which 1 better HKS type 2 racing bov or Greddy/Type R bov

Gtiiiii_01

Known Member
May 28, 2006
Which one better hks racing bov or Greedy/trust type R? and... Does GFB bov be used 4 hi boost application

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
both BOV's can hold high boost
if u want to really hold high boost , greddy type-r has a stiffer spring version with request , im nt sure shops in malaysia has them

in terms of BOV design , im more confident with the HKS for drag purpose only
bt in terms of daily drive , its sure the type-r , because at low boost , u can dream for that hks to open up , bt the type-r would open up because its designed that way.

Gtiiiii_01

Known Member
May 28, 2006
thanks 4 the reply. but do u know bout gfb bov? does meant 4 high boosting as well?

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
try Turbosmart Raceport.. built for race purpose and will take any amount of boost :smokin:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
the greddy type-r is for sure to surge , the turbosmart is also high boost application
go get a synapse bov :P , it will open up even at 0.1bar , and it will still close shut at 3bar without leak :P , eliminates compressor surge after i changed to it, it won sema awards & etc , also have started to be used on drag cars , feel free to view the videos at youtube , bt warning, its not suitable for MAF fitted cars, so is the Turbosmart , both turbosmart and synapse will leak at idle , if u r having a MAF fitted car, "stall"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2--IIMSa9A&feature=channel_page

Last edited:

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
well..turbosmart raceport has a "street" setting spring set for road cars with alot of vacuum. So yea..it'll work on street and MAF cars too.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i guess , turbosmart mechanism is similar to tial's
requires spring change if setup has changed and vacuum differs

Gtiiiii_01

Known Member
May 28, 2006
sorry to ask again but wat about GFB bov? looks like it's quite good isn't?

pioneer411

1,000 RPM
sorry to ask again but wat about GFB bov? looks like it's quite good isn't?

i personally hate GFB... kekkekee
i bought a used boost controller from one forumer... use allenkey to adjust that... i bring back sabah and use.. can boost 1psi increase only... kanasai... actuallly is the o ring of the controller nipis liao...
this the problem maybe u need to always change the o ring ... after i throw it liao....:thefinger: i bought a Trust greddy manual boost controller after ward with rm200.. so far i bought 3 to used on different car of mine and one for my friend... total got 4..
so far no problem, no need service.. from lowest boost of ur car setting to maximum i adjust 2.1bar...

there are still many choice out there... i not sure about GFB BOV good or not , because i not yet use it be4.. see what ur requirement racing use.. i think HKS type 2 racing or Greddy Type R/ Turbo Smart race port is suitable for u

Gtiiiii_01

Known Member
May 28, 2006
i personally hate GFB... kekkekee
i bought a used boost controller from one forumer... use allenkey to adjust that... i bring back sabah and use.. can boost 1psi increase only... kanasai... actuallly is the o ring of the controller nipis liao...
this the problem maybe u need to always change the o ring ... after i throw it liao....:thefinger: i bought a Trust greddy manual boost controller after ward with rm200.. so far i bought 3 to used on different car of mine and one for my friend... total got 4..
so far no problem, no need service.. from lowest boost of ur car setting to maximum i adjust 2.1bar...

there are still many choice out there... i not sure about GFB BOV good or not , because i not yet use it be4.. see what ur requirement racing use.. i think HKS type 2 racing or Greddy Type R/ Turbo Smart race port is suitable for u
thanks 4 the reply bro... still thinking bout it. the problem with this 2 bov it still do the compressor surge during the low boost which could harm the turbo in the long term.

Bump:
the greddy type-r is for sure to surge , the turbosmart is also high boost application
go get a synapse bov :P , it will open up even at 0.1bar , and it will still close shut at 3bar without leak :P , eliminates compressor surge after i changed to it, it won sema awards & etc , also have started to be used on drag cars , feel free to view the videos at youtube , bt warning, its not suitable for MAF fitted cars, so is the Turbosmart , both turbosmart and synapse will leak at idle , if u r having a MAF fitted car, "stall"

heard bout it before. another gud option 4 me. but where to get it n approx. price?
Thanx by the way

Last edited:

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004

sometimes i wonder if Synapse paying any commision to you for promoting their products? :biggrin: :biggrin:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
sometimes i wonder if Synapse paying any commision to you for promoting their products? :biggrin: :biggrin:
hahaha cos only of one thing , i was speechless when i used it
not a single sign or surge and also no boost leak , hehehehhe if i have another turbo
car , i will still buy synapse

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
not a single sign or surge and also no boost leak , hehehehhe if i have another turbo
may i ask how much you bought it and the reseller here in malaysia.....

as Gtiiiii_01 sez, heard about it....and amazed with its response...perfect for recirculating bov perhaps?

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004

hahahha ok ok...Fully understood hehe..I think no one else in Malaysia or this forum is using Synapse or so called Synchronized blow off vale. Perhaps you can share your experience of why is this BOV better than other so called "high boost" BOV.

Surge and boost leak is common at those people boosting high, or shall i call people with high level of CFM in their turbo. The famous BOV used by the car owners for high CFM applications are either Greddy Type S or type R, which also justified with their price. With stiffer spring and adjustable level, the 2 above mentioned BOV does provide excellent performance BOV for high boost applications. Care to share how the synchronized BOV (synapse) differs from the 2 BOV? Let's only compare the performance of both being vented to atmosphere, not being re circulated.

your view are highly appreciated, Jinkl...hehehe

Last edited: