2016 Proton Perdana out now - National flagship sedan evolved

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Either way it's not a fair comparison.

Personally, even though I haven't seen the car in person - the interior looks cheapened by all the Proton changes. So Protons 'aspiration' now is to rebadge?

For that kinda price, I'd rather chip in for a Camry. Looks better and holds value better plus it's a Toyota so with some degree it's infallible.
Its fair comparison from a pricing standpoint, cause for the same money you can either get a fully packed Civic, 6 airbags and ECS.. or a tin kosong Accordana.

If they priced the full spec Accordana 2.4L at RM120k, then that's really something. Frankly I can't see why for a last gen obsolete car it still costs so much. RM20k~30k difference with current spec Honda? Not great value in my book.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yeah. If I had that kinda money I would definitely not be looking at this car considering the safety features and all that.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
well, hope that there will be someone whom will support them..
if not our money :willy::smokin:
for me as the same.. waiting for donation to buy it..hehe

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
actually i really like this perdana design.....got proper width X length X height proportion......

and can see its like a grown up proton saga....just i wish proton can use their latest direct injection turbo engine and proton own's chassis for their car model...

just dont rebadge anymore..sick of it...or if really want to play rebadge...stick rebadging car like perodua...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No volume cannot use own engine and design leh. Anyway, now go backward is because no more former PM say so....:driver:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
When the Inspira came out, the public reaction was the same as this. Yet, the Inspira still sold quite well relatively. I think Proton has done a good job redesigning the exterior. I've seen this car close up and I can confidently say it looks much better than the pictures. The reason for rebadge according to Proton is the expected sales volume does not justify the development costs of an entirely new car.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
actually i really like this perdana design.....got proper width X length X height proportion......
Thanks to Honda designers? lol.

When the Inspira came out, the public reaction was the same as this. Yet, the Inspira still sold quite well relatively. I think Proton has done a good job redesigning the exterior. I've seen this car close up and I can confidently say it looks much better than the pictures. The reason for rebadge according to Proton is the expected sales volume does not justify the development costs of an entirely new car.
Inspira was not a volume seller, hardly held a candle against competitors at the same price range (in terms of sales). The Inspira was really just rebadging, and the price made sense.

Frankly speaking I feel there's no need to redesign the Accord. Just rebadge it like government models and sell cheaper. Ala Perodua style.

I mean, you either make your own car, and do a great job out of it. Or just rebadge and profit. Now this car looks like a jackass, half baked, not up not down.

FWIW, fuck you if you say I am a Proton basher, there's an Inspira parked at my driveway. Best purchase ever.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yah agree, if got no market volume to develop own car then just do simple rebadging and sell at much cheaper price rather than such half baked job but then want to sell at rather high price. I'd rather buy that government version and can rebadge it back to Honda than buying this butt ugly crap. If still not competent at rebadging and still also cannot sell, then just close shop! Seriously I'd rather Proton close shop soon and open up the market a bit for real imported brands so the public can get their monies worth rather than keep protecting this failed project for decades.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
But the price of Inspira is almost RM30k to RM40k (for 1.8) lower than the Lancer. The targeted buyers for Inspira is also different than the Perdana. Perdana is targeted towards the upper middle class consumers while Inspira is more towards middle class or lower middle class consumers. A RM30k difference means a lot for that category of consumers.

The potential Perdana buyers are in a different category. They are probably senior or executive employees. For them, brand image matters more and they can probably afford to fork out a bit more on monthly installment or down payment to get an Accord.

But then, I am not saying this is a bad car, just that the pricing could be better. The refreshed design looks better to me (except for the rear bumper part) than the original 8th generation Accord.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
This car is overpriced. I admit that I have not seen the real thing or tested it, but at first glance I wont be so interested into it already because of the price. They should try to make the 2.0L variant lesser that 100k to sell. Perhaps 105k range is still ok, and 2.4L variant around 120k. Then those who likes big cars but got no money and want to act like they have money will consider this car.

Perhaps when P1 plonk in their new 2.0L T engine then its a diff story. Two things will happen. People buy because it is Turbo, and they don't buy because it is fresh from the lab.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Last time, many Proton inspira owners convert to Mitsu Lancer look....
Let see if any geniuses would convert this Perdana back to Honda.....hehehhhe...