changing suzuki swift m15a auto to manual.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I dont understand why people care about losing to myvis. Power to weight ratio is huge with the swift being a heavier car. And who cares if you lose? The satisfaction of the mod comes from how the car makes you feel. Not if you lose to a myvi or not.
I agree with you bro, but sometimes you just can't help but to be upset about it when on the straight they can pull away.. but when it comes to a corner.... you'll see i'll be smiling away because luckily i'm in my swift... :proud:

sengasdf

Known Member
Feb 18, 2007
Kajang
I agree with you bro, but sometimes you just can't help but to be upset about it when on the straight they can pull away.. but when it comes to a corner.... you'll see i'll be smiling away because luckily i'm in my swift... :proud:
You know what? People just dont get it. Swift is a fun car, not fast car. People crave for power should not buy swift, spend 70k on used evo would be wiser.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I for one spent a lot modding my 3-speed auto Wira to get close to 96bhp on wheel. Plenty of grunt and torque on the low to mid but high loses out. But who cares la, I don't need top speed. My car is a Wira, going fast isn't really useful since everything else on the road can go faster than me full out.

The things you mod you'll have to take into consideration how much the gearbox can take. I'm not sure how strong the swift auto GB is, but the 3-speed auto Wira GB is pretty strong to take the beatings I give it without ever breaking.

PNP, lightening and balancing internals, oversized pistons, adjustable cam pulleys + mild cams, AFPR, lightweight wheels, proper exhaust, anything to reduce the strain on the GB will result in more power. 30% power loss is purely at the transmission so if you can lighten the load or increase the overall power to begin with, then you're gonna have a more responsive car.

I really recommend the first thing you do is go source for an ultra lightweight rim and good tyres. My 15" + 205/50/15 tyres weigh less than a stock myvi rim + tyre (14" rims). That made a huge difference in performance already.

Then only start going for high compression setup like high compression pistons, or the cheating method of using thinner gaskets or just skim the head.

Once you get used to that power then only start doing more like oversized pistons, and all other internal mods. Never go to the turbo with an auto. That's way more fun manual.
So far my swift auto gb can stand 260++Nm and 180hp of beating.. and thank god to it.. i guess that's the max it can go..

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

where can i find turbo for 5k? ive been searching and most of them are 8k and above
The small island beside malaysia will have many items that you want.. i got 90% of my parts there.. :burnout:

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
You know what? People just dont get it. Swift is a fun car, not fast car. People crave for power should not buy swift, spend 70k on used evo would be wiser.

So far my swift auto gb can stand 260++Nm and 180hp of beating.. and thank god to it.. i guess that's the max it can go..

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

The small island beside malaysia will have many items that you want.. i got 90% of my parts there.. :burnout:
Guys share your mods lah since we all use the same car :biggrin: What have you done to the car?

Turbo, im sure you know about the monster turbocharged swift zc21 going for 300+hp so dont give up yet :biggrin: I wouldnt want to aim that high as sengasdf said, i just want it to feel a bit more spirited. My plan here is to just change the exhaust system, air intake, and ECU. Slap in some struts and a hi/lo/soft/hard and i'll be a happy swifter :driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I was following a Swift Sport today in a Z. Ohmygosh its fast, it kept up with DC2 and S2000 on Genting.
What shocked me was he said it can only use RON 97.
Being 11.1:1, really need RON 97?

sengasdf

Known Member
Feb 18, 2007
Kajang
I was following a Swift Sport today in a Z. Ohmygosh its fast, it kept up with DC2 and S2000 on Genting.
Yea, only ron97. Ron95 would cause a lot of engine knocking. Driven swift sport mt up to genting, 4people on board and still accelerate well.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
11.1 is high compression dy, so will need Ron 97....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
11.1 is high compression dy, so will need Ron 97....
Yea, only ron97. Ron95 would cause a lot of engine knocking. Driven swift sport mt up to genting, 4people on board and still accelerate well.

Thing is, a CamPro CPS makes the same power as the older M16A powerplant.
And CPS has 2 more nm of torque and using RON95.
:hmmmm:

Not trying to offend the owners, just wondering.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Only two "normal" street cars I know right now are default high compression and can only use RON97, the Civic Type-R and the Suzuki Swift Sport. And tailo.. 11.1:1 is kinda high!!

The other thing is I don't understand the voodoo behind high compression, but when I had the same kind of setup in my Wira, all other Wiras seemed slow in comparison. A key note : My compression wasn't as high as 11.1:1 because I could still run RON95 although I had some minor knocking in the high rev range.

Thing is, a CamPro CPS makes the same power as the older M16A powerplant.
And CPS has 2 more nm of torque and using RON95.
:hmmmm:

Not trying to offend the owners, just wondering.
Google tells me that :

Suzuki Swift Sport : 136 bhp (7k RPM) and 160 Nm torque (4k RPM)

Gen2 Campro CPS : 110 bhp at 6,000rpm and 148Nm of torque at 4,000rpm

Where got same oh? :hmmmm:

Having said that, I know a SSS owner who tells me 136 is very very generous. He claims his car can max do 120bhp on the dyno even on a good day. I'm thinking the same for the Campro CPS.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Only two "normal" street cars I know right now are default high compression and can only use RON97, the Civic Type-R and the Suzuki Swift Sport. And tailo.. 11.1:1 is kinda high!!

The other thing is I don't understand the voodoo behind high compression, but when I had the same kind of setup in my Wira, all other Wiras seemed slow in comparison. A key note : My compression wasn't as high as 11.1:1 because I could still run RON95 although I had some minor knocking in the high rev range.

Google tells me that :

Having said that, I know a SSS owner who tells me 136 is very very generous. He claims his car can max do 120bhp on the dyno even on a good day. I'm thinking the same for the Campro CPS.
Don't believe you here, your sifu diy don't know....hahahahaha:biggrin:

This is for others to read not you......:rofl:
Compression ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sengasdf

Known Member
Feb 18, 2007
Kajang

Google tells me that :

That 136hp is on newer m16a swift sport. Previous swift sport only make 125hp. Dont really mind the output, the engine output delivery is awesome

shawnzz

500 RPM
Sep 6, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
How do i know which one is which? And its so hard to find the manual here. Searching in mudah only turns up a few results. Those units are good ah?
the older version have no side mirror signal light and standard key. 2008 above have side mirror signal light and keyless entry.

Thats the only difference. loll

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone using this engine? Need some feedback here. I rarely see people using this engine, why? high maintenance? :smile:

- How much does this halfcut cost?
- Total BHP?
- Plug and Play on proton chasis?
- Pros and Cons

Uhh, Thanks. :rock:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience