185WHP:ONLY Honda Parts - Whats the winning formula?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Grex_R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Butterworth
Jun eK9 tak payah ajar hattech-v dia pura pura sahaja. try to pretend like he dunno anything like that he also among the top vtecs...:regular_smile:

Grex_R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Butterworth
Jun Ek9 : my name Grex lah hehehehe..... its Vyn.

For bro me not to say i'm rich or wat coz i get my engine oil very cheap at RM105 only. brand is HKS or Motul ori ok not cap ayam:regular_smile: .

Coz even change amoil also rite now cost RM160 above due to fuel price increase.

Grex_R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Butterworth
Among those aftermarket parts i think spoon sports is the most reliable for track or street. Coz they upgrade it a bit more performance than type r parts. Like Spoon pistons 81mm pricy just only lighten n balance coz more than malaysia self made rite!!! But if the most reliable stay put on ur ori engine. Like type r its enough for u to play on the street. Of course not roads in KL lah but in Penang Island u dun need big HP cars to run around.:regular_smile: Theres plenty of roads wont exceed 120km/h.

Grex_R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Butterworth
St Power or Zt Power EG6 not bad leh... B20B 4throttle with motec somemore tuned by DON Thailand a engine setup that most all of us which to have.... Very reliable engine n no problem so far.

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
Jun_EK9 said:
nvm laa....if he know also im happy....just dont keep it to ourself only
thats rite jun... sharing is the best thing here...
but sharing info only laa... car cannot share... hehe..
i really like this kind of discussion... n i'm oso still learning... hehe...

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Wah...so if I do want to fit CTR pistons, it's better to buy B16B conrods as well ke? Or just B16B pistons + B16B conrods only? The B16A head must be machined a bit to allow the B16B piston's top to fit B16A's combustion chamber nicely rite? have you met any good workshops / mechanics who can do the head porting and machining job nicely? Btw, the pricing yg hang letak tu, prices for brand new or 2nd hand?

poji_EG9 said:
Yazer...trust me...b16a conrod (top side) cannot fit with PCT piston...mean cannot plug n play just like that...need to cut a 1mm left & 1mm right...type r b16b conrod (top side) is smaller than b16a conrod....but piston pin diameter still same....better use b16b piston pin which come together with PCT piston itself.
We cannot cut 0.5mm left & right due to not enough clearance....
so need 1mm left & right....will cost u rm60~80.

PCT b16b piston price= rm540~560 (4 unit)
Ori B16b piston rings 81mm = rm440 (4 sets)
but u can use brand NPR or RIK at rm120~130...
or u can use back yr OEM b16a piston rings if still ok.
Labour cost rm400~800.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Nah, I'm not targeting to have such mad horsepower from the poor little B16A...

J101 said:
ace79
think you need to watch the dvd again with a big popcorn. it was a p30 piston actually. all i can say they were trying to overkill a 14yr old engine and see what can be done if its been done(fittings, lubing, torquing,installation) correctly. dont forget the expensive clutch, hondata and extractors. they were pushing 9xxx rpm at an high altitude dyno machine. thats another hell of a stress test.

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
ace, no need to do the head job to put the ctr piston. its only the conrod to be modded. if u use the b16b conrod then nothing to mod.
but if u combo the ctr piston with head job then u shud getting a better result instead just putting the ctr piston into b16a block.
the price that pojie mention i believe is a price for new parts.

here some pics on how the ctr piston reside in a b16a block.

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
guys, is it true that if we machine the b16a block as to create better valve pocket when using CTR piston in b16a block will slightly reduce the compression compare to using CTR pistons with no head modification ?

also, i heard people suffer engine knocking when running with CTR pistons witout any head modification...but some of my friend just can live with that...by saying that minor knocking at low rpm ..especially when the gear engaged is not quiet right is no big deal.....anyone care to comment on this ?

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
machine the b16a block to create a better valve pocket?
or u mean to machine the piston (valve pocket) for better valve clearance?
i think that knocking problem can be overcome by using piggyback or remap the ecu...
any mods to the valve pocket (piston) definitely will effect the static cr.

Grex_R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Butterworth
Knocking no big deal just adjust the distributor to advance or retard.... Actualy if engine knocking also no good coz bearings wil worn out.

Alluminium pulley good coz lighter rite so belting rotation also light like using toda flywheel (hattech-v) rite?????

If someday if u r free enough dismantle everything from ur car woofers,speakers,seats(but not driver seat),carpets,door panel n lighten most things in ur car.Take it as vacumm ur car inner body or send ur air cond condensor to service. Feel the car power B16A yes original engine with all those lighten out u will get around 15% more power... Power to Ratio, Weight to Ratio faster momentum. try that n u can save all the hassle to change pistons. Cheap way to do mah only service the condensor + installation cost RM400 (in Penang)....

Grex_R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Butterworth
Believe me take out everything strut bars n things not really useful. Or u may keep ur passenger n driver seat (nak bawak awek rite) no sound system (boring) no aircond (damn hot) but dun take out power stering coz later part the power stering pump can spoil n need to repair $$$ cost more than taking out the power stering...

U may not regret it..... But Dun Send ur car go potong here n there like track car (u will really regret it).

For those reconds EG6/9 can take off the gum below the carpet that sticks to the chasis the gum only itself weight around 1.5kg liao...

For EK i dunno got or not..... coz me driving eg6 mah..

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
hahhaha dont take out the gum...u willl fXXking regret

hattech=v: smaller size n lighter pulley give u much better respond. but undersize pulley at low rpm give u more jerk.hope u know wat i mean. but when like suddenly full throttle is very very responsive. well if u get used to it is like normal car.but is much faster n easier rev u got

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My boss was robbed this morning infront of our office....the robbers took away his mobile ph, wallet and his 2007 Camry while he is trying to open the gate to the office main entrance....they came with a long parang....

Loc : Tmn Industri Sg. Buloh, Kota Damansara.
Time : Est 7.15 - 7.45 am.
Robbers : A Chinese and another Indian came in a Proton Waja.
Car : 2007 Silver Camry WPP 5088 2.4V model.

Nothing special about the car as its pure stock...anyone seen this car or had informations...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience