Qes : 0.43
Qms : 4.9
Vas(lit) : 104
Mms(g) : 175.3
Lvc (mH) : 1.2
Xmax(mm) : 5
Xmax(inch) : 0.2
BL™ : 13.8

1)I wanna put it into my kancil bonet, so what is d suitable volume of the box should be ? (i wanna calculate by myself but really no idea how to use those software)

2)Is putting cotton of any absorb material across d subwoofer box internal surface increase sound quality ?Izzit any glue will do to stick d cotton ?

Plz help me ok

flamming

Dec 2, 2003
i m glad tat u pay attention 2 my problems. According to the manual it is sealed woofer. I wan more into SQ but also a little SPL.

BTW, izzit more huge d box them more loud it will be without effect d sound quality?

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
bigger ported enclosure is more sufficient...means u can power it wit less power...

sealed from wat i think has better control of the sub...if sealed properly...press the sub n u can feel its very hard...

ported from wat i think i can go low n loud 4 sure...ported at least increase 3dB...but its harder 2 tune....so u need 2 find a good acc shop 2 custom make a enclosure from u....buy those ready made on the shelf n u'll be crying...
1 more is tat when it go too low...ur sub might lose control n might make ur sub char kuey tiow... :P

tis is juz my 2 cent...
correct me if i'm wrong

flamming

Dec 2, 2003
so any1 can help me calculate how many volume of air needed to drive my sub accurately

appleyard

Dec 20, 2004
would you tell me what sub is it? is it a DVC or SVC subs?

huge box doesnt mean louder. its only more efficient and less power handling.

how much boot space do you want to sacrifice? the whole boot space? what was the recommended sealed box size the manufacturer recommend? how much power are you going to feed the subs?

that cotton thing you mention is polyfill, it does help but not much.

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
yup flamming bro....u havent mention wat sub u using...all dub has diff spec...n also the size of enclosure 4 em...

if kicker comp...mayb port at min of 1.75cu.ft-2.25cu.ft....2.25cu.ft is quite BIG....n i dun wan 2 sacrifice my boot space 4 tat...

flamming

Dec 2, 2003

i wanna build a box for my 12" subwoofer which has small parameters :

d(mm) : 260
d(inch) : 10.3
Rdc(ohm) : 3.2
Fs(Hz) : 23.5
Qts : 0.39
Qes : 0.43
Qms : 4.9
Vas(lit) : 104
Mms(g) : 175.3
Lvc (mH) : 1.2
Xmax(mm) : 5
Xmax(inch) : 0.2
BL™ : 13.8
the sub is sony xs-l1235. It's recommmended volume is sealed 1 cu .ft . Izzit good to follow this spec?
what i want is tune it to suit R&B song and also squze out more SPL, That's y i wanna ask sifu here for it's box size.

Yesterday, i saw a tube style enclosure at 1 accesorries shop. It is ported and about 1.5-1.6 cu ft . Izzit suit my sub ? If i wanna use it , i might stuck d whole wif clothe ,so does it change it into sealed enclosure ?

appleyard

Dec 20, 2004
maybe you can go for a 2.5 cu. ft. ported with 3" port and 12" long. Tuned to 30hz.

i assume its a single subs which has 300w rms.

to all sifus,

i need help on my aerospeed fuel regalutor, firstly the gauge meter no function so my mechanics can adjust it, i tried to replace a new one same problem, they try on a wira it works.. mine is a waja 1.8gx convert to 1.6 mivec manual. pls help.
2. the weird things is after converting my engine the aircond works till 90kmh after i head to 100kmh on hot air comes out, why? and how to repair it? pls help
3. my water temp meter rise n drops so does my mph meter. still using...