DIY install vacuum gauge for 08 vios

JasonKam

Known Member
Jul 29, 2007
Tmn Kinrara S'2
hi,

i decided to install a vacuum gauge for my toyota vios 08 model.engine kod is 1NZ-FE
i hv a few question here,hope u all can help me.....thx

1.) How to connect the wire? connect to where?(i mean-gauge backlight) red&black.

2.) Which vacuum hose should i connect to...?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
there should be installation guide provided along with ur unit... as for where to connect the vacuum hose, find a vacuum hose which comes out from ur intake manifold... use a T-joint and tap from there...

dieheartsue

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
Hi,

This should be a simple job, kindly open up your engine hood n start searching for the vacuum hose.. when u ram (press the fuel) u will the suction of the hose.. cut in the middle of the host and joint it with a t-socket 1st & 2nd joint to the actual vacuum hose & the 3rd joint it to your vacuum gauge. For your vaccum gauge u can juz simply tap the power (+) from any source e.g. fuse, lighter socket etc... the negative (-) terminal u can tap to your car body or earth or any nagative source.. done.. now when u ram (press the fuel) u will see the gauge meter moving and the light is on..

**note:- if u tap to ur car lighter power, your gauge will on when ever u start the engine.
- if u tap to battery terminal u better add in a fuse and switch.
- if u tap to fuse (e.g. small light power) then your gauge will function when u
switch on ur small light

....dieheartsue....

chong+

Known Member
Mar 31, 2008
Hi,
Can anyone tell mi that using a reading 30inHG vaccum meter is better or 75cmHG meter is better?
And whats the diff?

Thanks for help guys

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

SHANGHAI - September 18, 2007:BMW AG has filed suit against Shuanghuan's importer in Munich last week to prevent the importer from selling a Shuanghua SUV model that BMW said is a copy of its X5, BMW AG's spokerperson told reporters last week.

"BMW AG's lawsuit targets Shuanghuan's importer in Germany, not Shuanghuan itself," said Ma Qingsheng, BMW AG's spokesperson in Beijing. "BMW AG so far has no plan to sue Shuanghuan...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience