Malaysian Skyline Club Teh Tarik and Preliminary Club Meeting

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Dear Skyliners,

It has been a while since the discussion about making the Skyline Club official. I'd like to start the ball rolling by having a Teh Tarik Session and a Preliminary Meeting in regards to creating the official club and submission to the Reg of Society.

All Skyline owners are invited, especially those vying for office.

The meeting will take place as per below:

Date: 19 August 2011 (Friday)
Time: 10pm till late
Location: Restoran Anwar Maju, Seksyen 7 Putra Heights (click here for map)

Agenda for discussion with a decision at the end of the TT would be:

Club Official Name
Pro-Tem Committee Members
Club Address
First Official Pro-Tem Committee Meeting (date, time and location)
Other Issues

If you're not familiar with the location, please contact Azmir Zainuddin 0122000361

Some light reading before you attend the meeting:
Google docs

See you guys tomorrow! :driver:

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Please bring 1 salinan fotostet ic and 1 gambar passport for registration purpose.

Heheehehehehhehehehehe
Hahah actually there is no reason for even holding this meeting IF no one has taken the trouble to read all the documents. Therefore please:

1) Print out all the files (The Act tak payah since too long)
2) Familiarize yourselves with the content
3) Make notes in the margins/comments/suggestions

Only then turn up on Friday night to discuss. Sorry but this is the only way forward and that is to be serious about it.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
All due respect, I doubt anyone has truly read every single document and understood its contents except maybe 1-2 guys. Perhaps this should be just an informal TT to discuss the Mega Gathering and then focus on the Club formation after Raya?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Note:

1) Do not print the file PERTUBUHAN FAEDAH BERSAMA

2) Do not print the file Akta_Pertubuhan as I might just bring a laptop and look-up the relevant Act using CLJ Law account. However, for those who HAVE printed feel free to bring it along for easier reviewing.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
[PIMPIN];1063664723 said:
All due respect, I doubt anyone has truly read every single document and understood its contents except maybe 1-2 guys. Perhaps this should be just an informal TT to discuss the Mega Gathering and then focus on the Club formation after Raya?

We will see tonight. I do hope that we get something going rather than just talk about it without any results.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Great job! The whole Constitution was discussed and amendments will be made and forwarded to the President within the week.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Additionally, the Committee has agreed to appoint a Patron (Penaung) in order to firstly give the Club much needed credibility but also to have someone who they can turn to for advice and guidance. The Patron does not have any formal responsibilities nor is he required to attend the Committee meetings as the position does not require the Patron to vote on issues discussed in the Committee meetings. However, should he choose to attend his views, opinions and ideas will be taken into consideration by the Committee however they won't be binding.

Aside from that, the Patron shares all the same benefits and has the same rights just like any other member of the Club with the exception of sitting at the main table during the AGM/EGM however he or she will not be in charge of proceedings.

In simple terms, the Patron is an advisor but one who is held in very high regard by everyone in the Club and lends the Club respectability and credibility on account of his/her own personal standing in society.

With that in mind, the Committee has asked if Nasution Abdul Rahman (Eagle) would agree to serve as the first Patron of the Nissan Skyline Owners Club upon its formation in the near future. Currently for the Steering Committee and pre-ROS submission stage a Patron will be named in the paperwork however does not need to handle anything else to do with the paperwork, etc.

I think everyone here myself included would agree with the Committee's choice of Patron.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Good job by everyone who attended especially [PIMPIN] who has prepared the draft paperwork.

I'm happy that we are moving forward towards the formation of an official club.

On a related note, we would need a club logo (image as well as explanation/meaning of colours/shapes/etc).

I'll open up a thread for this and hopefully there are some budding or closet artists among us that can contribute. Once we have several suggestions, perhaps we could do a vote.

We may be submitting the application to the ROS after raya, by which the documents should well be more or less completed.

Furthermore, the Mega Gathering that will happen towards the end of the year would be good for us to recruit members, and if possible be the venue of our 1st Annual General Meeting (AGM).

Cheers!

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Good job by everyone who attended especially [PIMPIN] who has prepared the draft paperwork.

I'm happy that we are moving forward towards the formation of an official club.

On a related note, we would need a club logo (image as well as explanation/meaning of colours/shapes/etc).

I'll open up a thread for this and hopefully there are some budding or closet artists among us that can contribute. Once we have several suggestions, perhaps we could do a vote.

We may be submitting the application to the ROS after raya, by which the documents should well be more or less completed.

Furthermore, the Mega Gathering that will happen towards the end of the year would be good for us to recruit members, and if possible be the venue of our 1st Annual General Meeting (AGM).

Cheers!
No problem bro. As mentioned, it was my pleasure. I will make the necessary changes to the Constitution as per yesterday's discussion as soon as possible.

Eagle

Known Member
Jun 29, 2009
Thank you for your recommendation to be the first Patron of the Nissan Skyline Owners Club upon its formation in the near future. It is a real honor indeed to be a part of the Club. I need to highlight that I may not be able to involved in the Club activities as much as I wanted to due to other commitments that i have. By the way, I am very delighted to see the progress of this Club formation and I am certain with the strong leadership and commitment made by the Steering Committee and the relentless support that we are getting from the Skyline members, this Malaysian Skyline Club will be a real success

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Thank you for your recommendation to be the first Patron of the Nissan Skyline Owners Club upon its formation in the near future. It is a real honor indeed to be a part of the Club. I need to highlight that I may not be able to involved in the Club activities as much as I wanted to due to other commitments that i have. By the way, I am very delighted to see the progress of this Club formation and I am certain with the strong leadership and commitment made by the Steering Committee and the relentless support that we are getting from the Skyline members, this Malaysian Skyline Club will be a real success
I don't think you should worry too much about the level of involvement as I've drafted the Constitution in a way so that the Patron is largely an advisory role and whoever is chosen can choose to attend Committee meetings if choose to do so however has no vote on issues discussed. He/She will be updated on what happened in all meetings and can provide feedback/suggestions in either writing/email/etc directly to the Secretary for presentation at the next Committee meeting.

Or perhaps if not able to attend, the Patron can send in a list of what he feels should also be included in the meeting's agenda. Of course, the Committee isn't bounded by the list however I believe that anyone appointed Patron will be someone of respectable stature whose words will carry a lot of weight and help provide guidance to the Committee of the day.

Still thinking about it really, haven't incorporated all the changes just yet.

[PIMPIN];1063668335 said:
The following information is needed from all the office bearers in order to complete the ROS application:

1) Full Name
2) Position/Post
3) Gender
4) MyKad
5) Date and Place of Birth
6) Occupation
7) Name and Address of Employer
8) Home Address
9) Phone Number

Also needed is Temujin's home address which will be used as temporary mailing and operating address for the Club. I realize this falls under the responsibilities of the Secretary however I have offered to help with the ROS application paperwork since I'm a bit more familiar with it having spent time drafting it.

Please email the information to: [email protected]

Blood Red: You were meant to ask the RX8 Club some questions regarding fees, etc and whether they are registered with the ROS however a search of the ROS database has no RX8 Club but only Kelab Mazda Malaysia of Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya. Could you clarify? Thanks :)
Temujin,

Forgot to ask when I should hand over paperwork to Secretary for further action? Should I incorporate all changes discussed last week or do I prepare everything right up to ROS application?

Last edited:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
[PIMPIN];1063668335 said:
Temujin,

Forgot to ask when I should hand over paperwork to Secretary for further action? Should I incorporate all changes discussed last week or do I prepare everything right up to ROS application?

Honestly, u have done quite a lot of effort in drafting and bringing the Skyliners together and perhaps the Secretary should take over.

But, as with JaHaX current schedule I suppose we could use all the help we can get especially from a guy who knows most regarding the ROS application.

I leave that for u to decide, if u would like to pass the paperwork to our Secretary then by all means please do. We still have time until raya to settle the outstanding issues (which is not that far really).

Would like the other committee members' cooperation as well to have their datas submitted to be incorporated into the application as mentioned by [PIMPIN] earlier.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My buddy went off overseas for some years & upon return he found his pair of Xenon Head lamp

as they have too many cars but very less of shaded place

the last series, in my Hands on Car detailing clinic , we talk about restoring oxidized Head Lamp...due to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience