4AGE 20v BT semput and died

KeMa

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Selangor
www.ithink2invest.com
Last Saturday(10 Jan 2015) i change the ECU. Since than i have not face any engine jerking anymore. The timing were also very stable. I thought my rainy days are over than suddenly while i was driving for work this morning the car suddenly stall...It could not start! i try many times. Oh My God...i am just right in the middle of the traffic jam..during rush hour.. This is so sucks!

What i did was...quickly open the ECU, and reconnect back the pin..then the car could start as if nothing happen..stable timing no jerking. So drive to the side of the road and again engine could not start.

So this is the ECU. is a 2nd hand ECU...warranty for 1 week. And when i disconnect the pin, i find the ECU kinda hot. Is it a harness problem that causes the ECU to shot

I am pretty sure is the ECU problem. what would guys think?

Attachments

Last edited:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Code 14 - "No IGF signal"
mean either the Igniter faulty or the ECU faulty
For your situation, pretty sure its the ECU. If not, you will duplicate the same problem when plug in your old ECU.

KeMa

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Selangor
www.ithink2invest.com
Ok..i have change the ECU...so now the engine running ok. Only thing there seems to be like pinking/knocking sound now. I have adjust the timing at the distributor but still no different

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Forumers,

Where can i find in malaysia the following waxes
Collinite 476S
FK 1000p

thanking you in advance for your cooperation
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience