2016 Proton Perdana out now - National flagship sedan evolved

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Last time, many Proton inspira owners convert to Mitsu Lancer look....
Let see if any geniuses would convert this Perdana back to Honda.....hehehhhe...
Nah. I'd be more impressed with geniuses converting their Hondas to Perdanas. :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
This car is overpriced. I admit that I have not seen the real thing or tested it, but at first glance I wont be so interested into it already because of the price. They should try to make the 2.0L variant lesser that 100k to sell. Perhaps 105k range is still ok, and 2.4L variant around 120k. Then those who likes big cars but got no money and want to act like they have money will consider this car.

Perhaps when P1 plonk in their new 2.0L T engine then its a diff story. Two things will happen. People buy because it is Turbo, and they don't buy because it is fresh from the lab.
No use with the new engine, because the car overall is lacking. Keyless start, remote start, 6 air bags... the whole package isn't there. Civic is so well spec, even versus entry level BMW and Mercedes.

I mean, if you wanna bang a chick for 45 minutes, sure, all you need is a big rack (or ass if you're that sorta guy). So maybe that 2.0L T engine would get you excited for a while.

But if you wanna spend so much money, and commit a few years to one girl, she better have the whole package, not just a pair of jugs to look at. Cause after a while, you want more than just the jugs, I mean, engine. You want creature comfort, you want convenience, you want the bloody cake and to eat it as well.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Inspira quite close to Lancer and easier to convert....:driver:
That was why I taunting some individual to do it........Mana-mana tau, with Malaysia Boleh spirit......This proton can look like Honda.....

I read it somewhere last time that a real Mitsu Evo was converted to Proton Wira.....Just to poke fun or something....

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
That was why I taunting some individual to do it........Mana-mana tau, with Malaysia Boleh spirit......This proton can look like Honda.....

I read it somewhere last time that a real Mitsu Evo was converted to Proton Wira.....Just to poke fun or something....
a dude even tried to turn his evo into a waja.... looked terrible!

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Proton should just focus on re-badging.
1)FD2R
2)CR-Z
3)Swift

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Time will tell.......hhahahhahahahha:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Actually, whilst I don't care the new Perdana is just a rebadged older model Accord, I do care that it's priced high and is in the bracket where there's just too many better alternatives.

If they sold this car cheaper, perhaps sub 100k, I think they'd do well. And probably get a helluva lot less flak.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually, whilst I don't care the new Perdana is just a rebadged older model Accord, I do care that it's priced high and is in the bracket where there's just too many better alternatives.

If they sold this car cheaper, perhaps sub 100k, I think they'd do well. And probably get a helluva lot less flak.
But all the while, G have jack other brands prices up so they can maintain high price too.....:banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kudos to the owner though if he really did this just to spike the wajalution people!
Now I am wondering is this the real CT9A Evo VII or it is just a Lancer Cedia... But judging from the rims and intercooler, it does look like a real Evo.

You're right. The old Perdana is around sub 100k as well. At that time, there is less competitors in the market unlike today.

I have even checked for the price of Accord in USA. The Accord selling at USA is around 22k-24k USD. 24k USD is RM98k here and that one is the 2.4 litre variant...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I have even checked for the price of Accord in USA. The Accord selling at USA is around 22k-24k USD. 24k USD is RM98k here and that one is the 2.4 litre variant...[/QUOTE]

Seems like malaysia folks always get to own the low-spec version, with higher price tag of the car. Compared to what is offered between US and Malaysia. oh, well.....:rolleyes:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys I just recently acquired the 97' Citroen ZX Volcane 2.0i (5 door, not the 16v model) from my dad as I gave him a more comfortable car for his age.

He has maintained the car to a certain extent (still runs on full synthetic without leaks and still able to reach 200km/h easily), however he has neglected the brakes/suspension/chasis part of the car, I also noticed he just drives over potholes, humps and bumps without care and I'm sure the arm/suspension is in poor shape.

Usually...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience