2007 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Black Mamba

Nov 2, 2006
but the rain almost cancels out car manufacturer superioty ....nice to see the smaller teams up there as well....all things said n done....i think it was a really nice race.....

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
To be honest, i didn't think it was a good race. The rain, although must of the time can bring more fun to a race, this time it actually ruined the race. The first 14 laps was probably the most boring of all whereby the cars lined up behind the safety car. As the race proceeded, Hamilton showed the Mclaren's superiority in the rain by opening a pretty large gap and that was it. Ferrari showed a good comeback but was nowhere near Mclaren's pace in the rain, and almost snatching 2nd place from Renault. Great defending by Kovalainen. And then if you guys saw the last few corners whereby Massa and Kubica was dicing it out, that reminded me so much of the battle between Gilles Villeneuve and Rene Arnoux.

As for Alonso's retirement from the crash, i got to admit i was half relieved, though i'm a strong Mclaren fan. My preference to Hamilton now is probably due to the part he played in getting Mclaren stripped and fined. Now i hope he finishes behind Hamilton in the title race, but yet in front of Raikkonen. Rumours flying around that he might be considering Ferrari as his next destination. I'd say go to wherever he thinks he will have number 1 status. He should let his driving do the talking, not his fuckin mouth.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
FIA communication failure cause the Ferrari's drivers as they fail to inform Ferrari that they MUST use the Extreme Weather condition tyre instead of the intermediate tyre.

or FIA want Lewis to be the WC this year?

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I guess FIA just wants to even out Ferrari after they gave Mclaren a world record fine. Haha.

Seriously, Ferrari screwed up their races big time by apparently not receiving the instruction to use extreme wet tyres. They were the only one that received the email late. I think its not right to blame the FIA coz everyone else received it, except for Ferrari. So its just too bad.

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
they were that slow in receiving instructions?..
no wonder others can steal their data...

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
LOL

Karma's coming back to bite them in their arse. In my opinion, Ferrari deserved it after the FIA witch-hunt they pulled on McLaren.

It was a wild and dangerous race and a whole bunch of drivers complained afterwards that the race should have been cancelled.

The most unfortunate guy has to be Mark Webber. He was so pissed, he threw the steering wheel past the nose of his wrecked car. Just read about what he said about Vettel......LOL :-

Formula 1 : News WEBBER - F1-Live.com

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Mr Luca still insist Mclaren should be banned from the drivers title altogether. Somehow i feel Ferrari likes to win cheaply. They keep insisting something in Mclaren's car belong to Ferrari and that they've gotten performance gain out of it.

Ferrari should just concentrate on next year's challenge instead of whining and harping over the spygate scandal.

Rumours flying around that Todt and Luca's relationship is pretty strained.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
you won't like it if somebody steal ur data and use it for thier advantage. Imagine someone steal ur project and submit it as his own, won't u be happy about it? :)

I'm a Mclaren supporter. :)

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
By the way, the FIA did not nail McLaren just because Couglan was in possession of Ferrari info. They nailed McLaren because their drivers were discussing technical info of the red cars. Such things are very much part of the F1 landscape since the competition started. It's nothing unique. People talk about other people's cars all the time. Some paper pushing f**k at the FIA wanted to appear to be politically correct.

If Ferrari have an axe to grind, it is not as though Maranello never engaged in info-gathering themselves. Back in the 70s, Harvey Postlewaite (Ferrari technical director) engineered a break-in into a competitor's garage to measure the cars.

So Ferrari and Luca Montezemolo can get off their moral high-horse.

As far as I am concerned, it's the pot calling the kettle 'black'.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
a race is a race. race teams would do anything to get the upper hand in order to win.

whoever in Ferari situations would have done same.

Ferrari was prevented from winning when FIA introduced different method of qualifying, one set of tyres per race and such. all that was done to prevent Ferrari from winning. Ferrari's win of the contructor and driver's title from year 2000 to 2004 is due to their perfect strategy all time.

FIA is totally corrupted.

anyway, Hamilton will surely be crowned the youngest F1 champion. and the best thing is the current holder happens to be Alonso pulak!

wakakaka... nice try Ferrari, at least they've done their best and gave the stiffest competitions. and they have beaten Renault after being non performing in year 05/06.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Looks like McLaren maybe shafted by the FIA yet again. They're investigating Hamilton's involvement in the Webber-Vettel collision. Says that Hammy maybe the one who caused it.

Hamilton maybe penalised 10 places for the upcoming GP or maybe get points deducted via time penalty or have his win in Japan stripped away. Bummer.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
If hamilton's point in Jp GP being stripped, this Chinese GP will more exicting as this will be 3 way battle of Hamilton, Alonso and Kimi. Maybe Massa will join in too. :)

But i doubt that will happen, as the Steward already closed the case once until some JP F1 fan upload the video to youTube that show clearly that Hamilton slow till the extent that it alomost stand still. So the FIA cannot say that will be no enough evidence but to proceed with the investigation.

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
lets just say FIA wants to keep the title fight open till Brazil...

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
F1.com says:

Hamilton under investigation over Japan driving

Formula One stewards in Shanghai are examining new evidence concerning Lewis Hamilton’s driving behind the safety car in last weekend’s rain-swept Japanese Grand Prix.

The McLaren star was leading the pack awaiting a restart when the two cars immediately behind him - Mark Webber’s Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel’s Toro Rosso - collided, putting both out of the race.

Webber and Vettel both hinted that erratic driving from Hamilton had played a role in their shunt. Video footage is understood to show the championship leader moving to the right of the track and slowing immediately prior to the accident, in which Vettel ran into the back of Webber's car.

"It definitely contributed to Sebastian hitting me up the back because he (Hamilton) wasn't doing what he was supposed to be doing (behind the safety car), clearly," Webber told Thursday’s FIA press conference in China.

Vettel was penalised for his part in the accident and is due to drop ten places on the grid for Sunday's Chinese Grand Prix. “As a human being you react to movement," he said on Thursday. "I saw Lewis move far to the right and thought he was coming to a stop... I obviously did not plan to ruin both of our races."

Prior to the incident, Hamilton had radioed his team to ask them to tell Red Bull to get Webber to drop back, as he felt the safety car was struggling to keep ahead of the pack in the difficult conditions.

“When we were behind the second safety car, I was constantly on the radio to my engineers to tell the Red Bull team to get Mark (Webber) to make a little more of a gap because I couldn’t go any faster because the pace car was in front of me, so I was trying to keep the distance with him and then I’d move over because I couldn’t see Mark and then he’d just appear alongside me, so he kept out-braking himself. I felt something was going to happen, and I guess my instincts told me right.”

Asked after the race about his apparently erratic driving behind the safety car, Hamilton said: “That wasn’t really the case - we just needed to keep the heat in the brakes. I was running quite a hard compound of brakes, so if I did light braking, I would have glazed the brakes. So I was making sure there was a little bit of a gap, maximising the gap that you’re allowed, and use it to my benefit. It was tough because Mark behind me was just too close, and all of a sudden he braked really hard.”

Stewards are expected to reconvene on Friday afternoon in Shanghai to reach a verdict on the matter.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The most number of callers about Tufoil come from Subang Jaya. They say traffic jams are very bad for engines!!

One user in a small town was worried that his engine may crack by virtue of the "great power gain" he experienced for the first time.

A Lotus Elise downed in 4 bottles of Tufoil at one of those Merdeka Day races. Too bad, the participant did not win cos' the radiator leaked midway.

J.W. Lessing in " Become a Successful Truck Operator " a Business Guide quoted the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience