4G91 Gang..

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
azago, ram,
I think first thing's first... take your car to a mechanic and get it checked for all it's issues. You guys facing more than 1 issue at the same time, and also the description is too general for us to give u an answer as to exactly what is wrong... because there are just too many things that can cause the said symptoms.

As for what is considered 'good oil'? I think is subjective to personal choice. Some oils (for unexplained reasons) may work for us and might not work for you. But I think one of the general ones that work for most 4G9x users is Castrol Magnatec. But you'll need to be careful where you get it from, because there are fake castrol magnatec out there in the market.

I used to use HKS semi synthetic oils and it works great for me. Before that I also tried Endless and Magnatec before as well, and they were also good. But with HKS semi synthetic my engine seems to feel lighter and more responsive... that's why I stuck to it.

You're going to want to avoid Shell oils though. I tried it once, straight away all the tappet noise came up on my 4G91 (which previously was not there). I got the engine oil changed to Magnatec less than a month later along with a can of additive that's supposedly to help flush the engine (Forgot what brand, was recommended to me by a friend a very very long time ago and I only used it that one time before). It took me a 2nd oil change to get rid of the tappet sounds completely... the sounds were still there during cold start after the first Magnatec change.

Hope this helps. Again, for some unexplained reasons this doesn't work the same with everyone. So experiment and see what engine oils your engine is compatible with. =)

Happy modding =)

ACQ,
No idea man. If it was me I wouldn't have bought one that isn't purple... lulz. But on the other hand, this is half the price of the purple ones =p

Last edited:

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Yeap,..was skeptical also about the colour,..but since it is kinda cheap,..cant expect much.. too early to say anything about it though..but, first few hundred of km's,satisfied.. now,time will tell if it is reliable, last long...
RAm n Azago,..happy modding as well... let us know of the outcome...

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Ahh,common problem on our engines. Im not really sure how it works and stuff, but hope others here will explain again..hehe..
Anyway, using M7 10w-40 It ROCKS!!!! :P

skylee834

Known Member
Feb 8, 2008
i using BHP 10-40,really good for the tappet sound...less noisy,only a few second when start engine in morning...wish to try Mobil 1 0-40w,is it ok for our engine??

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

who get any idea how and the right way to adjust the level of the clutch pedal???
Due last time my pomen adjust it for me to gain more grip,but he close shop and i unable to adjust it after i change clutch plate at other place..

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
i dun think they dunno.... they just tell u dunno coz they too lazy to do ur business....
also its a very easy thing.... mayb they dunno how much to charge u after helping u to adjust....

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Usually it is done FOC..But if you wana try DIY,it is easy. But needs a lot of lying down,and bending..hehehe..Lie where the pedals(clutch) are,and you'll see a shaft going out thru the firewall..2 bolts will be locking that shaft.Unscrew both and then you can play with the shaft,..ermm,i cant remember clockwise to make the pedal feel higher or lower,.did mine a long time ago..Can be tedious though.

kelvin1980

Feb 18, 2008
i see this thread has been left for awhile...wish to ask all 4g91ers sifus around...i was wondering if i can change my proton saga 2004 model 1.3 lmst engine to 4g91 auto...puspakom and jpj got any problem?? can i use the dashboard?? will it fit?? anyone know the price of the half cut now?? and the labour cost and also the jpj runner fee?? pls advise me...tks!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wondering, a car that came stock standard inline 6 converted to a powerful inline 4 (lets say cefiro A31 convert RB20 to SR20), will the handling be significantly improved? i heard that some SuperGT cars does this.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience