4g93T gsr engine rebuild, need advice

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
hi bro,

the thread here seems more active, therefore wanna tumpang tanya...
i had decided to get GSR for my waja, however manual half cut is RM2k more than auto halfcut. My question is whether waja manual can replace for GSR tritonic gearbox or not? if ok, waja gearbox (4G18) can withstand how many horse power or torque? is there any big different compared to waja manual with GSR manual??

thanks brooooooooooo

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
hi bro,

i had decided to get GSR for my waja, however manual half cut is RM2k more than auto halfcut. My question is whether waja manual can replace for GSR tritonic gearbox or not? if ok, waja gearbox (4G18) can withstand how many horse power or torque? is there any big different compared to waja manual with GSR manual??

thanks brooooooooooo

is there any big different compared to waja manual with GSR manual?? >>> are u refering to the hp?..waja manual got only around 110hp or slightly lesser, the gsr got 190bhp..80bhp more..wat u think?..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
is there any big different compared to waja manual with GSR manual?? >>> are u refering to the hp?..waja manual got only around 110hp or slightly lesser, the gsr got 190bhp..80bhp more..wat u think?..
he's refering to the gb.

hi bro,

thanks brooooooooooo
4g18 uses 2wd gb n 8" flywheel n clutch engagement by cable. 4g93t uses 4 ws gb with 9" flywheel with hydraulic engagement clutch.

Difference also on the ratio n durability and upgradability when u wants more power with multiplate clutch assembly and also aftermarket or oem LSD for evo gb.

Last edited:

mojoloon

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
Hi

Sorry to hijack the thread since I find this thread is the most informative... I want to ask few things but lead to 1 purpose too.. :D

1. How can I get >300whp on 4G93T-RS, any recommendation?
Currently my engine still stock, but the following list of equipments that I have purchased but not yet install
1. K1 forged conrod and 82 bore piston Wiseco
2. HKS GT2835R
3. HKS wastegate
4. Tial BOV
5. COpper Head Gasket .048"
6. 880cc fuel injector
7. Haltech 1000
8. Fidanza Clutch

Next on the shopping list:-
1. ACL bearing, (should I go for stock or .25 for Main and Rod Bearing?)
2. E3 intake
3. E3 TB
4. Lightweight Flywheel (Can CE9A flywheel use on mine?)

Thank you.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
fuar, u got nice stuffs there..:adore:

Lazarus

Known Member
Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
mojoloon:

1: if u plan to use the ACL Racing Series bearing then u have only but one choice "standard size". The ACL Aluglide series might have oversize. my advice open up the engine and see the condition of the crankshaft then decide.

2: E3 intake? can't be used on 4G93 heads. so out of the question.

3: E3 throttle body? Yes. Great investment but u need to bore your intake mani as well to really maximize the flow going in the combustion.

4: Lightweight flywheel is not really necessary if you are going for 300+ whp. stick to standard and go for 3 puck exedy clutch or trinti for that matter. E3 flywheel u need to mod to make it fit out cranckshaft. don't bother with this setup no gain whatsoever.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi

Sorry to hijack the thread since I find this thread is the most informative... I want to ask few things but lead to 1 purpose too.. :D

1. How can I get >300whp on 4G93T-RS, any recommendation?
Currently my engine still stock, but the following list of equipments that I have purchased but not yet install
1. K1 forged conrod and 82 bore piston Wiseco
2. HKS GT2835R
3. HKS wastegate
4. Tial BOV
5. COpper Head Gasket .048"
6. 880cc fuel injector
7. Haltech 1000
8. Fidanza Clutch

Next on the shopping list:-
1. ACL bearing, (should I go for stock or .25 for Main and Rod Bearing?)
2. E3 intake
3. E3 TB
4. Lightweight Flywheel (Can CE9A flywheel use on mine?)

Thank you.
1-RAce bearing...? SOmething good to invest on...
2-E3 intake..? where can use..? CTC of the intake port not same, screw hole also not same how to use..?
3-This is wad ppl mod normally before anything else done. Cause that's the most direct way.
4-3++, better be sure the flywheel strength can hold all that HP if u lighten too much. Evo flywheel on a GSR engine is a waste of time. U need to add on a spacer in order to use. Unless Ur flywheel is badly damaged and cannot be used anymore, then u opt for an EVO flywheel due to the ridiculous price the GSR flywheel is selling.

BTW, ever thought of an investment on a set of high duration cams..? Ur HKS GT2835R equivalent to Garrett GT3071R is kinda big...

What about FUEL PUMP...? Standard GSR 90LPH..? CUkup kah..?

mojoloon:

1: if u plan to use the ACL Racing Series bearing then u have only but one choice "standard size". The ACL Aluglide series might have oversize. my advice open up the engine and see the condition of the crankshaft then decide.

3: E3 throttle body? Yes. Great investment but u need to bore your intake mani as well to really maximize the flow going in the combustion.

4: Lightweight flywheel is not really necessary if you are going for 300+ whp. stick to standard and go for 3 puck exedy clutch or trinti for that matter. E3 flywheel u need to mod to make it fit out cranckshaft. don't bother with this setup no gain whatsoever.
Oh yeah.

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
he's refering to the gb.

4g18 uses 2wd gb n 8" flywheel n clutch engagement by cable. 4g93t uses 4 ws gb with 9" flywheel with hydraulic engagement clutch.

Difference also on the ratio n durability and upgradability when u wants more power with multiplate clutch assembly and also aftermarket or oem LSD for evo gb.
Hi speed2horizon,

u mean if i using 4g18, i will need to use back the original flywheel and clutchset? :( because now the clutch is not even able to hold my BOT power....

do you have any experience or heard about tritonic drawback? i afraid i will get alot of problem when i get triptonic. I wont desire for big power at the moment. as long as tritonic can withstand with the existing power..... thx sifuuuuuuuuuuu

CSx8213x

1,000 RPM
Mar 8, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
waja 4G18p gearbox use hydraulic clutch pump le ....

mojoloon

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
mojoloon:

Thanks... for feedback...

I have see ppl modify the E3 intake for GSR.. possible?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi speed2horizon,

u mean if i using 4g18, i will need to use back the original flywheel and clutchset? :( because now the clutch is not even able to hold my BOT power....

do you have any experience or heard about tritonic drawback? i afraid i will get alot of problem when i get triptonic. I wont desire for big power at the moment. as long as tritonic can withstand with the existing power..... thx sifuuuuuuuuuuu
Err... It's just an automatic gearbox... Triptronic is just a gear limiting fucntion. Nothing fancy. Just like our stock auto GB where we can limit it by having D, OD off, 2, L.. Both using torque converter.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This, ladies and gentlemen is the MCE MC1. It caused quite a stir in the UK last year while testing because no one knew what it was so just imagine the lengths people were going to just to find out what it was. Ultimately, CAR magazine figured out what it was but not before people threw ideas around. Some of them even thought it was a replacement to the aged Lotus Esprit or maybe even a new Lotus but obviously, they...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience