185WHP:ONLY Honda Parts - Whats the winning formula?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
hattech-v said:
that piston cost nearly same with ctr piston but rebore block job will cost another extra.. hehe
ya lor.... better put in CTR pistons ler...less cost...less risk :regular_smile:

btw, what is we use B16A head with B18C GSR bottom....still have to machine the P72 pistons ?

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
i went back to page 1 and read this thread again. the whole thread actually.

too much of "fruit-salad" combinations to make power. too much mix-match of "on-the-floor parts" in fact.

i think to achieve 185whp or 200whp is no more an issue around this region, just that depends on how much u wanna spend and whether is reliable or not. most japanese parts are meant for track use and not for drags. correct what chris said, the pistons are not even 1mm bigger. only spoon did 82mm for the stroker kits. all these are meant for track use. correct what v8nutter said, 88mm is absurd. its oversquared. 87mm is possible with resleeving. so that is why feilo decided to maxed things out.

hattech, abt the 501 super b16b, u dun have to guess whats inside. the torque alone is enourmous.

grex_r, crower products are very good just that ppl dun bother to use them unlike toda and jun which has been overhyped locally. ppl like to pay more actually for japanese track products. too many of those "i heard or my fren say". crower has been good and cheaper in fact. if ppl say crower cams breaks, jun cams break even more.

keep it up.

poji_EG9

Known Member
Nov 5, 2004
Nilai/KLIA/SIC
Visit site
Oderf said:
ya lor.... better put in CTR pistons ler...less cost...less risk :regular_smile:

btw, what is we use B16A head with B18C GSR bottom....still have to machine the P72 pistons ?
Fared...if we use b16a head with b18c gsr bottom actually no need to machine p72, p73 & p30 piston...PCT piston oso can.

Compression ratio result (with OEM head gasket 3 layer):

B16a head+gsr bottom+p72 piston (gsr) = 10.6:1 CR
B16a head+gsr bottom+p30 piston (b16a2) = 11.6:1 CR
B16a head+gsr bottom+pr3 piston (b16a1) = 11.4:1 CR
B16a head+gsr bottom+p73 piston (ITR) = 11.4:1 CR
B16a head+gsr bottom+pct (CTR) = 12.1:1 CR

poji_EG9

Known Member
Nov 5, 2004
Nilai/KLIA/SIC
Visit site
Important, b16a & b18c gsr bottom if we use CTR/ITR piston need to modify conrod at machine shop...conrod need to cut 1mm left & right for clearance at piston pin.....will cost you around rm60~80.....and additional cost for press piston.

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Reliability is an issue when you go overboard with big pistons.

Again from what i gather, TX3 83mm pistons on B16A/B16B/B18C/B18C5 block (2mm overbore), liners will crack after continuos hard driving at high revs 9k+rpm. Mainly due to too much frictional force during high rpm on the very thin wall liner after 2mm overbore. But many ran 81.5mm and 82mm forged piston with no problem on liner.

I have personally seen 86mm K20A pistons on B20B block (again 2mm overbore) where after 2 session of 15 lap half track SIC MSS race rpm limiting to 8300rpm only, and on the last cooling lap the engine die. Back to workshop, the moment they remove the head, block liner just broke right through!!

So from what i see, to be a reliability motor, you cannot overbored 2mm and should only restrict to 1mm bore. That is why if you see those forge piston manufacturer in USa, the moment the size is overbore more than 1mm it will state sleeving needed.

Just saw 2 weeks ago at my mech place, where he assembling a customer B20B block which has iron sleeved and bored out to 87mm piston!! I believe they are H22A pistons. And should see how thin the sleeved bore between the pistons. Damn thin... I wonder how they can bore further for 88mm?? hmm...

Grex_R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Butterworth
Its a bit danger to bore but depend on how the mechs calculations lah. Every thing crack then SIC no one go drag liao loh...... Ppl try to do something new rite... Like B20B on vtec head at 1st everybody also say can mah???????????
Engine will break then watsoever... I believe Amoil used to have a 2nd gen running on B20B racing on Batu 3,that engine was durable n lasting rite. All it comes to proper calculation like bearings cleareance,piston n cams setting. Too agressive on +/- the cams also breaks n also the condition of the cams issit been worn or not..... Like I say regular check ups.

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
feilo vtec is located at where? exact location pls.....

kota kemuning ka?

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
i run the 83mm piston for 1 year used it for drag n track n seem there is no prob at all. maybe the tuning is rite n it will do the job .but wat i think is the piston is damn damn heavy so i decided to sell the engine away
grex: ali track car (white eg) is using b18 internals

Grex_R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Butterworth
Yes i know ali's car b20b running b18c crank n stroker mah. coz hes my friend's best friend. Fei lo most of the time is in Penang all time coz penang urut murah mah :regular_smile: .

Another tuner that is also famous is Autobaze from subang jaya. Pak Yah n fei lo vtec also quite close. Pak yah hp is 0163329797 can give him a call regarding vtecs. I know whole malaysia also got great tuners ok ... dun let this forum be a war among workshops.

here we can gain knowledge i can exchange top tuners contact numbers or even we can help among ourselves ZTH Team HoNdA to find spare parts also.

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
poji_EG9 said:
Fared...if we use b16a head with b18c gsr bottom actually no need to machine p72, p73 & p30 piston...PCT piston oso can.

Compression ratio result (with OEM head gasket 3 layer):

B16a head+gsr bottom+p72 piston (gsr) = 10.6:1 CR
B16a head+gsr bottom+p30 piston (b16a2) = 11.6:1 CR
B16a head+gsr bottom+pr3 piston (b16a1) = 11.4:1 CR
B16a head+gsr bottom+p73 piston (ITR) = 11.4:1 CR
B16a head+gsr bottom+pct (CTR) = 12.1:1 CR

ic.... looks like i'm gonna need at least P30 pistons to combine with GSR bottom..l3ess hassle than using PCT but better than using P72 :_: ....or maybe just use my PR3 pistons....skim some 1mm more out of the b16a head and use only 2 layer head gasket.....ammmmmmmaaaaaa......heheheheee...:regular_smile:

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Aiyoo...cakap la Feilo Kg Subang...I so malu want to go his workshop, since my car so sadly stock, and plus I don't have pals who know Feilo well ( so can intro me mah ). I'm quite interested about the gearbox story, tell me more about it pls?

But if I'm not mistaken, his white EG usually in Bunga ( or izzit Bungah? ) workshop.

I don't need crazy horsepower, max true 155 - 160 HP on wheels enuff oledi, it's the torque that I want. Extra torque is good for SIC track days.

Grex_R said:
Feilo vtec u pun tak tau.... from subang. He's the real vtec king in malaysia. Past sepang drag his civic went n clocked at 10 sec+. Amoil,HV racing vtecs ...etc also he makan liao... but their race is gelap 1 lah...

His brain the calculator...hehehhe..

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
guys, i also think that if we bore more than 1mm but with a good tuning and just use for drag race once in a while (no track racing)...the engine gonna last quiet long.....remember that the engine will be under pressure for only less than 20seconds in every drag race...unlike track race.....

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Wah, u oso want to go to Feilo's workshop ke? We go together lah, how? I'm oso interested to learn a wee bit of VTEC knowledge from him, or at least what he can do and at what RMs oso...

xxxx said:
feilo vtec is located at where? exact location pls.....

kota kemuning ka?

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Wah, this I dunno bfr.modify conrod? Which part of the conrod? Lemme review my Omniman DVD again. He fitted CTR pistons to a standard B16A conrod, in the almost - 100% - stock - parts B16A.

poji_EG9 said:
Important, b16a & b18c gsr bottom if we use CTR/ITR piston need to modify conrod at machine shop...conrod need to cut 1mm left & right for clearance at piston pin.....will cost you around rm60~80.....and additional cost for press piston.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Wah, engine oil change every 2.5k kms? Fully synthetic engine oil is quite expensive ( although I do get to use either Mobil 1 or Esso Ultron SL for free... )!

Can tell me more about Crower cams? I dunno that you can get Crower cams here. How much did you have to pay for 'em? How was the setting - up and tuning of Crower cams ( 'cause US parts use diff measurements rite? )?

Superb torque lah, if car still can push the torque level all the way to 9.9k RPM...

Grex_R said:
Actually to mantain just need to go more regular check ups than original non mod engines. I change my engine oil every 2500km. N every month go c doctor for medical check up biasa stuff lah check for compression,worn on timing belt,alternator belt,distributor,plugs bla bla so shouldn't be much worries. But if really got cash go for arias,cp,je,wiseco or wat so ever will be much better than those oem or ford pistons rite..

But bros to tell u the truth that i felt that crower cams stage 3 r much better than jun 2 n toda C. These r the cams i use b4 Toda is marvelous but top end at 8800rpm felt no power liao,jun was at lower rpm but no midrange power,crower semua ada till 9900rpm .... but these r just my setup. Maybe other engine r different rite? Wat do u guys say about it? Sorry a bit out off topic but its still about B series engine stuff rite...

Vtec Rulezzzzzzz.......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

saw this happen when i was coming back on holiday near the paddy field area between sitiawan and teluk intan.van driver hit a kelisa and left the scene.the poor gal driving the kelisa, she was lying on the steering after she moved the car to the side.the van driver didnt even stop to look at her.

saw this coz the van overtook us in heavy rain after a few second the accident happened,only a few metres in front just few metres, 2 cars to be exact.

gave chase and try taking pic of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience