AE101 20V compressor

foolat

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
Anyone has a 101 compressor? I need one to replace my current one.

Would anyone know if a AE101 interchangeable with AE111 as well?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
AE101 compressor has 6 wire type (old gas) and 5 wire type (new gas).
AE111 compressor has only 5 wire type (new gas).
Please make sure yours is which type before you go look for it. Or, go see Ah Choy he can help you.

P/S: Old gas and new gas A/C system has diff in piping design which mean the compressor can't be interchangeable directly unless you use an old gas to new gas coupling that cost you about RM30/p.

Last edited:

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
wah lau eh,.......

AE101 compressor has 6 wire type (old gas) and 5 wire type (new gas).
AE111 compressor has only 5 wire type (new gas).
Please make sure yours is which type before you go look for it. Or, go see Ah Choy he can help you.

P/S: Old gas and new gas A/C system has diff in piping design which mean the compressor can't be interchangeable directly unless you use an old gas to new gas coupling that cost you about RM30/p.

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL
Hi Foolat,
This is what I found, AE111 20V BT is TV12C Denso compressor HFC13A gas and 20V ST is TV12EC DENSO compressor with R134a gas. These are not the normal piston type compressor, its a light weight effecient screw/swash plate type compressor. I happen to have a silvertop compressor with me, maybe we can make a deal. PM me bro.

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
I have a question, can we think as below, or in fact must act as below?

From the ECU part number A_XXXXXX, hence must be matched to air-cond-compressor type A_YYYYYY, finally gas type A_ZZZZZZ.

So how many combinations of ECU are there? how many compressor type? finally how many gas type ???

Did I miss anything else? or did Levin818 listed only max 2 types of compressor and that the 5 wires types between SVT and BT are infact the same?

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL
I believe so, cause ECU A_xxxxx has certain pin outs only for air cond-compressor A_yyyyyy to function properly(unless we know which goes where than we can terminate the ECU pin-out to match the air cond compressor from another model or even make)

for gas A_zzzzzz ,I think should stick to recommended ones , we never know why, maybe can cause damage to compressor or pipings due to the chemical properties or pressure ratings..just my 2 cents.

I have a question, can we think as below, or in fact must act as below?

From the ECU part number A_XXXXXX, hence must be matched to air-cond-compressor type A_YYYYYY, finally gas type A_ZZZZZZ.

So how many combinations of ECU are there? how many compressor type? finally how many gas type ???

Did I miss anything else? or did Levin818 listed only max 2 types of compressor and that the 5 wires types between SVT and BT are infact the same?

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Good point ayathu,

After thinking hard last night & today, actually I think finally the conclusion is summarized in new statement below.

It is not about which ECU match to which compressor match to which gas type, any of the 3 can be swapped out and we wouldn't know !!!! The undenying way is now to identify the one thing difficult and troublesome to change, which is the blood-veins = wiring loom. Then we can know which ECU, which compressor and finally which gas.

Welcome to highlight loopholes or mistake in my new understanding. Thanks. As an example, I finally re-read my own writing/record/website.

1. My wiring loom is 93 June, means after ~93.5 type, because my ECU is in [2]
  2. My ECU picture also shows the new part number 1A190 with 576.
  3. Means my compressor should be 5 wires, but I didn't record down part number. Should be TV12EC DENSO compressor.
  4. Finally the gas should be R134a.
If anyone of these are wrong, idling BAD !!!!

Correct?

So, if anyone doesn't trust their ECU & compressor (physically see able), then check wiring-loom, should have date code somewhere or based on compressor socket 5 or 6 wires as well as ECU socket the extra air-cond wire, etc.

haih, another sad thing for me, my wiring & ecu is supposed to be >93.5, in short new version, but I recall still seeing the VCV idling up thingy..... or is it 100% necessary in all SVT?

I believe so, cause ECU A_xxxxx has certain pin outs only for air cond-compressor A_yyyyyy to function properly(unless we know which goes where than we can terminate the ECU pin-out to match the air cond compressor from another model or even make)

for gas A_zzzzzz ,I think should stick to recommended ones , we never know why, maybe can cause damage to compressor or pipings due to the chemical properties or pressure ratings..just my 2 cents.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

What scares me next is the air-cond amplifier, are they all the same SVT early vs. late vs. BT. ???

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Hi Chin, i thought you trash your SVT and go for BT already? :biggrin:
All SVT has VSV for Idling up. BT's aircon idling is compensate by ISCV so it save one VSV cost.

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Hi Levin818, Yes I did, but using SVT wiring, and due to something not match, as mentioned by me2kimi, my idling plus revving suffer badly, need to use adjustable FPR, then AFR too rich, killed piston ring less than one year time. Advice everyone not to DIY, must do by expert like Levin818 or cuscostrutbrace.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys and dudes here, sorry if this topic posted already or many topics opened.

i wanna ask about about HKS and Apexi spark plug

which 1 is better and about the price?

about about the 7 8 and 9 how to c which car have to use what?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience