Adding 2T as petrol additives...

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
Should sponsor some to bro. Izso for test.
Report comes out good, your sales will shoot up for sure......:driver:

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

/QUOTE]

sure can.. hihi :burnout:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
25% of a synthetic rubber compound isn't a lot. You're better off finding a PIB based fuel additive.

I'm having my doubts about this 2T experiment. If anything goes wrong it's going to be a very expensive experiment. I've had a lot done to my engine and it's very important I don't do anything that'll upset it, like using any other type of oil other than w30 weight (or lighter).

Will have to carefully consider this and understand how it all works.
I am already using this so called octane booster for my VR for about 4 to 5 months already. When I tried RON95 my VR knocked badly and cannot rev pass 4.5k RPM.
With this additive so far so good, can rev to red line with RON95 and feel the power is better too...
So I won't mind trying 2T if it is cheaper and must work of course.....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
2T from my understanding isn't the same as an octane booster. I doubt it'll replace your additive but what would I know? I've never tried it.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Izso, 2T mixing with diesel I can say it works but for petrol. I never try before..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
2T from my understanding isn't the same as an octane booster. I doubt it'll replace your additive but what would I know? I've never tried it.
The additive sold by my friend is also oil base, and have funny strong smell, and is hard to get rid off even when wash with soap. The 2T might or might not work so a trial have to be done and I am a sucker for any trial....ha! ha!
Reading the forum, it is said the 2T changes the petrol chemical reaction, and delay initial combustion but helps completes the after burning. Delay initial combustion is like having RON97 and complete after burn means cleaner and supposing better power on theory that is.....

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20000902/fob3.asp

A chemical normally known for its role in the manufacture of synthetic rubber may lead to cleaner-burning, more-fuel-efficient cars and trucks.

Automobiles using the polymer additive, called polyisobutylene, decrease their emissions by 70 percent, says Paul F. Waters of American University in Washington, D.C. What's more, mileage goes up 20 percent, while horsepower increases 10 percent, he says.

Due to the emissions improvements and fuel savings, Waters says, polyisobutylene "reduces the number of gases that potentially lead to global warming."

Waters reported the results in late August at the 220th national meeting of the American Chemical Society in Washington, D.C.

Gasoline is a menagerie of hydrocarbon molecules that differ in size and shape. Short molecules generally burn very quickly, causing temperature and pressure inside an engine to rise in a dramatic spike. That creates engine knock and emissions of nitrous oxide pollution. Meanwhile, longer hydrocarbons burn more slowly and incompletely, which raises exhaust temperature and leaves remnants of hydrocarbons that contribute to soot and other forms of pollution.

Polyisobutylene appears to slightly delay the burning of short hydrocarbon molecules, which then hasten the burning of the longer hydrocarbons, Waters says. With the additive, therefore, the fuel burns more completely and engine and exhaust temperatures drop significantly.

Waters suspects that polyisobutylene changes the surface tension of fuel droplets, preventing short hydrocarbons from immediately vaporizing when gasoline is sprayed into the engine. The delay apparently is "long enough, so that. . .the two components evaporate more or less in the same physical region in space and then they burn more or less together," says Waters.

"I think Paul has some intriguing results that could be very promising for the automotive industry," comments Graham Swift, a polymer chemist and independent consultant outside of Philadelphia. "It sounds delightfully simple and promising to me. We tend not to look for simple solutions."

"What I like about his approach was that he looked at combustion, and he looked at what controls combustion, and then applied it to the internal combustion engine," says Swift. With better control over the fuel droplets, Swift says, "the better your combustion, the better your fuel consumption, the better your automotive horsepower, the less incomplete combustion you get, and that means you've got less noxious fumes coming out."

So far, Waters and his colleagues have tested the additive on a dozen automobiles in three states and several other countries. Waters points out that 50 other cars also have shown improved performance with the additive.

Waters says the mileage benefits could pay for the cost of the fuel additive—perhaps 10 cents a gallon, he says. Polyisobutylene works well in diesel engines, too, he adds.

"This is of course useful for global warming, but it's also useful for the vehicle and the engine itself," says Waters. "When the engine operates at a lower overall temperature, there's less wear and tear on all the parts. The less temperature that you impose on any of these devices, the longer they're going to last, and in principle, the less your repair bill is going to be."

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Izso, 2T mixing with diesel I can say it works but for petrol. I never try before..
Have to test loh.....probably will try on next tank.....:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, if you dare - why not? Personally I wouldn't though. Never know what sort of chemical reaction you'll get when mixed with petrol. Worst case is it leaves deposits and clogs injectors. Ugh.. major pain in the behind to clean
Found out more on Mothballs.......

Can mothballs increase octane?

The legend of mothballs as an octane enhancer arose well before WWII when naphthalene was used as the active ingredient. Today, the majority of mothballs use para-dichlorobenzene in place of naphthalene, so choose carefully if you wish to experiment :-). There have been some concerns about the toxicity of para-dichlorobenzene, and naphthalene mothballs have again become popular. In the 1920s, typical gasoline octane ratings were 40-60 [11], and during the 1930s and 40s, the ratings increased by approximately 20 units as alkyl leads and improved refining processes became widespread [12].

Naphthalene has a blending motor octane number of 90 [52], so the addition of a significant amount of mothballs could increase the octane, and they were soluble in gasoline. The amount usually required to appreciably increase the octane also had some adverse effects. The most obvious was due to the high melting point, (80C), when the fuel evaporated the naphthalene would precipitate out, blocking jets and filters. With modern gasolines, naphthalene is more likely to reduce the octane rating, and the amount required for low octane fuels will also create operational and emissions problems.

Last edited:

Rafale

Known Member
Dec 10, 2006
Selangor KLIA
Is similar to Morey upper cylinder lubricant which is oil also.....
MOREY’S UPPER CYLINDER LUBRICANT & INJECTOR CLEANER | Morey's Lubrication Systems

Then Marvel mystery oil....
::Marvel Mystery Oil::

and many others......:driver:

I have some members using moth balls in the petrol tank......:driver:

Morey's Upper Cylinder Lubricant. I found this few hours ago during my lunch time @ PKNS Shah Alam.
I thought I read abt it somewhere before, and it was you who mentioned it :hmmmm:
Rm52 for a liter, quite expensive.. 1L for 650L of gasoline.

Attachments

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Morey's Upper Cylinder Lubricant. I found this few hours ago during my lunch time @ PKNS Shah Alam.
I thought I read abt it somewhere before, and it was you who mentioned it :hmmmm:
Rm52 for a liter, quite expensive.. 1L for 650L of gasoline.
Quite hard to find Morey nowadays

Danial Leroux

Jun 7, 2011
Johor Bahru
from what i know is that 2T is a lubricant not an octane booster.therefore it will give a bad effect on the combustion(for 4 strokes).however the reason it use in 2-strokes engine because 2-strokes engine doesnt have lubricant tank below the engine.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So far finish one tank with 2T, with good results. Will try a few more tank first, because usually after the 3rd tank before any changes is felt when switching from Ron 97 to 95

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys !! I bought a pair of adjustable cam pulleys/gears and i need to know the best settings for 4G93p. Anyone knows about it?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience