Alpine 9855-Made in China?

hardBass4u

Known Member
Jul 23, 2006
J.B& P.J
Dear all,
My friends just get the used 9855, I noticed that indicated made in China? :confused:Izzit true to say that this model is manufactured in China? Fuse rating for this unit (beside of cable coneector) is 10amp(red)?Any one can verify?:stupid:

When we install it, noticed that both out front output (from RCA and speaker connector) only can have high pass sound (tweeter sound) and no mid sound at all...can every body share it due to waht problem?..anyway, normal sound (Low,mid and high frequency) can be heard from rear out (rca and speaker connector) and nothing happen also from sub connector from RCA..is it due to sound IC at front speaker blow?

Last edited:

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
your friend was not conned... indeed 9855 was made in China... and the fuse, red is the colour indicator for 10A for those kind of fuse so no need to worry...

and for the high pass thingy... its due to the HU is switched to active mode... there is a switch either below or besiode the HU that is able to switch from "normal 2-way" and "3 way" mode... which your condition now is on 3-way mode...

why only got high tweeter sound in front? cuz alpune HU crossover limits its front(high) RCA output to 1khz ~ 1.5khz... and the rear channel is full range because basically, it plays full range untill you select a x-over point... as for the sub... you have to go to the function list and turn the sub channel on before it gives out any sound... and it also plays full range till you select a x-over point...

hope that explainations helps...

happy icing... cheers!

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Dear all,
My friends just get the used 9855, I noticed that indicated made in China? :confused:Izzit true to say that this model is manufactured in China? Fuse rating for this unit (beside of cable coneector) is 10amp(red)?Any one can verify?:stupid:

When we install it, noticed that both out front output (from RCA and speaker connector) only can have high pass sound (tweeter sound) and no mid sound at all...can every body share it due to waht problem?..anyway, normal sound (Low,mid and high frequency) can be heard from rear out (rca and speaker connector) and nothing happen also from sub connector from RCA..is it due to sound IC at front speaker blow?
Most product of Alpine nowadays are from China except their top end model Alpine F#1 status, so don't be suprise if you see its make in China. Their qc and quality still very good although its from China, the quality and part still have to be imported from other country. Alpine migrated their plant to China becos of the cheap labour cost and plenty of cheap land for rental and investment compare to Japan.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
how much is alpine type r comp 6.5" set selling here?
last time went china they giv me like rm 500 onli

hardBass4u

Known Member
Jul 23, 2006
J.B& P.J
Hmmm...clear cut now...:wavey:
In the case, nothing in doubt lor, maybe the setting is at 3 ways mode instead on normal 2 ways..
About Country of Origin, is not the main point, as long as original 9855 also born from China..:driver:

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

By the way, if there will be any problem is the unit came with no remote control cz previous owner losed it.????:stupid:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,
i took my car to the garage as it was overheating and then stop the engine and then it wont start again until its cool down, but water not boiling but they said it could be down to engine temperature sensor which located on engine head.
just wondered if anybody got any ideas about this?
thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience