About the adjustable .

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
I am currently using 195/55/R15 on a 6.5jj rims with a +38 offset without any fender hitting issue, if the car in your profile pic is yours and you are using that rim, I would assume the rims you're using is either offset +30 or 35, what suspension are you using now? If you're using stock absoerber with lowered springs, there is a possibility that the springs soften over time, it really depends on a lot of factors :)

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
If it's not +40, you'll hit fender for sure. And downsize to 195/50/15 la. Myvi no need 55 profile mah. If you don't want to downsize, you have a few options :

1. Roll the fender out a bit to make way for your too large offset rims (assuming it is)
2. Modify your absorber top mounting with the Alza top mount or a custom solid mount and make your rear higher.
3. Change to a different offset rim.+40 preferably.
4. Change to a lower profile tyre
thx alot for the info .. the foreman tell me the same thing as u said ... chging to 195 50 15 ... but my tyre are still new if trade in rugi 99 :banghead::banghead:

btw my rear asb already found leaking , so can chging adjustable be one of the solution ? :confused:

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I am currently using 195/55/R15 on a 6.5jj rims with a +38 offset without any fender hitting issue, if the car in your profile pic is yours and you are using that rim, I would assume the rims you're using is either offset +30 or 35, what suspension are you using now? If you're using stock absoerber with lowered springs, there is a possibility that the springs soften over time, it really depends on a lot of factors :)
yeap bro im nw using gab lower spring with stock asb only ...nt hard enough ..
6.5jj should be okay but 7jj with tyre 195 55 15 sangkut liao ..:sleep::sleep:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
But most rota got that size meh? :confused:
no.

but "rota" has 7jj with those stupid offsets though

my point is that the width doesnt dictate scrapes.

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
any idea where can I get those adjustable with lowest price ?
and sifu2 here pls recommend me the adjustable suitable for my case :boring::boring:

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
around 1k mybe ? hi/lo is enough for me but need to sure that the rear tyre wont hit the fender when load with people :boring::boring:
i heard that gab hwl sustec d2 are queit cheap now ..:idea:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If hi/lo only and your intention is to avoid Sagat, get the hardest spring and absorber and stuff in spring buffers. Make it stiffer than Zangief and less like Dhalsim.

Warning: Too stiff your rear might cause you losing it when going through bumpy road at high speed.

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
If hi/lo only and your intention is to avoid Sagat, get the hardest spring and absorber and stuff in spring buffers. Make it stiffer than Zangief and less like Dhalsim.

Warning: Too stiff your rear might cause you losing it when going through bumpy road at high speed.
what means of zangief and dhalsim ? :confused::confused:

too stiff will damage the rims .. how if i adjust the rear to be higher ? can it works ?:confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

:rofl:

*Sonic boom!*

Tommy : won't spoil the rims la. Tyres more likely. That Cvkit was saying is that if the rear is too stiff, you won't have stability when it comes to bouncy roads. Make higher yes - but do it properly. Spring buffers will deform your spring in the long term so if your springs are stock and old - then fine. But if they are new and/or expensive - don't la ruin them

Gamabuchi

Jul 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

This ftw!