4g93T gsr engine rebuild, need advice

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
The sound was from the cracked banana.. the exhaust gas was dragging the thermal wrap thus making the srff..srff..srff sound. After reweld sound gone already. :top:

As for the tuning. I think my humble e-manage would be sufficient for now...but need to upgrade to stand alone when wanna boost above 1.6 bar. Now still using evo's MAF. Plus would smoothen up the mapping.

How's ur 2.1litre monster doing bro? Bile siap.. When i'm free maybe can visit u at Permata.. wanna c ur project. Can bro?

Last edited:

goo_61t

500 RPM
Nov 13, 2007
The sound was from the cracked banana.. the exhaust gas was dragging the thermal wrap thus making the srff..srff..srff sound. After reweld sound gone already. :top:

As for the tuning. I think my humble e-manage would be sufficient for now...but need to upgrade to stand alone when wanna boost above 1.6 bar. Now still using evo's MAF. Plus would smoothen up the mapping.

How's ur 2.1litre monster doing bro? Bile siap.. When i'm free maybe can visit u at Permata.. wanna c ur project. Can bro?

1.6 bar no need standalone lerr.. e-manage enough edy.evo's maf + e-manage for gsr quite good combination edy,can try to hack the maf :)
wut turbo r u using? td05 20g + e-manage + 560cc injector + evo maf enough edy.. no need to pening2 with standalone unless ur going for bigger turbo(gt series), bigger injector( 1000cc above) then u can opt for standalone la.

my project on going laa and it's not 2.1 ltr lerr..

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
Emanage Blue can boost 1 bar with 530cc injectors ? I thought standalone only safe for boost 1 bar or more ?? Correct me If I'm wrong ~ Thanks ! :wavey:

Last edited:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
1.6 bar no need standalone lerr.. e-manage enough edy.evo's maf + e-manage for gsr quite good combination edy,can try to hack the maf :)
wut turbo r u using? td05 20g + e-manage + 560cc injector + evo maf enough edy.. no need to pening2 with standalone unless ur going for bigger turbo(gt series), bigger injector( 1000cc above) then u can opt for standalone la.

my project on going laa and it's not 2.1 ltr lerr..
how to get this Evo Maf? Air flow sensor ?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Emanage Blue can boost 1 bar with 530cc injectors ? I thought standalone only safe for boost 1 bar or more ?? Correct me If I'm wrong ~ Thanks ! :wavey:
Correct u if u're wrong. So, U are wrong. Muahahaha...
Regardless of what boost, standalone is alway better in terms of driveability and response. Cause everything is fully controlled.

Unlike emanage/SAFC/other moderate class piggyback, they only allow correction of 20%(Example from e-manage). Say if u're using 231ZZT 1.8. If u increase te injector size, say to 450cc. If every figure on the emanage are set to 0, the same current and pulse sent to your injector will be same as before, but it's result higher fuel rate injection. Easy to say, same duty cycle different injector capacity will have different fuel injection.

how to get this Evo Maf? Air flow sensor ?
I got I got.... U want..? Kekeke...
Sorry, no business here.

haha i knew it haha..
thanx bro..
btw 510cc is pretty alot of gsr already.
for me I think that 390cc already enough to help you pump even with a TD05 turbo
If u follow stock boost of TD05 16G BESAR which is 0.9bar/12.5psi, a 390cc in just flooding the neck. 510cc, yes it's too much. I'd say 450cc is good for 1.1bar to keep the engine running at 11-12 AFR. With a standalone, U can go for 1.3-1.4 bar.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Regardless of what boost, standalone is alway better in terms of driveability and response. Cause everything is fully controlled.

Unlike emanage/SAFC/other moderate class piggyback, they only allow correction of 20%(Example from e-manage). Say if u're using 231ZZT 1.8. If u increase te injector size, say to 450cc. If every figure on the emanage are set to 0, the same current and pulse sent to your injector will be same as before, but it's result higher fuel rate injection. Easy to say, same duty cycle different injector capacity will have different fuel injection.

I got I got.... U want..? Kekeke...
Sorry, no business here.

If u follow stock boost of TD05 16G BESAR which is 0.9bar/12.5psi, a 390cc in just flooding the neck. 510cc, yes it's too much. I'd say 450cc is good for 1.1bar to keep the engine running at 11-12 AFR. With a standalone, U can go for 1.3-1.4 bar.
hehe how much you want to sell me ur evo maf???
yeah 450 is the best but if got no budget stick with 390cc will be fine too just dont boost so high lah around 0.7 like that on a TD05

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008

HEhe!! Thanks for correct me up :wavey:
Btw I'm use 450cc fue injectors with T28 turbo and boost 1bar ok ar ? Or need to change to bigger to 550cc ??:wavey:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hehe how much you want to sell me ur evo maf???
yeah 450 is the best but if got no budget stick with 390cc will be fine too just dont boost so high lah around 0.7 like that on a TD05
hehe... we talk about it when yumcha ok...

HEhe!! Thanks for correct me up :wavey:
Btw I'm use 450cc fuel injectors with T28 turbo and boost 1bar ok ar ? Or need to change to bigger to 550cc ??:wavey:
450cc can la... too big for wad..?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Ok ! Thanks !! :wavey:
Because I thought 440cc only handle for aorund 240whp++...above that..need 550cc to support ~
4G93T stock internals with Tong Turbo customized TD05 with upgraded fins and special racing journal bearings. Managed by Haltech and 450cc single tip injectors boosting 1.4bar. Impressively distributing 270whp before it exceeded the valve spring limit and float the valve...

It all depends on how well the injection and ignition mapping is tuned and controlled.

when wanna go yum cha bro?
hehe cant wait for this sifu class person hehe
Aiks... I not sifu ler... But yumcha, no problem... SMS ler...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
4G93T stock internals with Tong Turbo customized TD05 with upgraded fins and special racing journal bearings. Managed by Haltech and 450cc single tip injectors boosting 1.4bar. Impressively distributing 270whp before it exceeded the valve spring limit and float the valve...

It all depends on how well the injection and ignition mapping is tuned and controlled.

Aiks... I not sifu ler... But yumcha, no problem... SMS ler...
I dont have ur number ler paiseh mind to pm me?
stock internals with haltech and 450cc can squeeze out 270whp is dam impressing bro

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi members,

I'm happy to be in the memberlist of this forum.

Now, I've just bought a Proton Saga LMST 1.3(M), year 2005.

In order to take a good care of the engine and performance, I would love to get good parts for the car.

I'm in the plan of changing a good spark plug. Anyone here can recommend me a good plug? I heard Bosch Platinum +4 is a hell of outstanding performance plug. Is that true and how much does it cost over here in Malaysia?

Your reply will be helpful for me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience