Oct 11, 2004
huakenny said:
u hv 5point....

1.alternator
2.firewall
3.distribution
4.engine blok
5.front radiator panel
thx for your info..from what i researh there is a lot of point that is commonly use but the question is I only have 5 point. So could some one advise me which 5 point is more effective for better response and better fuel consumption.

- alternator
- firewall
- distributor
- engine block
- engine head
- throttle body
- right bulk head
- left bulk head
- front radiator panel

Newbie confuse..Needs ZTH sifu to help out.

Thanks in advance

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
k3et said:
thx for your info..from what i researh there is a lot of point that is commonly use but the question is I only have 5 point. So could some one advise me which 5 point is more effective for better response and better fuel consumption.

- alternator (nearby)
- firewall
- engine block
- engine head
- throttle body
- right bulk head
- left bulk head
- front radiator panel

Newbie confuse..Needs ZTH sifu to help out.

Thanks in advance
my kenari
1.firewall
2.left bulk head
3.right bulk head
4.front radiator panel
5.throtle body
6.engine block
7.engine cover
8.distributor
9.alternator

my subaru
1.left bulk head
2.right bulk head
3.front radiator panel
4.firewall
5.distributor
6.left engine block
7.right engine block
8.throtle body

Last edited:

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
c-ground said:
why this thread suddenly so quiet already?

All bz with the DIYs? Haha!!
yalo.. hehehehehe
after i DIY my vacuum gauge
only i realize.. the hard part not wiring,
the hard part not pulling the tube from the engine bay
but
the hardest part is i to DIY a stand for that gauge... :D :D

same like ground wire lar
after DIY only know.. the hardest part is not mount the wire to the "Y" lung
and not mount the wire to engine part
but hardest part is to make the connector to connect back to '-ve' of the battery.. :D :D

c-ground

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
Seri Kembangan
cground.fotopic.net
It won't be that hard if you connect only 2 cables from the battery. Then the rest of the cables spread from the primary ground points. :D

not forgetting to get a clean and neat layout also.. well, it's up to personal preference sometimes.

Last edited:

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
ya.. i saying..
sometimes before we start DIY we thought one thing is difficult
but turn out something we think is easy is the most difficult.. :D :D

C

chilskater

did mine over there weekend..i oso did gearbox tapi extra bolt n nut needed..same as well with the alternator ka?extra bolt n nuts..i use 4GA AUDIO Cable(tht wat stated on the cable)..can i do like daisy chain type of grounding?like from bulk head(driver side) connect to engine cover?

tylaxng

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Penang,Malaysia
drexchan said:
parallel cables gives you higher inductance, which defeated the purpose of grounding.
erm.... drexchan i think ur concept wrong.....:emoticon_U:

Basic Inductor's inductance calculation fomula is same with resistor:

Series: all inductor value plus together... ex: if 1 wire got 1H, series 2 same wire = 2H

Parallel: 1/Total inductance = 1/L1 + 1/L2 + .... 1/Ln
-> Total inductance = 1/(1/L1 + 1/L2 + .... 1/Ln)
ex: if u got 2 same wire (1H), total inductance = 0.5H

From above basic inductance calculation, we can clearly c that more wire "parallel" together, inductance no increase, but reduce....

Actually, grounding cable is same concept with "parallel" few wire....., grouding cable connect to chasis, engine cover, alternator (-) point, batter (-) point.... all start from ground and end at ground, if follow drexchan mention then we better dont use grounding cable at car ... coz -"higher inductance, which defeated the purpose of grounding"-:shades_smile:

hi, drexchan... no shot u la... just share wat i know.. coz my job everyday(except public holiday).. need to consider the signal quality and grounding.

Last edited:

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
tylaxng said:
erm.... drexchan i think ur concept wrong.....:emoticon_U:

Basic Inductor's inductance calculation fomula is same with resistor:

Series: all inductor value plus together... ex: if 1 wire got 1H, series 2 same wire = 2H

Parallel: 1/Total inductance = 1/L1 + 1/L2 + .... 1/Ln
-> Total inductance = 1/(1/L1 + 1/L2 + .... 1/Ln)
ex: if u got 2 same wire (1H), total inductance = 0.5H

From above basic inductance calculation, we can clearly c that more wire "parallel" together, inductance no increase, but reduce....

Actually, grounding cable is same concept with "parallel" few wire....., grouding cable connect to chasis, engine cover, alternator (-) point, batter (-) point.... all start from ground and end at ground, if follow drexchan mention then we better dont use grounding cable at car ... coz -"higher inductance, which defeated the purpose of grounding"-:shades_smile:

hi, drexchan... no shot u la... just share wat i know.. coz my job everyday(except public holiday).. need to consider the signal quality and grounding.
hahaha... i wonder why inductance fomula same with resistant? :D
so if in same case.. more parallel..
so means LESS inductance and also LESS resistant? wow.. same thing happened together.. where is the rest of the value go? :D

anyway anyone remember the physic lesson
about material, length and width effect on inductance?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

That's right folks, there's only one more month till the big race is here and its being seen as The biggest motor sport event of the year with lap after lap of heart-stopping racing, exotic supercars, gorgeous Race Queens, latest lifestyle gadgets and mouth-watering foods!

<!--more-->First beginning in 1993 with the GT500 and GT300 categories, these race cars were seen as a masterpiece...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience