Fuel Pump Question ~

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Can i just add another higher flow fuel pump on the fuel line without taking off the lower flow rate pump in the tank ~

Thanks for any info =)

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
good question, i want to know too, whats ur intention?

also want to know when do we need to upgrade fuel pump? increased cc from bigger piston can benefit from stronger fuel pump or not when tuning a/f?

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
good question, i want to know too, whats ur intention?

also want to know when do we need to upgrade fuel pump? increased cc from bigger piston can benefit from stronger fuel pump or not when tuning a/f?
Upgrading to bigger turbo and running higher boost ~

For NA upgrade to fuel pump better compensate with a piggyback or so....but for turbo and compensate it with boost pressure but got a piggyback to fine tune it still better la ~

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well....its actually depends on the fuel need...normally stock fuel pump still good to serve for fuel needs from 15%-20% power increase....only need to install adjustable fuel regulator.....

but if power increase more than that (turbo most likely) the pump cannot supply enough fuel anymore..thus the need to upgrade fuel pump...other than that no point to change into bigger fuel pump.....

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
well....its actually depends on the fuel need...normally stock fuel pump still good to serve for fuel needs from 15%-20% power increase....only need to install adjustable fuel regulator.....

but if power increase more than that (turbo most likely) the pump cannot supply enough fuel anymore..thus the need to upgrade fuel pump...other than that no point to change into bigger fuel pump.....
Yeah....i have switch to a bigger turbo and running higher boost,now when ever the full boost kick in knocking will occur and the external fuel regulator has been tighten to the max and when the full boost kick in the fuel press drop ~

i just wonder if i didn't take out the in tank pump and just mount a external unit near injector the will the setup works =S

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
During full boost if fuel pressure drop is very dangerous you engine may blown anytime. Get a brand new fuel pump and install fuel regulator then re-tune your engine. You need ensure yr fuel press can miantain then re-tune if not you just wasting yr time.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
wilson...i think it is better to remove the old fuel pump along even if u install external fuel pump...afraid if not there's some fuel supply restriction that would affect your new pump efficiency....

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
During full boost if fuel pressure drop is very dangerous you engine may blown anytime. Get a brand new fuel pump and install fuel regulator then re-tune your engine. You need ensure yr fuel press can miantain then re-tune if not you just wasting yr time.
Yeah...in gear 3 6000Rpm the engine turn into Diesel engine,knocks badly,even using Shell V-Power Racing (RON98) it just reduce it :banghead:

Now the car can't drive beyond 140Km/h,scare engine :smokin:

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

wilson...i think it is better to remove the old fuel pump along even if u install external fuel pump...afraid if not there's some fuel supply restriction that would affect your new pump efficiency....
I also think so,but i see on some mat salleh forums,they just put a higher LPH inline pump externally without removing the stock intank pump,so i wonder if this will work =S

Cause i suffer from removing the tank each time replacing fuel pump,remove and install so many times dy,the petrol smell are not very pleasant =(

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
the stock fuel rail has no return line so max pressure is pumped to the rail right? so i am confused as to how adjustable fuel regulator would help if i need more fuel pressure

and how would i know i need one?

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
the stock fuel rail has no return line so max pressure is pumped to the rail right? so i am confused as to how adjustable fuel regulator would help if i need more fuel pressure

and how would i know i need one?
Yes,stock fuel rail lack of a return line.....mine is a aftermarket unit from Works ~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,

what is the effect of putting the catalytic converter all the way near the rear muffler? is it a huge power loss? will the catalytic converter still work?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience