RON95 on Evo

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
oh ok..i dont know that.
and they also have E85 which much better!

either way, we're getting screwed with the inflation while the salary is flat for years..

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Err actually there is a difference
Local Octane Standard=RON
US Octane Standard=RON + MON/2
So US octane 91 is more or less equal to 97 octane there already
Yeap, that's true.:top:
US RON (AKI) rating is lower than Europe and Japan (including Malaysia) RON rating.

( RON Octane Rating x 0.95 = AKI Octane Rating )
95 RON Octane x 0.95 = 90.25 AKI Octane (US measure)
97 RON Octane x 0.95 = 92.15 AKI Octane (US measure)

kariayam

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
Yeap, that's true.:top:
US RON (AKI) rating is lower than Europe and Japan (including Malaysia) RON rating.

( RON Octane Rating x 0.95 = AKI Octane Rating )
95 RON Octane x 0.95 = 90.25 AKI Octane (US measure)
97 RON Octane x 0.95 = 92.15 AKI Octane (US measure)
.......I dont think there's a AKI Octane rating... The US rates the fuel by AKI(American Knock Index) , not by octane number while other regions rate the fuel by research octane number(RON)... However After all of the conversions of the two units, the user will know the value he should get.

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
AKI rating is the average of the RON and the MON (Motor Octane Number) = (R+M)/2).

Of course AKI is not rated by octane figures. The reason I put the word "octane" was just for easy reference, caused most of us determine the fuel grade by octane number.

Thank you for your correction, sir. :adore:
BTW, AKI is "Anti-Knock Index"

kariayam

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
There is a reason of our G losing money although we, the rakyat have to pay numbers of taxes(income tax,govt. tax, bla bla..just name it..). Nowadays,even to drink a cup of teh tarik we also have to commit the tax to our BELOVED mr G. Yeah, our G must be rich is it? But at the end, we'll hear: KERAJAAN MENANGGUNG BANYAK HUTANG..TERPAKSA KURANGKAN SUBSIDI blablabla..and the shit just goes on....which burden us,the tax payer...every consumable price hikes up,even to buy seketul bawang(onion)...and recently the hike of RON97 fuel price to RM2.90/L. The way we 'LOST' our money in Malaysia has become common and normal these days as one of these bugs daringly claim his 'right' in the court.

Read this:

One of the bug who digs out our G money...where the money should be returned to rakyat benificial of commitments to the beloved country.feel free to judge it...

Berita Harian Online | Mahkamah tolak saman RM20 juta Shazryl Eskay

Last edited:

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
gov already deep in debts....issue bonds dunno how many times already for these past 2 yrs, now even AP kings kena dig, ron 97 n sugar naik ...jz a tip of the iceberg to come...

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Increase petrol and sugar prices to fund the Gov's election mechanism ... They need to fill up the account again after spending that huge amount in Sarawak election ...

4G93NAPower

Known Member
Nov 23, 2008
Penang
well you can can try RON 95 + Water/Methanol Injection to get higher RON rating with something like snow performance / AEM Water/Meth Injection kit

used the AEM Water/methanol injection + RON97 for my heavily modded satria after shell decide to stop providing vpower racing from penang, performance wise its not so bad and i gain couple horse increase :P

Last edited:

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
ron95 will increase price later..heh

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
I have tested my 1st tank of Petronas Primax 3 ron 95.....1st 20 km were slightly sluggish abit, however later on, it was back to business again :d

however pls take note that i run on a stock ECU with reflash; those on pfc or non stock ecu, u may still need to go back for retune; reason being stock ecu has auto retard / advance on ignition timing if not mistaken :D

options

Known Member
Dec 3, 2006
Car got AP tax, import tax, sales tax ... road tax for big cc car also damn expensive ... high quality petrol some more keep going up ... how lah ... to fulllfil our dream to own a supercar ?? :-(

Kennydydy

Known Member
Mar 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
who said evo cant use ron95? :smokin: since ron97 going up rm2.50/l...i re tuned my E6 with power fc using ron95...couple mods with 1.5mm metal gasket + no8 cold step spark plug...with ron95 my E6 limit boost only 1.2bar/270whp..knock count 10-35..what tuner said safe area knock...they said do not up boost over 1.2bar coz more knock will occur..tune rich when boost and 14.5 when idle/cruise....now i done 10,000km with ron95..spark plugs has checking is brown colour (good a/f ratio) KL-KEDAH-KL-JB speed 140-180 constant without problems...with ron95 you must sacrifice power coz ignition was retard for prevent knock...but i am happy coz 270whp enuf for daily ride with fill gas RM 1.90/L :driver:

p/s : the best ron95 ever : petronas 95 xtra...with low knock level :wavey:

so E6 stick with ori stock run in ron 95 no problem???
coz I wanna buy a E6...now use perdana 4G63T..not enough:driver:...hehe..

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
so E6 stick with ori stock run in ron 95 no problem???
coz I wanna buy a E6...now use perdana 4G63T..not enough:driver:...hehe..
Depends which E6 u buy and the previous owner use which RON else u might need to retune. If as u mention a stock stock ori E6 usually can run but test 1st dun hurt engine or other parts juz coz of using lower octane fuel. I do notice diff brand also got slight diff, earlier I been using petronas I feel my engine hotter, now use Esso/Shell temps slightly lower most obvious if when revving engine will feel jerk / ping now when change already feel smoother edi. Maybe new petronas better but I never tried yet still sticking to Esso / Shell.

Kennydydy

Known Member
Mar 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Depends which E6 u buy and the previous owner use which RON else u might need to retune. If as u mention a stock stock ori E6 usually can run but test 1st dun hurt engine or other parts juz coz of using lower octane fuel. I do notice diff brand also got slight diff, earlier I been using petronas I feel my engine hotter, now use Esso/Shell temps slightly lower most obvious if when revving engine will feel jerk / ping now when change already feel smoother edi. Maybe new petronas better but I never tried yet still sticking to Esso / Shell.
That mean have to check the car condition and how the previous owner use it....
now I always using shell ron 95 for my 4G63T in Eterna...and lastime i was try to use petronal ron 95...not smooth....maybe have to let my engine recognize...coz i change immediately..at time was low no choice have to pump also...hehe...thanks for reply...my fren was influence me seriously..he also post to sales his car and get a E6 or E7...

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
Kenny if the car u buying is with Ori Ecu than you don't have to worry. Like DD said it able to learn and adjust thats the advantage. When pour Ron95 dont boost first 10 min let the ECU self tune after that you can drive as per normal.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

Since my Lancer Engine swap I feel I should do a brake upgrade.

I am lucky that my lancer already has fairly good brakes, with rear disks but I now have about 60% more BHP.

On the back I think I can just put upgraded brake pads but I would like to go bigger on the front.

Current standard set up is 276 MM vented as per here:

I am running 16 inch wheels (which I would like to keep)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience