Fuel Pump Question ~

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just change the original L9 Turbo fuel pump from one from 2JZ,seems that the 2J fuel pump too large dy,crank boost til 1.5 bar oso too rich and will keep pop out fire at the exhaust....

At 1st i tot to change back to stock L9 Fuel Pump and i worry that it will supply insufficient fuel,then i go to look after for a Wira 1.6 Fuel Pump and turn out the Wira Fuel Pump look exactly the same as my original L9 Turbo fuel pump....i wonder does the flow rate same?

I test the original L9 Turbo fuel pump with a External Fuel regulator,it car hold pressure up to 4.2 Bar,will it be sufficient for the engine to run boost around 1-1.2 bar?

Thanks for any help =)

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Find out the original fuel rail pressure that your car runs at, then use the FPR to adjust the pressure back to original using the 2JZ fuel pump... then tune up from there.

Should work?

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Already tried,even i unscrew the whole vacuum bolt out of the regulator,the pressure still around 3Bar,original is around 1.8-2Bar only......on 3 Bar the engine is running horrible rich at 6000RPM where the full boost kick in ~ now only off set it by setting the boost pressure higher at 1.5Bar,but it still running rich and will sometime pop fire at back when boost aren't enough ~ =S

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bro's, few questions here.....

one) other than rev cut, wat else does an rsm can overide??

two) can air/fuel ratio be set in it??? if yes, whats the use of afc then??

three) can the a/f ratio set by ourself or must do at shop?? if yes, how much will it cost....

i thank you guys before hand, even if u just go through my post.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience