All Toyota Sifu Pls. help!! oil leaking problem!!

albertpcl

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
All sifu pls help, i drive ae111 standard 96. last week i went to servise my car, i ask the mechanic check the brake coz got sound, when he open the wheel, hel show me there some oil leaking from the power steering & oils seal. he told me the oil seal still can wait untill next time change timing belt, around 40k to go. the power steering hv 2 check the oil, hv to tambah every time, and the cost 4 it is about rm400(from chop shop).
today i bought 1 bottle oil 4 power steering sealer, brand SNAP. could it help stop leaking?

Feilo

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2005
...Ipoh...
Better check wut happen to the power steering..... If oil seal leaking mayb it will decraese that oil leak..... But if U say stop ar...

albertpcl

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
Feilo said:
Better check wut happen to the power steering..... If oil seal leaking mayb it will decraese that oil leak..... But if U say stop ar...
thnx 4 reply feilo sifu.
i oso heard some sound when i driving cornering, especialy when i make a U turn will hear the sound clearly.

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
steering rack bocor is it...??? u'll need to replace it... i faced the same problem 4-5 months back... bought and replaced the steering rack and everything back to normal...

u-turn got sound...??? thud thud thud sound???

Feilo

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2005
...Ipoh...
Helo.. Taiko I'm not sifu lar.........
U mean the steering full turn..... then got the tok tok sound?????
Mayb driveshaft cv joint..... better check it.... if long time dun care about it very dangerous.....

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
of..check where leak first..p.sterring hosse or p.sterring rack...replace it if the rack leak..!really cant repair..if hose..u can replace the hose only..it is really payah...u need add every time when it got noisy ..mean out of fluid..hehee..!!!check it careful first.. :rock:

albertpcl

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
thanx 4 all advice. :rock:
i think not driveshaft coz i just change both few month ago.
. the sound i heard is ngi... ngi...... how much u change it, where? any recomanded work shop, i stay in old klng rd.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Wonder if this was ever brought up. Anyways, I'll just ask.

Sometime when u enter other ppl's car, you'll notice a different stench/smell in every car. Like socks smell, coke smell, shoe smell, char kuey teow smell etc.

Is there anyway to eliminate the odor/stench/smell without having to pay a lot of money? I put charcoal in my car, but doesn't really seem to work well. Does putting those humidifier eliminates the problem?

Appreciate your advise
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience