4G91 Gang..

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
hi guys. its been ages since i last visited this thread. how r u guys? btw i just converted my cylinder head to mivec. i think i'm getting older. ahaha. no more play racing camshaft =p

btw, before i forget, just wanna wish all 91-gang here especially moslem selamat hari raya!

motorsport forever.

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
So the hydraulic lifter selling for around rm700 online..larger holes for lubes...meant 2 be use on 93 engines,but sud be ok using it right?? the funny thing is,the noise seems to appear then disappear after a few kilometers of driving, then appears again....for the first few 10-15mins... after that,ok... darnnn....change of oil did not seem to cure it,..abit only... or is using thin oil the culprit... using motul 6100 10w-40... frens 63 did have tat problem , but after servicing the head,seems to be better..
Fren got con once,..bought an EG,... but the seller nver inform him tat it was a cut car..kereta potong... rugi la him...
thinking of a project car for myself,but no budget yet...kancil turbo, or an EF civic..hehehehe...
Joe,,long time no see...still hav d mivec extractor ka?? saw ur add...hehehehe

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
I think the reason is your tappet lubang tersumbat adi... so oil flowing through not consistent... so that's why sometimes got sound sometimes no sound. The culprit is dirty engine oil... that's why 4G9x series MUST service ON TIME else confirm will kena. I service mine every 5000km last time. As a matter of fact i service it just before it reach 5000, and not a single km after. So mine quite tahan... earlier years i kena changed tappet once before... changed all 16, cost was about 80 bux each after including workmanship... u do the math =p So after that scared adi service always on time.

Wahlau... buy kereta potong wth... can see wan maaaaaaaaa... just jack up the car can see liau... that's why buy car must be extra careful. Nowadays change ownership must send in for JPJ inspection... die la ur friend can never sell his car lah like that, coz' can never pass JPJ inspection =p Unless super heavy under table money, and the new owner doesn't find out =p

Isn't it better you buy a myvi for everyday drive then project car ur current ride? LoL... I know I would rather do that lar =p

And yea... SELAMAT HARI RAYA TO ALL !

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
but the thing is,whenever i change my engine oil,it still comes out yellow,brown...even my frens who saw the oil were surprise that the oil is still 'clean'.. Saw an online seller selling those 93 tappets, die lo if buy whole 16 pieces..not yet including service charge..huhuhuhuh rm700 price quoted...haihh,tot wana get new good tyres for my ride next month.. now have to look after tyres to prolong the wear of the rubbers..hahahaha..
Yala,my fren,found out when he went to check at puspakom...had to bear the loss.. coz he got it,and found a buyer..then the buyer found out abt d 'potong', and was to not happy about the car..so,had to give back the money etc...manage to find a willing buyer,but at a very low low price..
That is what i wud like to hav,2 cars..1 everyday car..the other,to release stress..hehehe... maybe next year..

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Can be debris also ma... =p Not necessarily oil come out black colour only can be clogged =) Or the clogged issue could've happen since the service before it. It's usually gets clogged little by little (over several oil changes)... rather than all at one time. That's why after I changed to brand new set of tappets, I always service accurately on time.

Quite kesian also ur friend... but what to do, mistake from not checking earlier.

I would like to have one car for every day of the week... but the reality of it is, I can't afford it. Hahahaha

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
debris?? hrmm..maybe,but i realize it after a few 180kmph run...was doing close to 180kmph in gear 4...rpm,around 5500-6000rpm,thn i think i heard something like the valve sound,only for a second or so..release the throttle,and the sound disappeared. After that,morning start,back from work start up...major noise..now maybe wana try changing to some thicker oil...not using Semi syn...

hahahaa,same here.wana hav 2 cars,but also cant afford it yet.. :(

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
ACQ,
Well... that one I never experienced before, so I can't really advice. Maybe some other taiko can advice =) But I have always used semi-synthetic... from Magnatec, to Endless to HKS. Then stayed with HKS for damn long... but lately N1 stopped bringing in HKS semi synthetic, my last service was using Greddy Synthetic (which N1 now brings in).

Technically I was having 2 cars... one for everyday drive (Myvi) one to play (Satria)... but I sold my satria adi =p haha

aerrike,
Uhhh.... as far as I know, carb don't have rev cut... maybe something is choking the intake that's causing the revs not to go higher? I'm not sure... i'm not a carbie pro

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
thik wud go for the cheaper solution first. using a thicker grade oil,or maybe using mineral 10w -40 from motul also... if no improvement,then $$$ bye bye.. huhuhuhu.... been starting up the engine and leaving it idling till d noise disappears, even after 10minits, noise still there..only till i rev it up a little does the noise disappear... sucks when things like this happens..take good care of the car,just finish paying my car loan...just when i was thinking of a few upgrades,this happens..hahahahaha.. btw,alvin, what made u decide to sell of ur car?? since u had 2 cars already?? other commitment?? or other bigger car project??
aerrike, yeap,ike what alvin mention..i dont think carb engine hav rev cuts...did try whacking a iswara 4G13 b4,rev way beyond 8000rpm...hehehehehehe..but engine shakes lke mad ody la..hahahahaaha

aerrike

May 22, 2005
Malaysia KL/Sel
4G13 to 8k is normal for me, that why when go 4G91 cab can only go 6500 ~ 7000 rpm...everytime reach it will kick back or drop then go to 6700 will do again and agian....
My 4G91 cab got 1 ECU with 2 big socket (1 for cab / 1 for ing timing)

nothing block the carb....event the 2nd barrel working when pull press

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
my 91 can rev till 6500 only,after that,no use...no power after that...
ermmm,,where is ur 'ECU' located??

Sep 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi everyone....New user here...Just wanna ask you all guys how you all done your exhaust system..I found my car now super duper underpower,even though can't tapao a vios in pickup...I'm using 2" manifold and then straight to the back...why I totally can't feel the pickup n top speed......?

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
jihwey88,
What makes you think 4G91 can tapau Vios?

ACQ,
I've owned my Satria for 8 years adi lor... and in the past 2-3 years, my satria never even drove past 5000km. That's reason enough to sell it kua?
Coz' the car if just put around and don't drive... i realize slowly slowly got damn a lotta things to fix lor... first things that goes are all your rubber parts. Even my car battery I've changed 3 batteries in the past 3 years. =p

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
owhhh,like that..no wonder la wana sale..seldom use,yeah,..wil hav problems if left doing nuthin.. 3 batteries in 3 years??? thats alot of batteries... even tyres left flat also will have effect..flat spot..

jihwey, what do u mean lose in pick up??? gear 1 only lose then 2-3-4 can tapau ody?? or lose all the way???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I don't know how to explain this but I feel that my 4 wheels like went in abit .. that makes my car look abit weird .. the other day I park my car at somewhere beside there is a Wira .. I check his wheels and mine his of course look better and fierce .. because his wheels fit perfectly .. why is this? Different absorbers & springs combination different result? I also saw some satrias same as mine. I never done before any screw setting becos my front don't come with the screw.

can...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience