4G93T Club

oye

Nov 29, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
well are you using replica HKS SSQV BOV?
it might be the BOV leaking bro..
coz replica lifespan not really good if always high boost bro
It could be a replica i think, bcoz it's cheap at rm260 and the mechanic said it's brand new, lol. I'm not sure what brand is it bcoz there's no hks logo, but looks like a ssqv, silver colour. At first the car was jerking when i'm boosting, but after the mechanic tighten the screw at the back, the jerking was gone. The sound flutters at light throttle and high pitch blow off sound at higher boost and rpm. http://www.hksusa.com/products/more.asp?id=792

Read somewhere that the atmospheric type may disturb the MAF sensor because it does not recirculate the boost back to the intake (hope my explanation is correct). Because of this, the fuel injected is momentarily in rich condition, so it says. Maybe that's explain why i smell fuel everytime the engine stalled after i release the gas paddle after boosting.

What bov are u and other sifus are using? Any bov brand or type that is recommended for this engine?

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
Hello guys, esp all the sifu-sifu di sini

I'm from J. Baru, driving a Lancer 2006 CS5A Ralliart with the 4 speed Invecs II auto-tiptronic (S'pore car, pasal cari duit kat Singapore..terpaksa beli keta sana)..This is the one with the 5x114.3 PCD wheels, rear disc, rear wiper, LOUSY 4G93T GDI small SMALLLL TD035 turbo that cannot boost more than 0.7 bar or tune more than 200 bhp without problems -sigh-

I'm looking at putting in a REAL 4G93T from a GSR + manual gbox..my understanding is that 4G93T in M'sia = BANYAK + BOLEH.

But because banyak sangat + alot of kedai cakap "boleh! no problem!", I need to know a few things:

1- Besides the 4G93T enjin kosong, what else do I need besides the turbo, intercooler, etc..

2- Where/what manual gbox will fit my car?

3- What sort of engine management do I need for 250 bhp @ crank. Is it too much to expect?

4- For 250 bhp @ crank, can the engine be VERY VERY RELIABLE? Car is used to drive from JB-Singapore every day, and alot of times to KL/Penang and Cameron Highlands..hehe.

5- What mods MUST be done to make sure that this engine can be FACTORY-STOCK reliable? Rebuild? Overhaul?

6- Which shops in JB do you guys recommend to do any of your recommended/above work for RELIABILITY, or know of that can do a very RELIABLE job of selecting the engine? Most importantly, after install, swee swee + no problems.

main goal is to make the car more fun to drive, bukan giler kuasa. Already done my chassis bushings/brakes/suspension/stiffening..so now tinggal enjin saja..i have faith in e 4G93T..hehe

niko

Last edited:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
It could be a replica i think, bcoz it's cheap at rm260 and the mechanic said it's brand new, lol. I'm not sure what brand is it bcoz there's no hks logo, but looks like a ssqv, silver colour. At first the car was jerking when i'm boosting, but after the mechanic tighten the screw at the back, the jerking was gone. The sound flutters at light throttle and high pitch blow off sound at higher boost and rpm. http://www.hksusa.com/products/more.asp?id=792

Read somewhere that the atmospheric type may disturb the MAF sensor because it does not recirculate the boost back to the intake (hope my explanation is correct). Because of this, the fuel injected is momentarily in rich condition, so it says. Maybe that's explain why i smell fuel everytime the engine stalled after i release the gas paddle after boosting.

What bov are u and other sifus are using? Any bov brand or type that is recommended for this engine?
well im using original SSQV and it is serving my engine very well bro with 1 Bar boost

zeni-tani

Nov 5, 2008
So tell me guys i have been hearing this mystery thailand made gasket that can handle 2.7-3bar can some one tell me where to buy

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
So tell me guys i have been hearing this mystery thailand made gasket that can handle 2.7-3bar can some one tell me where to buy
It doesn't exist. No manufacturer can tell you their gasket can withstand 3bar of boost.
The best bet is the 1.8mm Metal Gasket. Cost about MYR200.00 I am using it.. but I don't boost up to that high.. only 1.5bar with TD05 turbo.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
It doesn't exist. No manufacturer can tell you their gasket can withstand 3bar of boost.
The best bet is the 1.8mm Metal Gasket. Cost about MYR200.00 I am using it.. but I don't boost up to that high.. only 1.5bar with TD05 turbo.
well my friend try 2mm metal gasket
can boost up to 2 bar no problem..
but with boost controller lah haha
anyway me myself using 1.8mm metal gasket too
is true that can stand up to 1.5 bar boost but is not encourage to do so if ur piston n conrods is stock hehe:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zeni-tani

Nov 5, 2008
Mr Chris yong can vouch for this.

If it did not exist he will not even mention it, apparently it some guy that is good at replicating some aftermarket gasket like HKS and JUN etc.. so i want to know where to get one.

Mr. Yong can you hoook me up? Ill buy an intercooler with it :biggrin:

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
no one can replicate the same materials as HKS or TOMEI. They aren't the same as those so called thailand mades..
I am boosting 1.5bar with wiseco pistons and duratech conrods... however, i cannot say that my head gasket will last as long as my pistons. :)

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
wanna ask something, what could cause clutch slip? my clutch set is new, just install this year april. but my mech claims that, because the gearbox is 4wd lock to 2wd, i will experience clutch slip, and to counter this, i would need a semi racing clutch??? true meh? or got other reason like, flywheel problem or so..

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
wanna ask something, what could cause clutch slip? my clutch set is new, just install this year april. but my mech claims that, because the gearbox is 4wd lock to 2wd, i will experience clutch slip, and to counter this, i would need a semi racing clutch??? true meh? or got other reason like, flywheel problem or so..
it is very possible..
plus what clutch are you using?
normal clutch?

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
it is very possible..
plus what clutch are you using?
normal clutch?
im using exedy normal clutch loh.. the mech says dont drive aggresively woh, if wanna drive aggresive, make sure i release the clutch, if not will burn woh.. he also mention that locking to 2wd will cause clutch slip (if using normal one de)...
i dun understand ler..

badturz

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
i am not sure. what i experienced before is i use stock clutch cover and change exedy clutch round 1. then it slip within 5 months. then now i am using trinity 1 set with the cover and clutch. use for 6 months edi. no slip and problem so far. but the clutch is damn hard! haha
shifting gear is much better than previously.

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
i am not sure. what i experienced before is i use stock clutch cover and change exedy clutch round 1. then it slip within 5 months. then now i am using trinity 1 set with the cover and clutch. use for 6 months edi. no slip and problem so far. but the clutch is damn hard! haha
shifting gear is much better than previously.
stock cover + exedy semi racing clutch?
hmmm.. hard clutch... will suffer in kl ler..
wat to do huh... can rojak trinity with stock cover mah?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, new member here, as a rookie to modification world, wanna ask is that any way to upgrade your car performance without turbo or supercharger modifications?
(cuz the maintaince and cost too much lol)
Besides, one of my friend recommd me to change the 1.8 throttle body, but there are others of my friend say it is not worth, any idea?
Last but not least, my car is 1st generation vios 06 year model (ncp42)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience