Am I going to make a mistake?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The locks are not 100% safe from car theft incident. It is just a form of deterance.
The worst is, if the thief cannot remove lock, they could simply tow the car away, or put it on a flatbed lorry and cart it away...

My colleague constantly worry about his Alphard getting stolen.....Always worry, worry about kena stolen at shopping parking lot, open parking lot, at road side parking, etc....haih, what is the point of owning a new car but worry so much....
Yes as a deterrent or at least slow them down or dont make it too easy. A car without locks will surely be the main target if it is parked next to one that is with more security locks.

I think the GPS tracking device, getting a good one will be good for expensive luxury cars.
That way stolen also can retrieve.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
@mdamin38, are you aiming for the clubsport? Just checking to make sure you know what a Clubsport is exactly.

https://myneoclubsport.wordpress.com/about/

Undoubtedly for most motorheads, it's a desirable vehicle. Will you be driving alone most of the time? Driving hard & fast? With a helmet on? 4 point race harness is nice to have but it may be quite uncomfortable for normal driving. Will this be your only car? According to the sale thread, the seller prefers cash. I wonder if getting a loan for the car may be difficult.

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Yep, indian. But not arranged marriage, just that he wont let me get married now. Need to grow bulu ketiak first.

The moderator's car though:adore: i can buy it no doubt. but im afraid i wont do the car justice after buying it since my knowledge in maintaning a modded car is amateur-ish at best :hmmmm:
lemme tell u the secret to maintaining a lightly modded car such as the moderator's cps (yes, it falls into the light category to me)

the secret is... it is exactly the same as maintaining a normal stock standard car...only it has better driveability... using better/higher grade products may help even further....so buy the moderators car if u really like it.

as for getting the neo instead of the eg6... ur not making a mistake la.. ur buying ur first car... meaning ur primary, daily driven car... unfortunately the eg6 is no longer suitable to be in that category... theft risk is one thing, the old and ageing parts is another... yes, parts are abundance, but u need to know where to look....its not something that u can get every part, everywhere... n may require a lil more attention than the neo....if u get the EG6, now that will be a mistake.

truthfully, the eg6 isnt going anywhere la... its a car that has, and will, stand the test of time....i myself drooled over the eg6 for almost 20 years before finally owning one... i even bought an ef9 as a compromise about 10 years ago....let the eg6 be ur target to own as a 2nd, toy car...slowly save up for it... by the time u have the money again, the price would have dropped (hopefully not hahaha) and u could probably get a badass k-swapped eg6.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes as a deterrent or at least slow them down or dont make it too easy. A car without locks will surely be the main target if it is parked next to one that is with more security locks.

I think the GPS tracking device, getting a good one will be good for expensive luxury cars.
That way stolen also can retrieve.
Yes, deterrent but depends on who is the thief too. I did tell you before the Evo 6.5 with GPS tracking, sms alert, alarm also got stolen. Some more in own condo parking.....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

lemme tell u the secret to maintaining a lightly modded car such as the moderator's cps (yes, it falls into the light category to me)

the secret is... it is exactly the same as maintaining a normal stock standard car...only it has better driveability... using better/higher grade products may help even further....so buy the moderators car if u really like it.

as for getting the neo instead of the eg6... ur not making a mistake la.. ur buying ur first car... meaning ur primary, daily driven car... unfortunately the eg6 is no longer suitable to be in that category... theft risk is one thing, the old and ageing parts is another... yes, parts are abundance, but u need to know where to look....its not something that u can get every part, everywhere... n may require a lil more attention than the neo....if u get the EG6, now that will be a mistake.

truthfully, the eg6 isnt going anywhere la... its a car that has, and will, stand the test of time....i myself drooled over the eg6 for almost 20 years before finally owning one... i even bought an ef9 as a compromise about 10 years ago....let the eg6 be ur target to own as a 2nd, toy car...slowly save up for it... by the time u have the money again, the price would have dropped (hopefully not hahaha) and u could probably get a badass k-swapped eg6.
Agreed, even maintaining my turbo same only. Oil change, plugs, tyres, repairs. Only if driven hard probably if old car more parts may fail and that means more repairs, but as far as normal maintenance is the same....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The moderator's car though:adore: i can buy it no doubt. but im afraid i wont do the car justice after buying it since my knowledge in maintaning a modded car is amateur-ish at best :hmmmm:
Would you rather buy a beat up crappy car instead? Bushidofang is a car nutjob so his Neo is extremely well taken care of. Light mods and easy to handle. No racing clutch this, bone-jarring suspension that, etc. So it's a worthwhile consideration.

Like what bigboss madman said - just do your normal service and you'll be fine. Worst case scenario is you ask for tips from bushidofang himself and he'll tell you how to maintain if at all different from standard maintenance.

Btw guys, I've been thinking. If you truly want a almost theft proof car, should get all those pedal locks, GPS tracking, etc etc then thrown in one more thing - air suspension. Reduce the ride height to nearly touching the floor (1cm off) when parking and I'll bet it'll be damn near impossible to tow away. :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Would you rather buy a beat up crappy car instead? Bushidofang is a car nutjob so his Neo is extremely well taken care of. Light mods and easy to handle. No racing clutch this, bone-jarring suspension that, etc. So it's a worthwhile consideration.

Like what bigboss madman said - just do your normal service and you'll be fine. Worst case scenario is you ask for tips from bushidofang himself and he'll tell you how to maintain if at all different from standard maintenance.

Btw guys, I've been thinking. If you truly want a almost theft proof car, should get all those pedal locks, GPS tracking, etc etc then thrown in one more thing - air suspension. Reduce the ride height to nearly touching the floor (1cm off) when parking and I'll bet it'll be damn near impossible to tow away. :rofl:
That's a very good idea. Air Suspension and lower it. Even DBKL cant tow it if u simply park in KL. :rofl:

Yesterday a Gen 2 was towed away for illegal parking beside the road.

But also depends on what car to spend on with such securities? Gonna cost a lot to mod air suspension into a used neo.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Lowering the car and install locks will deter the car being towed/driven away by thieves.
This would not mean the car is safe.

Damage and loss still can occur. There are plenty of smash-grab cases of cars......Gauges, electronic components, ICE and performance parts can still be removed from the car, if the car is broken into. These item aint cheap (if they are ori).
Heck, even TnG ppl wanna curi, right?

So, please be discreet when installing such parts....to prevent unwanted attention.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Recently there was an attempt to steal an eg6...but the car had no spark plugs in it... So couldnt start

Thief got pissed off... Broke all the windows.. Hahahaha

At least the car wasnt stolen

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Recently there was an attempt to steal an eg6...but the car had no spark plugs in it... So couldnt start

I think I saw that picture. Blardy thieves, kenot curi pn still mau dengki...:banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

LOL, but why not the thief come back with spark plugs? Or he din't even know where the problem is? :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Lowering the car and install locks will deter the car being towed/driven away by thieves.
This would not mean the car is safe.

Damage and loss still can occur. There are plenty of smash-grab cases of cars......Gauges, electronic components, ICE and performance parts can still be removed from the car, if the car is broken into. These item aint cheap (if they are ori).
Heck, even TnG ppl wanna curi, right?

So, please be discreet when installing such parts....to prevent unwanted attention.
Yah! Bandar raya force tow away then probably plenty of damage......:banghead:

TNG still worth, some break in for the coins in the coin box.....:banghead::banghead:

mdamin38

Dec 16, 2014
Bota - Perak
@mdamin38, are you aiming for the clubsport? Just checking to make sure you know what a Clubsport is exactly.

https://myneoclubsport.wordpress.com/about/

Undoubtedly for most motorheads, it's a desirable vehicle. Will you be driving alone most of the time? Driving hard & fast? With a helmet on? 4 point race harness is nice to have but it may be quite uncomfortable for normal driving. Will this be your only car? According to the sale thread, the seller prefers cash. I wonder if getting a loan for the car may be difficult.
Im gonna use the car for daily drive, so no to the clubsport.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Talking about the air suspension, if that thing rosak, then we oso cannot move the car. :confused:

Saring

Known Member
Feb 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
EG6 below 40k not reliable? mana ada?!?!!?! there are tonnes of really badass EG Hatches in the 35k range.... 45k EG6 is in K-swap category already (or super heavily modified with uber rare parts B series)...B16A EG6 can get around 32k above now... unless ur really lucky to find one below 30k....usually those below 30k will come with the 1.5 or 1.6 SOHC engines and are mostly auto (in the 25k range).

i am an EG6 owner....and this is my advise to u... GET THE SATRIA NEO.

why? EGs (hatch and sedans) as well as EF n EK are being stolen left right and center now... i barely ever drive my car out because of this.. and even when i do, ill make sure its to somewhere i can park right in front of my face... no line of sight, no parking.

seriously... its THAT bad. dont even take it lightly for a second, coz ur EG6 will be gone in that one second.
Neo also thief magnet, isn't it?.....:driver:
agree with madman, for eG and K series engine will be around 45 above for B series stock below 35 u can get it but for sure.

Yes satria neo not to magnetic for thief cause why? underground market r3 part not so famous compare with mitsu part... old satria yes. especially ori GTI...

Nowadays hufcut for evo 3 haaaa really2 expensive...:banghead::banghead:

for me i prefer something RARE in town, Glanza, starlet GT or swift GTi. but to old for you and sure you will be look like "a cowboy born a hundred years too late"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

mdamin38

Dec 16, 2014
Bota - Perak
Also, if pencuri already want to steal your car, there's very little chance that your car will not be stolen or be left undamaged. Because they got nothing to lose, kita je at the end of the day need to keluar duit :hmpf:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Im gonna use the car for daily drive, so no to the clubsport.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Talking about the air suspension, if that thing rosak, then we oso cannot move the car. :confused:
Pros and cons loh! Rosak expensive to repair also.....hahaha:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just something to share and appreciate if anyone can share or advice on what to do when such
things happen or their experiences in this matter...

1 night, I was driving and got stuck at Sprint Highway Traffic Jam, before the toll.
Just got passed the toll for few minutes, suddenly my car seems like shut off and restart
again in just few seconds.

Well, got a shock of course, 1st time experience such problem. So, since car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience