Suitable BOV for 1G-GTE with minor mods

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
Just a quick query on a suitable bov for my engine as im quite noob in this dept :biggrin:
A quick background first.
Im driving a Toyota Chaser 1G-GTE ie 2.0 inline 6 cylinder twin turbo auto. It was auto, till now currently converting to manual transm. As the engine is out, attending to some leaking issues, Im getting the engine overhauled as well.

Some things im also doing is installing a FPR, replacing all worn rubber water n oil hoses, seals, gaskets, timing belt set, a HKS open pod air filter, Denso Irridium plugs etc. Im only using the car for normal daily drive ie from office to home ie Puchong to Cyber daily and abit of jln2 in KL once a while and balik kampung to Seremban. I x plan to boost up or mod further coz wan2 save fuel just tekan abit once a while. I plan to install and tune a E-Manage in the next coming months when got enough cash d :)

My q is, wat bov would u recommend for my engine and its usage? the std boost is 0.7 bar. Supposing with the upgrades (air filter, full exhaust system, FPR, E-Manage, plugs) there is some improvement, Id like a good n reliable BOV. My mech has recommended to get the GSR std BOV where it can release air few times or sequentially. Ive not had any luck finding this so far. So need ure help in pointing out the next right BOV.

Sorry for the lenghty explanation, hope u can guide me.

Thanks

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
anyone? Read in Toymod that a BOV is also not necessary to be used with this engine. Even if used, need to get a plumbed back type. any comments?

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
bump.
any feedback appreciated

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
if u choose to go plumback, go for greddy type-s. should u choose to increase boost later, it can support the future mods too...

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
thanks guys. will be looking for one out soon.
cheers

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
thanks for info kenny:adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To make our sales process easier and faster, we have appointed business partners across the country.

Please look at the list below and look for your area and contact person's HP number. You can arrange for demo directly with them. They are able to arrange product delivery according to your needs too.

Johore Bahru
- 012 208 3843

Malacca
- 012 208 3843

Negeri Sembilan
- 012 208 3843

Kuala Lumpur/ Petaling Jaya
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience