?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hmmm ... well, for those yanks that refer their mustangs, 'vette's, hummers as she that could be very much conflicting ... Maybe they should keep to "it" ... Also reference to some of those at Lorong Haji Taib, or Jonker Street ... :rofl: TR :confused:
Why me??

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
Wahaha.
if they ever made a nissan najib Gtt, it should come with a warning. 'Beware, this shit might just blow ur mind away!. Literally'
wahaha

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
ship or boats has always and will always be female even the name of the ship is male (eg. King George VI) its some sort of a tradition ever since the first voyage of ship vessels.

its something mythical about it. My dad told me that there's something will 'live' in the ship since the starting of the build-up and all the way till it's finished. Even the launching day, they'll strap a bottle of liquor and give it a big swing to the ship's wall till its shatters into pieces. Some sort of ceremony so the ship will last long.

but its true. my dad has been involved with ships for more than 25 years. so he knows very well.

he's been into so many things.. scary things with ships. Remember there was one time our gov wanted to fix the 'tsunami' sensors around the offshore of northen of Sabah and Sarawak after the big hit? He's the one who's responsible 'drive' the ship to do that job. No one else dared to take up the risk. The estimation of work done was around 1 week, but something came up and the process took 4 weeks.

I'll story on more if anyone interested.. :laugh:

Nissan Altima
Nissan Qaishi..

Bump: ship or boats has always and will always be female even the name of the ship is male (eg. King George VI) its some sort of a tradition ever since the first voyage of ship vessels.

its something mythical about it. My dad told me that there's something will 'live' in the ship since the starting of the build-up and all the way till it's finished. Even the launching day, they'll strap a bottle of liquor and give it a big swing to the ship's wall till its shatters into pieces. Some sort of ceremony so the ship will last long.

but its true. my dad has been involved with ships for more than 25 years. so he knows very well.

he's been into so many things.. scary things with ships. Remember there was one time our gov wanted to fix the 'tsunami' sensors around the offshore of northen of Sabah and Sarawak after the big hit? He's the one who's responsible 'drive' the ship to do that job. No one else dared to take up the risk. The estimation of work done was around 1 week, but something came up and the process took 4 weeks.

I'll story on more if anyone interested.. :laugh:

Nissan Altima
Nissan Qaishi..

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
800hp's Skyline turned into Ships and Mystics now ... hehehe ... :listen:

We are Good, So DAMN GOOD :rofl:

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Some really interesting answers...

i like the way they brand vehicles female,despite all the comments we get that woman cant drive..or is it bec all men like to "ride" women lol
u cant live without cars just like you cant live without women :D:D maybe thats another reason lol
Because it takes a lot of paint to keep her good looking.
The exact reason why boats are called she in English is lost to history. While explanations abound, most appear to be of the folk variety, assumed or invented after the fact as a way to make sense of the phenomenon. Boats are a truly interesting case in English, as they are among the only inanimate objects that take a gendered pronoun, whereas most others are called it. Countries are also called she, as are cars sometimes, but the latter example is almost certainly an extension from boats.

One plausible theory is that boats are called she because they are traditionally given female names, typically the name of an important woman in the life of the boat's owner, such as his mother. It has also been surmised that all ships were once dedicated to goddesses, and later to important mortal women when belief in goddesses waned. Interestingly, although male captains and sailors historically attributed the spirit of a benevolent female figure to their ships, actual women were considered very bad luck at sea.

A second theory as to why boats are called she points to the existence of grammatical gender in most Indo-European languages besides English. While Modern English has hardly any grammatical gender, limited for the most part to cases of natural gender, such as the nouns "woman" and "man" being called she and he respectively, there is evidence that English once has a more extensive system of grammatical gender, similar to that in languages such as German and French. In most Indo-European languages with grammatical gender, the word for "ship" is feminine. In Old English texts, there is more evidence of grammatical gender, such as a shield being called she.

Because English is an Indo-European language, it is most likely that it once had grammatical gender and lost it, since it would be highly unlikely for all the other Indo-European languages with grammatical gender to have acquired the feature independently rather than inheriting it from a common background. Linguistic historians have postulated that proto-Indo-European, the hypothetical "mother language" to all modern Indo-European languages, originally had two genders: animate and inanimate. The inanimate category later split into feminine and neuter, giving three genders: masculine, feminine, and neuter. As each language evolved, so did its system of grammatical gender, so that it has become different in each modern-day Indo-European language.

Whether the fact that boats are called she is a throwback to an ancient system of grammatical gender that has disappeared from English in all but a few instances or an analogy to the reverence that sailors have for the women in their lives, the phenomena is one of the most interesting anomalies in Modern English. Recently, advocates of gender-neutral or non-sexist language have proposed that ships no longer be called she, but rather it, like any other inanimate object.

ADDED NOTE: someone sure didn't like answers given on this one with all the thumbs down! Bottom line to the answer is that nobody knows why vessels were named after ladies...
Because one way or another, they cost a lot of money.
It comes from latin, another example would be the italian language. L'automobile, etc.. Not sure of the other translations but I know they start with LA or L' making the subject female. Female objects are referred to as she.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I think it will always be refer to as females because I think mostly working on the cars and assembling them are guys so the guys are screwing in all the bolts into the car to make it....Hehehe

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
yo farique.
cerita hantu sikit ar. damn cun. Malaysia ghost story. hehe

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
yo farique.
cerita hantu sikit ar. damn cun. Malaysia ghost story. hehe
since you asked.

so my dad is the leader of the team also the captain hence everyone needs to listen to whatever he said even the dato's or datin's on board with him. (how cool is that, there'll be no protocol when you are onboard with my dad.. :biggrin: )

so there, after days of drifting on the sea (lol.. just kidding) they've reached the point to drop the tsunami sensor. But trouble struck, everything just dont go good. The wind blows hard, dark sky, its about to rain hard and the sea wave..man the waves is the killer. Ask Russ, he sure knows how bad it is out there on a small vessel.

stopped the plan and moved to safer place (couldnt recall, maybe they stopped over at Pulau Layang² I think). Next day, tried to give it a second go. While on the way our Air Force gave my dad a call and asked him where the ship gonna go and what are they doing over there. My dad told 'em the stuffs. The Air Force pilot then replied "good luck". :laugh: After they've dropped off the sensor, when they were about to leave, the ship "stuck". Couldnt move forward either backwards. Weird uh, you are in the middle of the sea and your ship stuck.

Even spooky is, the ship is in forward gear but everyone feels that the ship is going backwards including my dad. Fine, then swap to reverse gear, the ship goes forward.. it seems that 'something' is holding the ship from moving away. As a muslim, my dad cites anything that he knows and then moments later the ship freed. Everyone's happy and relieved. Days later the ship arrives in Kuching and I'm thankful that my dad is home in one piece.

After few weeks later, my dad starts hearing all the stories from his crew who was with him during the mission. It turns out to be, the crew were freaked out a little and only after few weeks they dared to speak out. Some (of the crew) even went to 'bomoh' just to make sure they came home alone. My dad heard from the fishermens said that while on the way back to Kuching, they saw 2 very huge figure as tall as 3~4 story building following the ship from behind. The whole crew dont see those things but others do..

As of today, the ship is in dock. Something goes a little wrong with it which is still unclear. Someone told my dad that the caretaker/night guard of the dock always see a women figure surrounding the ship at night time. Who was that? and for what reason? I dont know.. you figure it by yourself..

my dad's friend told my dad (month after) that he was talking to 'my dad' but 'my dad' seemed not to paying much attention to him at the deck. Feeling left out, he left the deck and as walking around to the bridge he then saw my dad was in the bridge talking to his crew. He didn't say a word after that. :laugh:

there ya go.. spooky story from me by my dad. True story.

p/s: some of my dad's acquaintance told that the moment the ship 'stuck', it was the sea ghost trying to topple the ship over and eat them crews alive..
I think this what happened to the ships in Bermuda Triangle..

aww.. seriously, from 800bhp r33 gtr to ghost.. :rofl:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Thanks...good story that one.

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
w00f!
crazy ass story.
i'd never wanna go out to sea anymore. >_<

could it be sea monsters?
wooooo...

Bump: w00f!
crazy ass story.
i'd never wanna go out to sea anymore. >_<

could it be sea monsters?
wooooo...

S

semperfi

I think we are pretty much back on topic! Got the term "monster" in it. :rofl:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
i make my 2.5 1jz like hell plus 50shot somemore and its no where near 500whp yet..... and thats with a t04z.. that spec will not even achieve half of it on wheel

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Btw, I can't make it to the S'ban TT. Sorry for such late notice but my car is off getting serviced and stuff so I'll be without my GTR till next week. :wavey:

Bump: Btw, I can't make it to the S'ban TT. Sorry for such late notice but my car is off getting serviced and stuff so I'll be without my GTR till next week. :wavey:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bros,
considering of converting my 4G13P to GSR...
however, i dont know of runners to do the following with JPJ..
anyone has done it before can advice and recommend??
i understand that's it'll cost a large amount of "kopi" money...around 1.3K+ is it true??
thanks ahead..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience