Feb 16, 2007
Depends on your damage. My rebuild was RM7,000:
2x housing replaced
6x pieces of apex seals
lubes, oils, coolant
replacement of a few hoses and whatnot
solenoid (?)
workmanship

cant remember exactly right now as this was 4 years ago but I have the papers somewhere.

you need a rebuild for a "rotor jam"? That sounds more like carbon lock. Could you give more details?

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
where the heck do you live? Or rather, where is your car parked?

When you turn the key:
1. Are all the lights fully on? not dim or blinking
- electricals, recharge the battery
2. does the engine crank at all? maybe it crank then slowly stops cranking?
3. When you attempted to start the last time, did you pump the accelerator? this can cause engine to flood with petrol which is still recoverable
4. The last time you started your car, did you let the engine get warm? or did you just started the car and moved it 3 feet?
- very likely carbon locked - especially if you use petrol from caltex or esso-mobil

Carbon lock and drowned engine is two different case.

If its just carbon locked, plug out the spark plugs and spray a bit of ATF into the holes - 2 squirts is enough. Wait for a short while and retry starting. You can buy ATF from any mechanic shop but you need to get a spray bottle so its easier to spray into the spark-plug holes.

When you get the engine started, let it get warm and rev it to 5Ks for a bit to burn up the ATF - expect lots of white-blue smoke.

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bro,
anyone can tell me y my car bettery got so many white power on the -ve connector??
very irritating lar.. like 2 days the powder will fill up the -ve connector... and this make me very hard to start the engine.
anyone can help??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience