2016 Proton Perdana out now - National flagship sedan evolved

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I have even checked for the price of Accord in USA. The Accord selling at USA is around 22k-24k USD. 24k USD is RM98k here and that one is the 2.4 litre variant...
Seems like malaysia folks always get to own the low-spec version, with higher price tag of the car. Compared to what is offered between US and Malaysia. oh, well.....:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

One thing that caught my attention in US spec is, their base offering is a 6 speed MT for the K24 Accord. Sounds like a car that you can have some fun with. Sad that MT is going to extinction here even in entry level models like Jazz, City, Mazda 2...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
If tax imported cars to be high price they can keep proton prices high loh......:banghead:
"Fortunately" this situation has kept Proton alive (on life support) for a few decades.
Now, Proton on a big loan samor.......i sometimes wonder whether the biz failure due to karma.....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
"Fortunately" this situation has kept Proton alive (on life support) for a few decades.
Now, Proton on a big loan samor.......i sometimes wonder whether the biz failure due to karma.....
At first got support mah! I also have a wira for the missus but after the rust and window issues rather take other make.....:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
At first got support mah! I also have a wira for the missus but after the rust and window issues rather take other make.....:smokin:
During the 80s and early 90s, there isn't so much negativity on Proton unlike today. Those days, majority of my family members bought Proton Saga as their own car. Even when I look back of some old photos taken by my family around that time, the streets are basically filled with Saga. So much of support back then. But today, we tend to see foreign cars being equally as much or even more than Proton cars on the road.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
During the 80s and early 90s, there isn't so much negativity on Proton unlike today. Those days, majority of my family members bought Proton Saga as their own car. Even when I look back of some old photos taken by my family around that time, the streets are basically filled with Saga. So much of support back then. But today, we tend to see foreign cars being equally as much or even more than Proton cars on the road.
80's they were the cheapest, mine were 90's, first batch wira in 93 if not mistaken, but I bought second hand from mechanic's brother. 4 years old so thought no roof rust issue but after a few years still rust. Saga have doors, bonnet and boot rust issues, wira are roof rust and power window which is common....:banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
80's they were the cheapest, mine were 90's, first batch wira in 93 if not mistaken, but I bought second hand from mechanic's brother. 4 years old so thought no roof rust issue but after a few years still rust. Saga have doors, bonnet and boot rust issues, wira are roof rust and power window which is common....:banghead:
Mine after 10 years plus started to have roof, bonnet, boot and door rust. I'm not sure how to solve the rust problem. Some say it is due to the adhesive/glue that caused the rust.

Power window only the front passenger side got problem but already fixed it. The rest still fine.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
My Saga had repeated (twice) problem of the foot pedals coming out from the hinges. It was caused by the thin metal bracket used. My colleague (she) had the same problem too. The failure was not becoz I stomped the pedal like Hulk.

Power windows were the standard problem, unsolved till the day I sold off the car.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Mine after 10 years plus started to have roof, bonnet, boot and door rust. I'm not sure how to solve the rust problem. Some say it is due to the adhesive/glue that caused the rust.

Power window only the front passenger side got problem but already fixed it. The rest still fine.
Rust is like cancer, need to cut away, if not no cure......lol

Mine was 1.5M, power window replace twice, even rear manual wind window replace once.....:banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Rust is like cancer, need to cut away, if not no cure......lol

Mine was 1.5M, power window replace twice, even rear manual wind window replace once.....:banghead:
Any specific measures to prevent rust bubbles from coming out again?

Your Wira power window seems quite bad. You wind them down very often?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Any specific measures to prevent rust bubbles from coming out again?

Your Wira power window seems quite bad. You wind them down very often?
Mine was sent for complete grinding to bare metal, paint with anti rust, change the gum/glue, repainted and lasted 6 to 8 months only, so no help.

Nope, seldom use the window some more. My VR already 25 years, power windows still running fine....:driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The rust-bubble prone problem partly due to the gum, and partly due to the low sheet metal quality. I remember my mech told me from his experience welding and knocking accident Wira body.

There might be some truth when ppl call Proton cars as milo tin....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The rust-bubble prone problem partly due to the gum, and partly due to the low sheet metal quality. I remember my mech told me from his experience welding and knocking accident Wira body.

There might be some truth when ppl call Proton cars as milo tin....
Okay, better back to topic. Just hope all these have been improved upon in this new Perdana....:driver: