4g92 stock to Genting

keithmin

Known Member
Apr 3, 2007
this engine is in my Satria, and i feel it gives me enuf power once i step the paddle for me to climb hills with better FC (of course cant compare with turbo charged cars) better than other cars like all stock Myvi, Savvy, Kancil, Kelisa, Atos, Kenari, Saga, or some auto cars, i've changed my air filter to a bullet type n my piping, 4-2-1 ...

now i wanna know what else can i upgrade so it can give me stronger power to climb hills, other than turbo because i really wanna save fuel as i go there around 3 - 4 times there a week just to send things n come back down...it takes 2x as much fuel for me to go up n when i come down i just have to step the brakes...

i've tried once when i was just a teenager tat time, 18+ years, i didnt know the word "dangerous", i managed to reach at the top of Genting after the toll in 25 minutes, with the Proton car which i think its a dangerous car to drive at that speed...so what are the upgrade options that i can make but of course its ratio to FC is reasonable?

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
this engine is in my Satria, and i feel it gives me enuf power once i step the paddle for me to climb hills with better FC (of course cant compare with turbo charged cars) better than other cars like all stock Myvi, Savvy, Kancil, Kelisa, Atos, Kenari, Saga, or some auto cars, i've changed my air filter to a bullet type n my piping, 4-2-1 ...

now i wanna know what else can i upgrade so it can give me stronger power to climb hills, other than turbo because i really wanna save fuel as i go there around 3 - 4 times there a week just to send things n come back down...it takes 2x as much fuel for me to go up n when i come down i just have to step the brakes...

i've tried once when i was just a teenager tat time, 18+ years, i didnt know the word "dangerous", i managed to reach at the top of Genting after the toll in 25 minutes, with the Proton car which i think its a dangerous car to drive at that speed...so what are the upgrade options that i can make but of course its ratio to FC is reasonable?
Get a lighten crank pulley, lighten your flywheel...port and polish your head...Other than that i cant think of anything else that can save your FC besides your right foot,all other mods will have its pro's and cons..Maybe you wanna consider mixing and matching some of your parts with 4g93 .

Young and Dangerous? before you consider doing that again please go upgrade your brakes and suspension before you endanger other ppl's lives.

No point having a fast car that cant stop.

Last edited:

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
still using original plug cable? if not change to good 1 and good spark plug...

if your car is manual, make sure your clutch set is still ok and can provide u a good engine grip until to the top without losing your engine power to the lost of it grip that can cost you more FC. But for me, most of the car will have this problem also(fc will rise when u climb genting)...
But, most important is that u know your car horsepower band range, make use of your HP to pull your car up the hill ( if to low RPM, engine lost power, u need more fuel to get back to its power, if to high rpm your engine will suck as much fuel with out any gain in HP)

as ad eg said, for down hill for sure u need good brake system, use more engine brake with lower gear when down hill....

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
4g92 need to take 25mins to reach genting??...
i don't think in 4g92p la sifoo sky..he did mentioned he think proton car not safe at such speed..

keith, why not hybrid with 4g92 mivec head? head only last time i heard cost rm1800..maybe need to change the ecu as well if not how the valve will open..
if not, try use 4g93p soch cam..people says the duration or degree a bit different, giving more power..how much is true i don't know..but hi-cam confirm give u more power..
apart from lightening everything, you can oso try install 9inch flywheel from 6a11..your standard is 8.5 if not mistaken because i use 4g1x..testimonials from people using v6 is positive..most say pick up better..the effect is same like 4g1x using 1.6 supertouring flywheel..

keithmin

Known Member
Apr 3, 2007
Get a lighten crank pulley, lighten your flywheel...port and polish your head...Other than that i cant think of anything else that can save your FC besides your right foot,all other mods will have its pro's and cons..Maybe you wanna consider mixing and matching some of your parts with 4g93 .

Young and Dangerous? before you consider doing that again please go upgrade your brakes and suspension before you endanger other ppl's lives.

No point having a fast car that cant stop.
yes ur right...kancil can be fast too, but cant stop in time...lighten my ride ? i feel its too light now :( sumtimes i feel its gonna lose control when i step sumore in a corner
still using original plug cable? if not change to good 1 and good spark plug...

if your car is manual, make sure your clutch set is still ok and can provide u a good engine grip until to the top without losing your engine power to the lost of it grip that can cost you more FC. But for me, most of the car will have this problem also(fc will rise when u climb genting)...
But, most important is that u know your car horsepower band range, make use of your HP to pull your car up the hill ( if to low RPM, engine lost power, u need more fuel to get back to its power, if to high rpm your engine will suck as much fuel with out any gain in HP)

as ad eg said, for down hill for sure u need good brake system, use more engine brake with lower gear when down hill....
spark plug effects a lot ? i've only heard my fren changes to a platinum spark plug in his kenari...didnt ask him whats the outcome though...yeah, its a manual, normally i only use 2nd gear, without air cond...n i think its OK at the moment...for downhills i only use the 3rd gear to control the max speed...
i don't think in 4g92p la sifoo sky..he did mentioned he think proton car not safe at such speed..

keith, why not hybrid with 4g92 mivec head? head only last time i heard cost rm1800..maybe need to change the ecu as well if not how the valve will open..
if not, try use 4g93p soch cam..people says the duration or degree a bit different, giving more power..how much is true i don't know..but hi-cam confirm give u more power..
apart from lightening everything, you can oso try install 9inch flywheel from 6a11..your standard is 8.5 if not mistaken because i use 4g1x..testimonials from people using v6 is positive..most say pick up better..the effect is same like 4g1x using 1.6 supertouring flywheel..
huh ? change only the cam ? until now i dun understand whats the use of cams...hehe, i only know twin cam = fuel efficient, but 4g92 n 4g93 cams r different ?
more direct way of upgrading 4g92p engine...

- 4g93 block
- 4g93 twincam head
i've seen many 1.8dohc engines but not 1.6 dohc...big difference ka ?

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
yes ur right...kancil can be fast too, but cant stop in time...lighten my ride ? i feel its too light now :( sumtimes i feel its gonna lose control when i step sumore in a corner

spark plug effects a lot ? i've only heard my fren changes to a platinum spark plug in his kenari...didnt ask him whats the outcome though...yeah, its a manual, normally i only use 2nd gear, without air cond...n i think its OK at the moment...for downhills i only use the 3rd gear to control the max speed...

huh ? change only the cam ? until now i dun understand whats the use of cams...hehe, i only know twin cam = fuel efficient, but 4g92 n 4g93 cams r different ?

i've seen many 1.8dohc engines but not 1.6 dohc...big difference ka ?
the cams control your valve opening..different degree makes the valve open at different after/before top dead center (point when piston move fully up) different duration makes the valve open for longer time..different between 4g92p/4g93p cams until now still a mystery..if wanna change cam just opt for hi-cam..

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Bro,

i didnt ask to lighten your car :biggrin:

ask you to get lighten engine parts which will improve car performance.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just wanna know if anyone had done it on Proton, be it 1.3/1.5/1.6/1.8. Kindly share ur experiences in terms of :

1. What components u used
2. Installation experience
3. Tuning, do u use stock ECU or piggyback or programmable ECU
4. How the car behaves? eg Bad idle? High fuel consumption? No pickup? etc etc

Just asking coz I'm looking onto doing it on my 4G1x engine in future. Thanx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience