4G91 Gang..

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Friend just did his a few months ago,..halfcut 5.5K..manual..
Did not ask about installation and all.. But im from Sarawak..Not sure the price difference between WM and here...
Lebron, to play with those City and Vios, i think our 91 can give them a run for their money..As mine can keep up with some 1.6cc cars...Mildly modded 91..nothing major though..

mutanX

Known Member
May 4, 2005
Sunway
hey Joe, hows the up grade of your skunk intake?
mutan, what pump did you change? Higher capacity or the the same...Wonder if there will be any different if the pump is upgraded..Stock internals...
replace 1-1..nothing change..huhu
money not many...isk

LeBronJames

Nov 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Friend just did his a few months ago,..halfcut 5.5K..manual..
Did not ask about installation and all.. But im from Sarawak..Not sure the price difference between WM and here...
Lebron, to play with those City and Vios, i think our 91 can give them a run for their money..As mine can keep up with some 1.6cc cars...Mildly modded 91..nothing major though..
Maybe, maybe... I have not tested the real race, however I have test driven 3 cars. some how I feel that Vios is not as powerful as what my friend claim compare to City, not to forget City is only SOHC (i-Vtec). 4G91 really need to go for high rev. Still feel is interesting, wonder who stands a better advantage?

By the way, just for sharing what's your FC like? Mine is RM80 = 510km +- (highway 60% + town 40%) On and off did rev to 6.5k rpm 25% of the full tank i guess. Yes Manual transmission with no major mod.

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Last edited:

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Wow,that's a big difference since i had mine installed way back in 2005.. But i guess as times goes by, prices will increase. I wud say it is reasonable since it is including installation and all. What about timing belts, engine / GB oil..Endorsement?
Reliable little engine.. Never failed me since 2005, just gotta know how to maintain it..A few minor upgrades, can also play with those normal 1.6..hehe

LeBronJames

Nov 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
waahh..can't wait to join this gang..i got quote for RM7.5k included installation,is it worth it?..its manual gearbox..
Hi,

7.5k with installation (i assume with JPJ check too). To me the price is at a higher side. If without body kit consider very expensive (what to do, market price). By the way, Since the price is so high now, why not u consider to purchase a local 1.6 4G92 SOHC and mod abit. I can assure you that it is as good for city driving and high way also not bad. Please don't be confuse DOHC is not always better then SOHC. It really depends on what you really want. I have a friend with 4G93 SOHC medium mod "win" a 4G93 DOHC heavy mod. Really depends on your mechanic skills also + luck.

Unless your intention is to drop in a 4G91 then slowly mod to the max. Share your thoughts maybe we can help.

ejump

Jun 1, 2006
Kay eLL
www.amotorsport.blogspot.com
waahh..can't wait to join this gang..i got quote for RM7.5k included installation,is it worth it?..its manual gearbox..
wahhh RM7.5k??? How much only for the Engine?? the price include with endorsement charge or not?
i know different area different price.. but me fren just install only cost him around 6.5k all complete with endorsement. he buy the engine complete halfcut around 5k only..

mutanX

Known Member
May 4, 2005
Sunway
Hi,

7.5k with installation (i assume with JPJ check too). To me the price is at a higher side. If without body kit consider very expensive (what to do, market price). By the way, Since the price is so high now, why not u consider to purchase a local 1.6 4G92 SOHC and mod abit. I can assure you that it is as good for city driving and high way also not bad. Please don't be confuse DOHC is not always better then SOHC. It really depends on what you really want. I have a friend with 4G93 SOHC medium mod "win" a 4G93 DOHC heavy mod. Really depends on your mechanic skills also + luck.

Unless your intention is to drop in a 4G91 then slowly mod to the max. Share your thoughts maybe we can help.
yup...7.5k is on the high side..

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
Wow,that's a big difference since i had mine installed way back in 2005.. But i guess as times goes by, prices will increase. I wud say it is reasonable since it is including installation and all. What about timing belts, engine / GB oil..Endorsement?
Reliable little engine.. Never failed me since 2005, just gotta know how to maintain it..A few minor upgrades, can also play with those normal 1.6..hehe
Hi,

wahhh RM7.5k??? How much only for the Engine?? the price include with endorsement charge or not?
i know different area different price.. but me fren just install only cost him around 6.5k all complete with endorsement. he buy the engine complete halfcut around 5k only..
yup,that is high price..i plan wanna change so long time already but the price keep increasing..
i have 1.3vdo under my hood,just good for town driving when alone,if with load..no power at all..

Mr James,where can i get those single 93 or Dohc 93NA?..just saw ads RM12K for gsr,wonder how much for 93 na(RM6K--RMxk-RM12K)..:hmmmm:
..I prefer that 91 coz no need to do PG10 for JPJ inspection(1.3-->1.8)..and cheap..
can mod step by step follow my budget and yeah 7.5k i think without bodykit and endorsement but i dun really need it coz i'm on asti right now..

Mr ejump,the price for engine+GB only is RM6k..i dun ask futher coz i need to increase my budget again..what to do,car too old..tight budget..only can do one thing at one time..:smokin:

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
If you want power and all, i think it would be better going for a bigger cc engine.. Will cost a lot to mod this 91 for performance.. A 1.8 block would be a good starting point.. But if it is fuel consumption and stuff, i would say it is good. Roadtax is cheap.. DOHC always look nicer then a SOHC IMO..hehehe... Fills up the engine bay...

LeBronJames

Nov 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yup,that is high price..i plan wanna change so long time already but the price keep increasing..
i have 1.3vdo under my hood,just good for town driving when alone,if with load..no power at all..

Mr James,where can i get those single 93 or Dohc 93NA?..just saw ads RM12K for gsr,wonder how much for 93 na(RM6K--RMxk-RM12K)..:hmmmm:
..I prefer that 91 coz no need to do PG10 for JPJ inspection(1.3-->1.8)..and cheap..
can mod step by step follow my budget and yeah 7.5k i think without bodykit and endorsement but i dun really need it coz i'm on asti right now..

Mr ejump,the price for engine+GB only is RM6k..i dun ask futher coz i need to increase my budget again..what to do,car too old..tight budget..only can do one thing at one time..:smokin:
Hi Angry Snail,
An honest advice, I would suggest you to go for 4G92P (SOHC) Manual. After that do a top overhaul if needed only. Then fit in a 1.8 cluth and change 1.8" exhaust. JPJ also easier to approve compare to 1.8 conversion. Road tax is only RM90 for 1.6. Total will not cost more then 7.5k (if you minus top overhaul price should be +- 5k only). Your pick up will be better then 4G91 Original. Trust me if you used to drive 1.3 4G13P and you upgrade to 4G92 SOHC, i confirm you will feel hell of a difference!!! If no difference means your mechanic skill got issue. hehehe... Take things at a time.

Ah yes... you think 7.5 for 4G91 full stop? that is an estimate price only. some times very hard to say, you may need to change clutch plate etc, some things is not included. Later may cost upto 9k easily, better be prepare.

mutanX

Known Member
May 4, 2005
Sunway
Hi Angry Snail,
An honest advice, I would suggest you to go for 4G92P (SOHC) Manual. After that do a top overhaul if needed only. Then fit in a 1.8 cluth and change 1.8" exhaust. JPJ also easier to approve compare to 1.8 conversion. Road tax is only RM90 for 1.6. Total will not cost more then 7.5k (if you minus top overhaul price should be +- 5k only). Your pick up will be better then 4G91 Original. Trust me if you used to drive 1.3 4G13P and you upgrade to 4G92 SOHC, i confirm you will feel hell of a difference!!! If no difference means your mechanic skill got issue. hehehe... Take things at a time.

Ah yes... you think 7.5 for 4G91 full stop? that is an estimate price only. some times very hard to say, you may need to change clutch plate etc, some things is not included. Later may cost upto 9k easily, better be prepare.
yup..another good idea to change to 4g92p sohc..
but 7.5k for manual 4g91 is high..huhuh

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
Hi Angry Snail,

Yup bro,i aware that matter..that is why i ask from all experience driver here for opinion..91 now not cheap already..not like last time 3-4k just for engine..where can find 92p?..not much ads about that engine also,maybe they not advertise it due to low demand?..:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

yup..another good idea to change to 4g92p sohc..
but 7.5k for manual 4g91 is high..huhuh
7.5k is high..agreed..now think for other cheap solution and more performance gain..:burnout: