Adding 2T as petrol additives...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Noted, brother.....but yours pinging?
My turbo used to knock with Ron 95, then use Ron97, then with additives with Ron95, now Ron95 with 2T also running well....
I don't understand how this works for you. Pinging or knocking is when you get pre-ignition. 2T isn't an octane booster so how does it reduce or stop pinging? :hmmmm:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't understand how this works for you. Pinging or knocking is when you get pre-ignition. 2T isn't an octane booster so how does it reduce or stop pinging? :hmmmm:
I am not a technical person, so just adding 2T as a test. If it works all the better for me, then I can use Ron95 with it. Anyway this was the article I read....maybe you can understand it better....

"A chemical normally known for its role in the manufacture of synthetic rubber may lead to cleaner-burning, more-fuel-efficient cars and trucks.

Automobiles using the polymer additive, called polyisobutylene, decrease their emissions by 70 percent, says Paul F. Waters of American University in Washington, D.C. What's more, mileage goes up 20 percent, while horsepower increases 10 percent, he says.

Due to the emissions improvements and fuel savings, Waters says, polyisobutylene "reduces the number of gases that potentially lead to global warming."

Waters reported the results in late August at the 220th national meeting of the American Chemical Society in Washington, D.C.

Gasoline is a menagerie of hydrocarbon molecules that differ in size and shape. Short molecules generally burn very quickly, causing temperature and pressure inside an engine to rise in a dramatic spike. That creates engine knock and emissions of nitrous oxide pollution. Meanwhile, longer hydrocarbons burn more slowly and incompletely, which raises exhaust temperature and leaves remnants of hydrocarbons that contribute to soot and other forms of pollution.

Polyisobutylene appears to slightly delay the burning of short hydrocarbon molecules, which then hasten the burning of the longer hydrocarbons, Waters says. With the additive, therefore, the fuel burns more completely and engine and exhaust temperatures drop significantly.

Waters suspects that polyisobutylene changes the surface tension of fuel droplets, preventing short hydrocarbons from immediately vaporizing when gasoline is sprayed into the engine. The delay apparently is "long enough, so that. . .the two components evaporate more or less in the same physical region in space and then they burn more or less together," says Waters.

"I think Paul has some intriguing results that could be very promising for the automotive industry," comments Graham Swift, a polymer chemist and independent consultant outside of Philadelphia. "It sounds delightfully simple and promising to me. We tend not to look for simple solutions."

"What I like about his approach was that he looked at combustion, and he looked at what controls combustion, and then applied it to the internal combustion engine," says Swift. With better control over the fuel droplets, Swift says, "the better your combustion, the better your fuel consumption, the better your automotive horsepower, the less incomplete combustion you get, and that means you've got less noxious fumes coming out."

So far, Waters and his colleagues have tested the additive on a dozen automobiles in three states and several other countries. Waters points out that 50 other cars also have shown improved performance with the additive.

Waters says the mileage benefits could pay for the cost of the fuel additive—perhaps 10 cents a gallon, he says. Polyisobutylene works well in diesel engines, too, he adds.

"This is of course useful for global warming, but it's also useful for the vehicle and the engine itself," says Waters. "When the engine operates at a lower overall temperature, there's less wear and tear on all the parts. The less temperature that you impose on any of these devices, the longer they're going to last, and in principle, the less your repair bill is going to be."

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Interesting! So instead of increasing octane it delays ignition. I wonder if Civic Type-R and Swift Sport can use these 2T additives rather than using Octane 97

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
last tried on my 4age 20v...
becomes sluggish with more prominent pinging...
probably not for high compression engine...:hmmmm:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Interesting! So instead of increasing octane it delays ignition. I wonder if Civic Type-R and Swift Sport can use these 2T additives rather than using Octane 97
Hoping this works the same as high octane fuel.:biggrin: Before this I am on another fuel additive which is slightly more expensive and have been on it for the past half year or so, so see which works better and cheaper....

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
last tried on my 4age 20v...
becomes sluggish with more prominent pinging...
probably not for high compression engine...:hmmmm:
I'm agree with you sir. my 4age20 pinging and feel loss of torque after mix 2t with ron95

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well...my report on diesel would be different...

without diesel..cold start is easier....however i felt the power loss at midrange/cruising

with diesel...cold start was a pig....almost every morning had to keep cranking the engine for quite long time and hard to idle when cold...but after properly warmed-up....all good......the power immediately was there which is none at the same stretch...same rpm....the engine was eager to go faster...and my speed was faster by 3-5% by the same rpm due to more power/torque available......

so i only mix diesel whenever i will use the vehicle for long time...now only short2 trip to kedai makan so no mix....

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
im been using 2t mix for about 2 month with 10k mileage on together with a set of new plug from bosch IR fusion

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
just found castrol 2t, claims exceed jaso fd costing rm20 only, will try out next week, want 2 chnge plugs & empty tank first for better reading

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Yes 10k till today.

This my condition service is check plug, check how much carbon in the intake by using amsoil power form to flush the intake surprise the exhaust coming out white smoke is less about 1/3 or less compare the last I do at 40k mileage.... now my engine is 107k mileage. All this time been continue mix 2t.... I think I miss less then 5 time without 2t in my petrol.

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
just found castrol 2t, claims exceed jaso fd costing rm20 only, will try out next week, want 2 chnge plugs & empty tank first for better reading
thats cheap, im using tcw3 now, its smoother and seems to pull better then jaso FD on 1st gear.

im been using 2t mix for about 2 month with 10k mileage on together with a set of new plug from bosch IR fusion

nice, like mine.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
my review would be the engine sound a bit more harsher.myb because i used it with petron ron95?

cold start require the rpm to shoot quite high at around 2k rpm.just for a mere 1 sec.then drop to around 1.5k rpm for warming up.

however the best part is dat, it really help to save more fuel.1 full tank can give another 20 to 30km extra.

the performance is indeed there.coz when i stop using the 2t...the car felt require more power when going uphill and i find it giving less mileage.
calculated fc is around 14 km/l.before use 2t its around 13km/l.this is for daily go to work use.

btw, i tried on my perodua viva 1.0 auto wif complete exhaust, open pod n e manage.

Last edited:

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
my review would be the engine sound a bit more harsher.myb because i used it with petron ron95?

cold start require the rpm to shoot quite high at around 2k rpm.just for a mere 1 sec.then drop to around 1.5k rpm for warming up.

however the best part is dat, it really help to save more fuel.1 full tank can give another 20 to 30km extra.

the performance is indeed there.coz when i stop using the 2t...the car felt require more power when going uphill and i find it giving less mileage.
calculated fc is around 14 km/l.before use 2t its around 13km/l.this is for daily go to work use.

btw, i tried on my perodua viva 1.0 auto wif complete exhaust, open pod n e manage.
bro,
ur engine is 4AGE ist? n how much we need to pore inside te fuel tank..i means ratio to fuel ?
n which brand n model/code number mostly suit 4AGE, Tq very much:hmmmm:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A friend of mine recently obtained a V-AFCII with a MIVEC converter for his 1.6Mivec. DOes anyone have the wiring and basic configuration for the V-AFCII?
I have the standard wiring diagram but this does not include the wiring diagram for the converter.

Help is highly appreciated.

edmund
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience