4g67 turbo..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hehe thx bro yeah my evo 3 also now i scared until i used 1.8mm metal head gasket
so i think that will do well on the 4g67 as well with the evo head to lower compression as well
or maybe a 2mm metal head gasket just to be safe
yeah i really like the rods and crank but the pistons is the only thing im worried about
yeah for me ARP is a must for all turbo engine i learnt that the hard way when my stock headbolts stretched :banghead:
If the engine knocks severely? Non material will survive. Forged will melt too. I have a forged JE piston serving as ashtray at home. If knocks can be
Minimized, nothing will happen.

Check this out... Stock d16zc engine bot with arp studs.

evans tuning forums :: View topic - Epic Tuning Ef hatch, Bone Stock D16z6, 375whp/255tq, retune

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
If the engine knocks severely? Non material will survive. Forged will melt too. I have a forged JE piston serving as ashtray at home. If knocks can be
Minimized, nothing will happen.

Check this out... Stock d16zc engine bot with arp studs.

evans tuning forums :: View topic - Epic Tuning Ef hatch, Bone Stock D16z6, 375whp/255tq, retune
lol feel sad for that JE piston :biggrin:
i got an lt10s to control the knock but im more worried about the mechanical limit because i know the tuning can be almost perfect
so basically im just worried about the hardware itself
if retard ignition timing kau kau also then there will be power loss so there is a downside :banghead:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
lol feel sad for that JE piston :biggrin:
i got an lt10s to control the knock but im more worried about the mechanical limit because i know the tuning can be almost perfect
so basically im just worried about the hardware itself
if retard ignition timing kau kau also then there will be power loss so there is a downside :banghead:
I wonder how can LT10s can control knocks... Lolx....

Anyway... Just my personal opinion... U worry too much about the hardware.... The hardware u should be worrying about is the bearing... Not the pistons.. The link i posted is all standard... ARP studs... Pistons standard... No knocking, no problem...

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
I wonder how can LT10s can control knocks... Lolx....

Anyway... Just my personal opinion... U worry too much about the hardware.... The hardware u should be worrying about is the bearing... Not the pistons.. The link i posted is all standard... ARP studs... Pistons standard... No knocking, no problem...
just reduce ignition timing lah :biggrin: that should help right
or you think the bearing is the weak link??i always thought bearing was just for high rev thats why i didnt consider upgrading bearings
care to enlighten me sifu :rolleyes:

BadBlakie9136

Jun 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
DONT go for evo 3,stick with 67 bottom end..then plug in all other evo3 items such as head,turbo,ecu + wiring + airflow + injector with gud tune the 16g should get u around 320HP.16g is capable for that figure dun worry.last time my 16g with 0.6 boost get me to 245HP on wheel dyno tune by joshua millenium.That was on low boost coz i just finish my engine fresh install in running in mode still.That was with mirage 61t ecu + 560 evo 6 injector.
bro..ur hp jz same like me..low boost 0.6 bar=245hp..1.4 bar..alredi gave me 320hp..im running on evo1 head, 67blok, other than that is vr4 rs..280BC cam with BC valve springs n BC titanium retainers..max boost can get 1.7bar..

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
guys i need help regarding the 4g67 turbo conversion
i have a question regarding the oil pump i need
i dont intend to use the 4g67 oil pump as i fear it wont be strong enough to support the oil pressure requirements of having a turbocharger and oil squirters as well
so i was told there is no way i can use back my current 4g63 evo oil pump
and i need a vr4 oil pump but as i was also informed i specifically need a vr4 rs oil pump so i can use an oil cooler as the vr4 200 and 220 oil pump dont have oil cooler
i would realy like some help on this matter from all the sifu sifu who have successfully have their 4g67 turbos engines boosting happily
also just to confirm from reading this whole thread the other things i would need is vr4 flywheel and some sort of oil adapter :confused:
could some one tell me what is the purpose of this oil adapter and where i can find it coz i have asked around and not many ppl know what this is
but the main question at hand for me is the oil pump because it is too important to even go marginally wrong on it

BadBlakie9136

Jun 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
man..this thread is rely good for newbie like me..b4 this i only know turbo, bov, wastegate, hp n etc..reading through out this thread..i came across many knowledge..that help me very much..currently im running on satria 1.3 body evo1 with 67block..all done by previous owner..vr4 rs bottom end,walbro,highcam,86mm piston bla bla bla..so i jz hv to manage it..can easily get 320hp if tune to 1.4bar..max can hit 1.7bar..all this with td05 turbo bt dunno 16g o 20g..but i jz boost 0.6 bar..around 245hp..but its rely enough for me..coz this is ma 1st turbo car..n i jz wanna to thank u all sifu..hope can meet u all..

wilson1979

Apr 18, 2005
kl
Visit site
We done many 67 turbo.oil squitter can do.send to machine shop.block is same with 63 turbo.At brisbane we finish 2.4L stroker with GT40 and running methanol.890whp from FWD dyno dynamic.Thanks to Race Enginering from Sydney build the strongers Rod and Crank.The engine boost around 40psi.we can boost to 50psi...why?coz we have the O ring at the block.Never leakkkkk.
O-ring picture pls!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As d subject says I'm planning (stil thinking actually) to DIY plasti dip my car..few things to consider b4 I embark on this journey like color choice n cost mainly...as far as I know (I may b wrong) d dip only comes in spray can form (s sold in mudah etc) n assuming it costs about 70 a can then roughly I wld need about 10-15 cans maybe??or if anyone knows where I might b able to get ones that comes in liter/gallon n how much it costs wld b gr8...

Any form of advice n opinions highly...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience