How to adjust an adjustable absorber

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hey guys,
I have a couple of wrench.My question is, can i adjust the absorber without dismantling it?Can i just jacked my car up and adjust it from there?If yes,how do i do it?can enlighten me?Thanks in advance.

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
i always do this during i send my car for balancing.. once they jack n take out all tires then i adjust myself.. much easier since u know wat u want n saves alot from sending to shop just for them to turn few nuts..

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
use some measuring tape le... to see the hights.... silap silap kereta tonggek !

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
measure the height before jacking up the car and dismentalling the tyre. do calculation how much u wanna increase/decrease height. Then adjust lor.

Estimated height according to calculation should be ok most of the time. But if tak ngam, have to redo it lor...

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Lol.Shit nearly came out when i tried with all my might trying to use the wrench n turn the damn thing.haha.i went to a regular mech for servicing so didnt bother to ask them to do it as they might be as clueless as me.not pun intended.

jaydee

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Subang Jaya
use some measuring tape le... to see the hights.... silap silap kereta tonggek !
imho, better than kereta motorbot ler... hehe...

Lol.Shit nearly came out when i tried with all my might trying to use the wrench n turn the damn thing.haha.i went to a regular mech for servicing so didnt bother to ask them to do it as they might be as clueless as me.not pun intended.
Use the 'angkup luar' ler... esp for adjustables... If you bought it brand new it comes with it..
If not just go to tyre shop, ask them to adjust for you... just make sure they measure the height properly, not simply tembak... :)

Edisonkim

Known Member
Feb 13, 2006
hi bro i agree with brother FoarGeez can save a bit when u want to adjust ur adjustable absorber just need to make sure before u want to adjust high or low write down the detail first like how many finger but follow by finger is not that acurate better use the measure taps then u write down again.. if not properly adjust it it will eat ur tires very fast.. of course after u adjust it u need to set u camber n aligment if not also will eat ur tires soon! i use gab adjustable before is a high/low type! first time is not adjust properly in my car that time was very unbalance even adjust the chamber already.. finger to the tires between fender also left side is 3 right side is 2 ... very ks about the shop skill! but learn a lesson already.. so bro dont like me oh.. wakaka.. is nice to learn!!

bev9830

Apr 21, 2006
use vernier caliper to have an accurate reading.
its easy.just jack,take out ur rim and adjust.

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
Just wanna share my story for adjustables..

IN some cases, even the shops mech where i got my adjustables from in Sunway (dun wanna mention the shop name) dont know exactly how to set the height. during installation they chat with me then say need to calculate all yr ICE la spare tire weight this that la.. i was like... Errr.. okayyy.. just do yr thang n get it done.. seems like this fella know what hes doin..! use markers to mark how much to turn the height spacer n all... :hmmmm:

Then when hes done fixing n sat down the car.. it looks like goin for palm estate for rally championship!!:bawling::rofl: My gawd.. 4 fingers wei! :banghead: wth?? i give him one kind smile straight away he adjust it back... :stupid: lucky i didn give him middle finger..

From that day onwards i know if u want sumthing right.. u just gotta do it yrself.. try n errors make us learn alot of stuff n eventually saves our wallet! :wavey:

220mph

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
kl
Just wanna share my story for adjustables..

IN some cases, even the shops mech where i got my adjustables from in Sunway (dun wanna mention the shop name) dont know exactly how to set the height. during installation they chat with me then say need to calculate all yr ICE la spare tire weight this that la.. i was like... Errr.. okayyy.. just do yr thang n get it done.. seems like this fella know what hes doin..! use markers to mark how much to turn the height spacer n all... :hmmmm:

Then when hes done fixing n sat down the car.. it looks like goin for palm estate for rally championship!!:bawling::rofl: My gawd.. 4 fingers wei! :banghead: wth?? i give him one kind smile straight away he adjust it back... :stupid: lucky i didn give him middle finger..

From that day onwards i know if u want sumthing right.. u just gotta do it yrself.. try n errors make us learn alot of stuff n eventually saves our wallet! :wavey:
fucking funny wei... i make me laugh till tears..
mayb because u did not tell him ur rally is on tarmac, so he adjusted gravel setting for u.. lol..
anyway i face this kind of act smart wannabe too.. sometime just dunno what to say about this kind of mofo.. lmao..

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
hmm...
do u guys measure tires n fender gap???
or make sure left n right abs is having the same height (by counting the "gigi")???

my mech told me dat dun depend too much on car body (fender)...
as its not 100% same on both sides....
so depend on the abs is more accurate....

last time was using ruler to measure....
but then 2 weeks ago when i went n adjust again....
i use the (calculate "gigi") way....
meaning left n right hav to be same # of gigi...
as for front n rear...
the # of gigi will be diff.....
to me...its more accurate la....

now having +-1finger gap on all fours.....
:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Bros,

Anyone knows where i can find a working 2006 proton gen2 1.3 engine?
Kinda need it urgently as my current engine really koyak already.:banghead:

All help appreciated.
If you have any contacts, please PM me directly.

Many Thanks,:adore:
Danny
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience