DIY the "probably the only real FUEL SAVER"

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
i bought the things 2wks ago. til now i still hvnt assemble it yet. hehe...
my engine compartment got not much space lerr. u plan to put the generator in wat car?
my nissan not much space so i plan to hang it behind the bumper, that's why i choose the kicap bottle which is smaller a bit than cola tin.
if 1 bottle not enough then i can add few more bottles in with the same design.
i think u using the water filter bottle. hehe..

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
i put it in my kenari. the engine compartment space are limited too but still can fit nicely. i am not using water filter casing but some normal back-to-school water bottle.. haha..

anyway, went searching again and found SS water filter case. Abit high priced at RM110 each. Its small and measure 1ft (12inch) high and 4 inch wide (measure at the top cap widest material)..... look like a good case to avoid exploding of the case (just incase i dont use a bubble with pop off cap) as my engine bay is pack and i think i'll skip the bubbler for now.

For now, just need to find proper plate/spiral SS to drop it in and wire it up. Oh ya, depending on cars EFI, i think we need to do a circuit to reduce the fuel pumping in. I am working on that too now. Manage to get all the component this afternoon abit rush and left out few diodes and this silly counter girl gave me the wrong resistor!! ARGHHHhh... anyway, its easy to built one but require alot of patience (which i lack of for now).

And i think i have to test the circuit without the hydrogen running as my car model (SLK - small little kenari) is running like 10% rich out from the factory. so the circuit might just get better mileage by itself without the hydrogen system. Or probably it wouldnt or i might need to dyno tune the circuit. (as it have 10 different setting from rich to very lean condition).

Anyway, i try to attach the photos of my bottle and see what u think. Is there anyone else is building this? Do post up more update and hopefully we can share more details on this and place to source out the item. This is the only way we a greener enviroment. :D cheers

by the way, i found out (from one shop) that we can get very good quality stainless steel lug and bots with nuts at this shop at jln loke yew, (just after the bride shops) near the jejantas there.... a shop that sells nuts and bolts. u can find the rarest nuts and they have it all . i will find time to check it out as i cant seem to find REAL SS bolts and nuts as most hardware shop only sell half SS (coated only)... sigh!

Attachments

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
u put a normal wter bottle. so big. haha....
put tupperware larr. haha....
i think u can make a circuit to intercept the ECU to inject lesser fuel. u connect the O2 sensor to a resistor or variable resistor to tune down the AF ratio.

jasonxxxin

Dec 13, 2007
nice job guys, really appreciate your updating us on the progress of your respective experiments. How about TT sometime soon to share share...hehehe.
storm, i still dont get the spiral ss your talking about, mind posting the link for that one?

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
u can search from youtube.com for some video on H2 generator.

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Just bought some SS bolts and nuts. Got it from Asia bolts and nutsat jln loke you, for those who cant find can try ur luck there... they have all type of insane crazy rare stuff there..... but just beware of the fat indian lady (no offence on the race there) but she is really rude and impolite! But fark it as i am in a good mood today (lucky for her).

And there is a lady who is kind enough to give comment on the material and i mention its for water usage so i need SS and she recommend me the 316 SS stud (around 2 meter per stud) but she ask the indian fat lady and she say have to order and have to wait blah blah blah grandma story. Then just got the normal SS (i think is 304 grade) at RM18 (bloody expensive i think! dunno about the market pricing of these stuff).

Anyway, was thinking to built it today with only stud as the core of the plate (as its longgggg) but went to tesco again (wife like to go tesco one..haizz) and lucky they got this new Stainless steel plate for dimsum and its looking good and cheap (RM5.90 for 12pcs of the plate) so i just buy it and thinkin of making it as a plate...... as my bottle is small in diameter, i think it will be good.

On the circuit side, went back to the shop and bought everything new again becoz alot of wrong resistor measurement (i solder already and found out later...darn!). got back home but they forgot to tell me they dont have the small preset resistor...ARGh! so have to go again to the shop...damn waste time and petrol only...

anyway, i think thats all for now. will have to work on the wiring, drilling and mounting of the plate. I think the "dulang" u guys use will be hard to cut as the material is damn hard man.... i have to send to shop to drill them as i think my drill bit cannot drill it properly.....
cheers and all the besst bro..

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
nice job guys, really appreciate your updating us on the progress of your respective experiments. How about TT sometime soon to share share...hehehe.
storm, i still dont get the spiral ss your talking about, mind posting the link for that one?

about the spiral SS , the only problem is where or who can make the design? i would really be intrested to get few unit of this... :D have to go and ask those shop which built SS gate for home to make.... but i think would need minimum quantity order... if ask them make 1 unit sure kena halau...wahahha.......

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
u put a normal wter bottle. so big. haha....
put tupperware larr. haha....
i think u can make a circuit to intercept the ECU to inject lesser fuel. u connect the O2 sensor to a resistor or variable resistor to tune down the AF ratio.

ya its thru the o2 sensor but cannot just put resistor like that. have to use the 3914 ic to control as the voltage is not consistant and also the rpm running also different rich/lean level on different cars. but there is alot of circuit downable if u guys wanna build one.. just run a search on it.

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
Wa so much progress already u all.....keke btw im using those big SS clip use for clipping big files one i just clip it along the SS rod and good to go only problem my Tupperware leaking and not testing it anymore =.=

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
icecube,
can show us wat u bought? post some pic.
a pic represents thousand of words. keke..

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
okie i will postmore photos when i finish the circuit and stuff... but no promise as i just moved to a new place and i have to get online at cybercafe.

okie abit of update here.

was trying to bend the stud (the rod) and it was freaking hard, so i heat it up in the stove until its burning red.. and bend it. walah!

Okie since its 2 meter long, i have to cut it. Argh.. with standard steel cutting blade (those cheap steel saw) the teeth just went smooth after few times of sawing!! Bloody damn hard material. I have a grinder at home but then... its late and it should take more time then i think! I wonder how u guys cut the "dulang" or other plate .... i think better to send to shop that have proper cutting machine to do it. I try cutting the dim-sum plate also and bloody hell its damn thick (i use my dremel with fiberglass reinforced blade that i bought some years ago). so its late and i didnt want to wake up the whole neigbourhood.

didnt went back to the electronic shop to get the left out component for the circuit today as the whether look horrible. will try to get it tomorrow as i think better finish the circuit and test it and mount it in my car so i can fine tune my air-fuel to cut down on the consumption.

was checking out the other sensor called "intake air temp" and mod it with a resistor so it can run advanced timing (i think around 1 to 2 deg or less) with a 1k resistor (will try higher later) . will monitor the fuel for now. car is very responsive and easily climb hill unlike previously. have a feeling it will consume more fuel that stock. wahhahaa...... or maybe not.

-storm-
what happen to ur tupperware? you running it at 12v each cell or?
i was thinking to run mine off some resistor to down the voltage to 2v per cell as more voltage will just heat up the water.... (read this info on some of the pdf files i got off the web regarding this project). not sure about the resistor thingy for now as i think my bottle can only fit in 4 pcs of the dim-sum plate... so how should i wire the plate????

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
icecube, got pic kah? cozs i kind of blur here.
what is the thing that u have problem with? ur project sounds so complicated one. u got pic then i can catch the ball. hehe..

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
u got 2 below there

sy_omar

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Kinrara
I know where to buy cheap stainless steel sheet... 2mm thick.

pls pm/ym me [email protected]

They sell rm10 per KG.

it cheap.... I stop my project because cant find the circuit part.

TQ

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Paint touch ups

anyone know a good place to do paint touch ups and also services for getting rid of 'orange peel' effect on newly painted car?

Oh yea as for more details about the title listed, please refer to the car detailing forum. I accidentally posted it here instead hehe.. pissed off punye pasal.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience