DIY Vacuum/Boost Gauge Installation

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
Originally posted by ezwong2002@Dec 21 2004, 17:24
Anybody interested to learn? if got.. i'll snap some procedures and pics :)
last time i wanted to learn how to install it... but since no body teach me i learn to pasang it with my friend.... here is the result.... no money to buy the bracket ... hehehe.... :D

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
yeah post the step by step to install!!!!!!!!!

BTW wat's the used of the vaccum meter????

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
yeah got mine fixed also :)
but wiring i tapped from previos gauges la
+ - and ignition :D
the vacuum hose i just tarik from pcv hose la
ok we will wait for ezwongs pics :) sure can understand one

wfc31

Known Member
Aug 11, 2004
wfc31.fotopic.net
ya, i also want to know how to DIY install my Volt and Vacuum meter step by step, guide line are much more appreciate, thanks.

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
Difficulty Level : Easy-Moderate

Tools needed:

1. Screwdriver
2. Long Nose Plyer
3. Insulation Tape
4. Wire Cutter / Scissor
5. And any other tools helpful for the installation process (may include 2 sticks of ciggarates)
6. Multimeter to test for ignition 12V source (optional) remember to connect the batterty to test la... otherwise.. where got 12V when u turn the key to ON.. duhhh

1. decide where to mount your gauge.
2. look for possible spaces for the wires and or hoses to pass thru the dashboard
3. connect wires (any sufficient length to reach the fuse box)

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
next.. open the fuse box cover and locate the ignition 12V source.. from the fuse box.. i took the ciggie-lighter power source.. connect the gauge wire to the negative side of the fuse. follow the next pic..

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
this is how i circle up the 12V power wires (from the gauge) together with the fuse.. (connect the wire to the negative side of the fuse....) so that the gauge is protected by the fuse.. if u connect to the wrong side.. it's not utilizing the fuse. if u can get what i mean... next is to connect the ground wire (from gauge) to the ground.. (car body ground can be accepted)

this wiring is applicable for autogauge smoked series only :) where we dun need to tap 12V source from the headlamp.. even so.. the headlamp powersource is usually located at the same fuse box in the drivers compartment or the engine bay fuse box.

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
route the vacuum hose thru the firewall.. u can locate any possible holes thru...
i connected the vacuum source from the intake manifold to the stock fuel pressure regulator.. why? coz i can get steadier readings from that source. make sure the vacuum hose are not blocked or choked.. otherwise u wouldn't get an accurate reading.

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
once u are done.. reconnect the battery if u have already disconnected it earlier... and test your gauge... this is an example how the gauge will look like when completed..

pic is for reference... however it has been replaced by a vacuum gauge..

anything unclear.. please feedback, i'll try my best to help :)

wfc31

Known Member
Aug 11, 2004
wfc31.fotopic.net
ezwong2002,
just curious after u tap the power source from the c.lighter fuse, then how can u close back the fuse casing cover because the gauge's wire is blocking the cover?
the vacuum hose connection for Wira, how?
then how about volt meter gauge installation?

one more thing, the fuse didn't indicate the polarity ler, how to know positive or negative?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Has anyone use this before? It cleans tar, bugs, and tree sap. Suppose to be outstanding...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience