DIY install vacuum gauge for 08 vios

JasonKam

Known Member
Jul 29, 2007
Tmn Kinrara S'2
hi,

i decided to install a vacuum gauge for my toyota vios 08 model.engine kod is 1NZ-FE
i hv a few question here,hope u all can help me.....thx

1.) How to connect the wire? connect to where?(i mean-gauge backlight) red&black.

2.) Which vacuum hose should i connect to...?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
there should be installation guide provided along with ur unit... as for where to connect the vacuum hose, find a vacuum hose which comes out from ur intake manifold... use a T-joint and tap from there...

dieheartsue

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
Hi,

This should be a simple job, kindly open up your engine hood n start searching for the vacuum hose.. when u ram (press the fuel) u will the suction of the hose.. cut in the middle of the host and joint it with a t-socket 1st & 2nd joint to the actual vacuum hose & the 3rd joint it to your vacuum gauge. For your vaccum gauge u can juz simply tap the power (+) from any source e.g. fuse, lighter socket etc... the negative (-) terminal u can tap to your car body or earth or any nagative source.. done.. now when u ram (press the fuel) u will see the gauge meter moving and the light is on..

**note:- if u tap to ur car lighter power, your gauge will on when ever u start the engine.
- if u tap to battery terminal u better add in a fuse and switch.
- if u tap to fuse (e.g. small light power) then your gauge will function when u
switch on ur small light

....dieheartsue....

chong+

Known Member
Mar 31, 2008
Hi,
Can anyone tell mi that using a reading 30inHG vaccum meter is better or 75cmHG meter is better?
And whats the diff?

Thanks for help guys