Mystery Supercar: MCE MC1

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

This, ladies and gentlemen is the MCE MC1. It caused quite a stir in the UK last year while testing because no one knew what it was so just imagine the lengths people were going to just to find out what it was. Ultimately, CAR magazine figured out what it was but not before people threw ideas around. Some of them even thought it was a replacement to the aged Lotus Esprit or maybe even a new Lotus but obviously, they were all wrong.

The car is designed by a certain David Hilton who also happening to have designed the Ford Focus RS and S-Max. A joint venture between two companies: MotorCity Europe and C2P Automotive, the car is supposedly being built by C2P while MCE will be coordinating the design.

As far as the engine and performance figures are concerned, I have only managed to find out some scarce details like it being powered by a 600bhp V10 engine and that it features an all-carbon fiber monocoque chassis. Enormous rims, 20 inches up front and 21inches in the rear help plant all that power into the tarmac. Apparently, the MC1 is slightly shorter and narrower than a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 and 15mm higher. So does that translate to lot of difference? In terms of performance, maybe, in terms of design and looks, not really.

The MCE MC1 has not been confirmed for production as this “concept” lacks funds to get started. So if you don’t know what to do with your bank account balance, you could always approach these guys and offer to help once you’re done feeding the poor. Just for the record, the MC1 is a near roadworthy concept as it has done a lot of testing which includes track testing to nail the car’s overall aesthetics. So it will be money well spent for you, better get the cheque book out and get on the next plane to the UK.

HaZaRd

Known Member
Jan 19, 2006
i wonder how much air can be enter into the center 'CAI' there.. ~ :P

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Where is the signal light ar:hmmmm:...
rear light le:hmmmm:
how to drive it at night to kaw lui...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As per title , i just change my stock toyota brake system (2pot 1pot ) into aftermarket Brembo (4pot 2pot)(recondition brake calipers) along with new Brembo rotors n Brembo brake pads (400cc). the problem i'm encountering it's the brake squeal whenever on a low speed nearby to stop...(mostly about to reach a traffic light)..the sound came in on n off...is it normal for a brembo brake to squeal? car driven from KL ---> JB ....JB ----> KL after change brake kits..clock more than 500km for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience