RON95 on Evo

jphlau

Apr 2, 2009
Do not be stupid and buy octane booster. The products are banned in US so that tells you the danger of using it.

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
bro did u find any diff when u pump vpower? frankly to say that i really cannot feel any diff lor..:confused:
Jerry,
I dont feel the diff either on my car.So i stick to Mobil 1 always. But when i tried on a NA tuned car can feel some diff.....

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Those who got Evos are defitnately car lovers, so the 25 cents more per liter isn't worthy enuff to put our babies at risk.. hehehe...

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Hi guys (digging up the old thread).

Since RON97 now hitting RM2.90/liter hit me hard as a daily user.
Any possibilities to tune the engine to run on RON95 using Haltech Sprint 500?
If still using stock ECU (never remap or such) can use half RON97 & half RON95?

Please advice & thanks in advance.

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
bro,

do like i did..my car full tank can last for 3 days, 4 days max only..so i just get Viva for daily drive..the fuel prices to use as a daily driven cost more than a monthly payment for a cheap small car..cheaper if get it 2nd hand.

i will only bring out the car for weekends and at nights..no gain to use it and stuck in traffic jams..hehehe

i use 95 few times when suddenly 97 not available and i have to fill up..to be honest, i dun feel anything difference since i only pump few liters just to get me going and get 97 again.in the long run, who knows..

crude oil will go down soon, we will see the prices will go down in malaysia or not or just another bullshit from the govt..

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
bro,

agreed on 2nd car to use... but it no an option at the moment.
my 2nd car in shah alam then in KK this are the only ride...

don't think the oil will decrease so soon, it will hit more then we expected by end of this year.
maybe to hit RM3.50/liter (RON97) since too many internal conflict with those the oil exporter.

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
i did a quick simple calculation..
for my E10, full tank of 97 will cost me RM135 roughly.
full tank for town + highway use with normal boost will last for about 320-350km max.
normal use now, full tank will last 3 days, 4 days max. for 4 weeks, that's 7 times full tank = RM945, lets make it Rm1000 for daily normal use (bear in mind, this is not commuting since i dont need to commute)

Lets say that i use my evo for half a time which will cost me RM500, i still have RM500 to spend on monthly commitment + fuel for small car (i.e viva).

i know this is not actually a detailed and complete calculation, but you get the idea. Brand new 1.0 Auto viva, will cost you around RM36-38K. Put some downpayment, and for monthly payments will be around RM300-400 for 5years.

I'll opt for 2nd car use, less stress on ur beloved car and cheap on prices. Who needs a 5 seats turbocharged 300++hp stuck in the traffic jam when most of the time you'll be driving alone or maybe 2.

I know this wont apply to Pangyau, cos i know him personally (kids,long distance commute etc), but for those who lives in KL or anywhere that always stuck in traffic jam..think bout it.

Better still, get a 2nd hand kancil or kelisa..save or hold on few of your mods on your car and get another beater for daily use.

i did my decision, and i ll keep on using my beater maybe until the 97 price go down to a reasonable price (i.e below RM2.50)

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
i did a quick simple calculation..
for my E10, full tank of 97 will cost me RM135 roughly.
full tank for town + highway use with normal boost will last for about 320-350km max.
normal use now, full tank will last 3 days, 4 days max. for 4 weeks, that's 7 times full tank = RM945, lets make it Rm1000 for daily normal use (bear in mind, this is not commuting since i dont need to commute)

Lets say that i use my evo for half a time which will cost me RM500, i still have RM500 to spend on monthly commitment + fuel for small car (i.e viva).

i know this is not actually a detailed and complete calculation, but you get the idea. Brand new 1.0 Auto viva, will cost you around RM36-38K. Put some downpayment, and for monthly payments will be around RM300-400 for 5years.

I'll opt for 2nd car use, less stress on ur beloved car and cheap on prices. Who needs a 5 seats turbocharged 300++hp stuck in the traffic jam when most of the time you'll be driving alone or maybe 2.

I know this wont apply to Pangyau, cos i know him personally (kids,long distance commute etc), but for those who lives in KL or anywhere that always stuck in traffic jam..think bout it.

Better still, get a 2nd hand kancil or kelisa..save or hold on few of your mods on your car and get another beater for daily use.

i did my decision, and i ll keep on using my beater maybe until the 97 price go down to a reasonable price (i.e below RM2.50)
I've been practising keeping small litre car as a third car since 3 years ago (that time fuel price is about RM2.70/L).

Surprisingly, my Euro R K20A-R running well with Primax95Extra..:hmmmm::hmmmm: Power losses about 5% jer..
No exhaust kabooom kabooom sound same as last time terisi earlier Ron95.

Does this means that Primax95Extra = Ron96??

Maybe you guys should try out this Primax95Extra..

aaloon

Known Member
Nov 16, 2006
Plan to selling car since keep rising the Ron97... cant afford already.....

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
wow...really a gd old tread; like to change my perception on ron 95, i think its becoming stable in terms of performance. unless using non ori ecu, otherwise with ori ecu i believe there is a advance / retard timing function, this will help to adjust the lesser or ron difference, of course it will take 1-2 tanks, subjective in learning driver habbits; by the way, new petronas primax 95 xtra, BHP, esso 95 all seem to have gathered positive feedbacks.....well not saying i love ron 95, but it jz helps to lessen the burning bucks to BN

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Presenting the all new Jeep Wrangler 2011, one of the most capable off-roaders since its inception 60 years ago. This Unlimited Sahara model is able to climb up the rock in a breeze. What's more to love heritage? Enjoy this short video clip of the Jeep crawling up rocks.

YouTube - ‪2011 Jeep Wrangler - "Rock Climber" Commercial‬‏
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience