4G13 feels heavy when aircond switched on

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, u said when compressor kicks in, rpm will drop. How come my rpm goes up when i turn on the aircond in N? And feel only slight power loss when on D (too little to notice). What does that means? I dun like the idea of higher rpm when using the aircond coz it gave me the feeling i am burning more fuel which is why i only use the aircond sparingly. Can i adjust the carb so that the rpm wont raise or drop when the aircond kicks in? My car is a 1991 Saga Aeroback 1.5 Automatic 12V Carb. I would like to install an LED, so that when the compressor kicks in, i will know it (do u know which point best to tap in?). It is useful coz i got cold blood and cant tahan cold, so i only set the temperature to minimum (turning type) but if turn too little, sometimes the thermostat will get pening, so it automatically turn on and off the compressor in short durations as this may spoilt the compressor, so if i got an LED indicator, i will increase the temperature more a bit to stop this but not too much as i will get cold to death. While i cant turn off the compressor entirely as the fan will give off mushy smell and will fog my screen.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Bro, u said when compressor kicks in, rpm will drop. How come my rpm goes up when i turn on the aircond in N? And feel only slight power loss when on D (too little to notice). What does that means? I dun like the idea of higher rpm when using the aircond coz it gave me the feeling i am burning more fuel which is why i only use the aircond sparingly. Can i adjust the carb so that the rpm wont raise or drop when the aircond kicks in? My car is a 1991 Saga Aeroback 1.5 Automatic 12V Carb.

I would like to install an LED, so that when the compressor kicks in, i will know it (do u know which point best to tap in?). It is useful coz i got cold blood and cant tahan cold, so i only set the temperature to minimum (turning type) but if turn too little, sometimes the thermostat will get pening, so it automatically turn on and off the compressor in short durations as this may spoilt the compressor, so if i got an LED indicator, i will increase the temperature more a bit to stop this but not too much as i will get cold to death. While i cant turn off the compressor entirely as the fan will give off mushy smell and will fog my screen.
yes u can retune ur idle rpm when aircond kicks in... there is a UFO lookalike actuator facing upwards on the right side of ur carburetor below the airbox... use a short screwdriver to tune it... turn anticlockwise to reduce the rpm... if u not sure of which one, ask ur mechanic/friend to do it...

check ur aircond thermostat... possibly the thermostat or the switch is damaged... causing the aircond to kick in and out even though it has not reached the preset temperature...
changing the thermostat requires removing the cooling coil....

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If i retune the idle speed when the compressor kicks in, will that affect the normal idle speed? I mean the idle rpm when start the car in the morning and let it idle to warm it up, that idle speed.

What i want is, when i push the aircond button, i want the rpm to stay the same.

If i am able to tune till there is no effect when the compressor kicks in or out, can i say i am using free aircond? I dun mine if the cooling performance drop.

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
My car is a 1991 Saga Aeroback 1.5 Auto 12V Carb, does anyone know what
aircond gas it should be using? Is it true R-12 is cooler than R-134?

Last week i went aircond shop coz i see bubble on the tiny window, usually if
bubbling meaning not enuff gas. The guy let the old gas escape and replace
with R-134. Now what if the old gas is R-12, does using R-134 not requiring
any upgrade kit or replacing parts? And also the oil, should i flush and replace
with a R-134 compatible oil?

Jo Maximus

From Facebook
Mar 29, 2011
www.facebook.com
i'm using iswara sedan 1.5 manual.... when i on the aircond,car gets heavier...
is there any solution or something i can do?
mybe suggestion parts and prices....
plus the air isn't cold enough when driving in the afternoon or evening...

pm me best solution friends... pls..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi i am facing a problem....how do u connect a 18 AWG wire to the battery.......do like just lilit over the terminal or pateri it to a metal loop so that it can fit in the screw....?????thanks.......
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience