changing suzuki swift m15a auto to manual.

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Look in the engine bay, look for the throttle cable lor. If it's not there it's DBW. But most new cars these days are DBW no?
for 06 to 12 swift, only swift sport is DBW. normal swift using cable.

yeap. cable. just checked. haiya. thank you sifus.

have you guys ever modded your AT cars? for me i prefer the cornerings so strut bars are a must. but i want just a little bit of a kick when i press the pedal. changing the air intake wont do much would it? what else can i change/put in my car? need advice :adore:

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Just googled. Everyone says the best mod for an auto car is changing it to manual. sigh

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

have you guys ever modded your AT cars? for me i prefer the cornerings so strut bars are a must. but i want just a little bit of a kick when i press the pedal. changing the air intake wont do much would it? what else can i change/put in my car? need advice :adore:

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Just googled. Everyone says the best mod for an auto car is changing it to manual. sigh
Since yours is using cable, you can change to undersize throttle pulley. It will work like Drive by wire ETC. Under size pulley will give better response....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I for one spent a lot modding my 3-speed auto Wira to get close to 96bhp on wheel. Plenty of grunt and torque on the low to mid but high loses out. But who cares la, I don't need top speed. My car is a Wira, going fast isn't really useful since everything else on the road can go faster than me full out.

The things you mod you'll have to take into consideration how much the gearbox can take. I'm not sure how strong the swift auto GB is, but the 3-speed auto Wira GB is pretty strong to take the beatings I give it without ever breaking.

PNP, lightening and balancing internals, oversized pistons, adjustable cam pulleys + mild cams, AFPR, lightweight wheels, proper exhaust, anything to reduce the strain on the GB will result in more power. 30% power loss is purely at the transmission so if you can lighten the load or increase the overall power to begin with, then you're gonna have a more responsive car.

I really recommend the first thing you do is go source for an ultra lightweight rim and good tyres. My 15" + 205/50/15 tyres weigh less than a stock myvi rim + tyre (14" rims). That made a huge difference in performance already.

Then only start going for high compression setup like high compression pistons, or the cheating method of using thinner gaskets or just skim the head.

Once you get used to that power then only start doing more like oversized pistons, and all other internal mods. Never go to the turbo with an auto. That's way more fun manual.

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Since yours is using cable, you can change to undersize throttle pulley. It will work like Drive by wire ETC. Under size pulley will give better response....:driver:
i read about that, that can be done at a normal service center right?

I for one spent a lot modding my 3-speed auto Wira to get close to 96bhp on wheel. Plenty of grunt and torque on the low to mid but high loses out. But who cares la, I don't need top speed. My car is a Wira, going fast isn't really useful since everything else on the road can go faster than me full out.

The things you mod you'll have to take into consideration how much the gearbox can take. I'm not sure how strong the swift auto GB is, but the 3-speed auto Wira GB is pretty strong to take the beatings I give it without ever breaking.

PNP, lightening and balancing internals, oversized pistons, adjustable cam pulleys + mild cams, AFPR, lightweight wheels, proper exhaust, anything to reduce the strain on the GB will result in more power. 30% power loss is purely at the transmission so if you can lighten the load or increase the overall power to begin with, then you're gonna have a more responsive car.

I really recommend the first thing you do is go source for an ultra lightweight rim and good tyres. My 15" + 205/50/15 tyres weigh less than a stock myvi rim + tyre (14" rims). That made a huge difference in performance already.

Then only start going for high compression setup like high compression pistons, or the cheating method of using thinner gaskets or just skim the head.

Once you get used to that power then only start doing more like oversized pistons, and all other internal mods. Never go to the turbo with an auto. That's way more fun manual.
I was just reading your threads on the dummies guide. :proud: and then i read that you MT swapped. im jealous man. where do i find people who wants to swap gearboxes with me. :(

basic internal modding, how much will it cost? im in the middle of changing rims right now tho, so 15' 205/50/15 it is then. after the rims im planning on getting struts because i love going fast around corners :biggrin: and then i'll start with the internals. what should i change first?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I was just reading your threads on the dummies guide. :proud: and then i read that you MT swapped. im jealous man. where do i find people who wants to swap gearboxes with me. :(

basic internal modding, how much will it cost? im in the middle of changing rims right now tho, so 15' 205/50/15 it is then. after the rims im planning on getting struts because i love going fast around corners :biggrin: and then i'll start with the internals. what should i change first?
Your case is probably impossible to swap. No sane Swift Sport owner will wanna go auto. :biggrin:

I don't know the Swift engine. So I can't really tell you about costs. Wira parts are super cheap so for me with all that was done, it was in the region of 4 to 5k total. I'm guessing yours will easily be more than that.

15" light weight rims! Very very important! Like Enkei RPF1 (if you got the $) or Advanti storm series rims. Lightweight good stuff. As for struts, yes - good if you're looking to have SUVs to beat in corners. If you get your suspension upgraded, don't go for hi/lo only. Those aren't exactly flexible. Stick with hi/lo/soft/hard and use stock spring rates. Add in a ARB and make sure you got good tyres dude. My personal favorite is the Federal RSR 205/50/15 tyres I'm using now.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The Wira 3 speeder is a tough GB. The 1.6 model 4 speeder then sure you will kill it......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

i read about that, that can be done at a normal service center right?

If you can source the smaller pulley just swap it.

As for the tyres, what size are you on now, means your original size?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
turbo. anything else waste time. you can get 3bhp by turning off air con.

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Your case is probably impossible to swap. No sane Swift Sport owner will wanna go auto. :biggrin:

I don't know the Swift engine. So I can't really tell you about costs. Wira parts are super cheap so for me with all that was done, it was in the region of 4 to 5k total. I'm guessing yours will easily be more than that.

15" light weight rims! Very very important! Like Enkei RPF1 (if you got the $) or Advanti storm series rims. Lightweight good stuff. As for struts, yes - good if you're looking to have SUVs to beat in corners. If you get your suspension upgraded, don't go for hi/lo only. Those aren't exactly flexible. Stick with hi/lo/soft/hard and use stock spring rates. Add in a ARB and make sure you got good tyres dude. My personal favorite is the Federal RSR 205/50/15 tyres I'm using now.
Ive been searching for MT halfcuts online and the lowest asking price is 4k. that will have to wait till later la. now focusing on wheels and struts. the little stuff. okay, light weight and im following your spec so 205/50/15. can ah? :biggrin:

im going for all struts except boot space. after that comes the CF hood. then suspension, internals, brakes, gearbox kong (for sure will happen as i dont think the swift's is durable) swapping MT, and finally BOT. from changing rims to CF hood, that's the short term plan. the suspension to BOT that is way long term. good plan? did i miss anything? or is my order completely wrong and i should kill myself. sifus need comments. :adore:

turbo. anything else waste time. you can get 3bhp by turning off air con.
planning on doing that but long term lah. when the car is old already then can twerk crazy. :biggrin:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ive been searching for MT halfcuts online and the lowest asking price is 4k. that will have to wait till later la. now focusing on wheels and struts. the little stuff. okay, light weight and im following your spec so 205/50/15. can ah? :biggrin:
What is your original tyre size?

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
The Wira 3 speeder is a tough GB. The 1.6 model 4 speeder then sure you will kill it......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

If you can source the smaller pulley just swap it.

As for the tyres, what size are you on now, means your original size?
I dunno. I'll check and get back to you on that. But its the stock suzuki swift tyres and rims tho.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

What is your original tyre size?
Wait aahh. I check :biggrin:

sengasdf

Known Member
Feb 18, 2007
Kajang
1.6MT would not be suitable for your daily driving as it was built with closer ratio for high rev m16a, unless you dont hit highway a lot.

Me myself have been driving AT swift, went to touge, track and competition. I dont see the need of MT to be fun enough. I having enough fun with AT anytime

If you really want to go for MT... Well, you need swift sport gb and drive shaft, good luck with sourcing these

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I dunno. I'll check and get back to you on that. But its the stock suzuki swift tyres and rims tho.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Wait aahh. I check :biggrin:
If not mistaken, I think is either 185/55R16 so 205/50R15 will be smaller by 3.92%, so tyres will look pretty small....:rolleyes:

sengasdf

Known Member
Feb 18, 2007
Kajang
If not mistaken, I think is either 185/55R16 so 205/50R15 will be smaller by 3.92%, so tyres will look pretty small....:rolleyes:
Ori size is 185/60/15, 205/50/15 would be too small lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Frends and Sifu's please guide me on this...

SATRIA 1.3 Old met an accident with Citroen... kind a heavy accident also... Radiotar and my left fender and light is gone.

after several week i found that the Drive Shaft was giving noise.. and its come out (drve Shaft) at the round a bout at LCCT. n i towed the car back to mechanic... he found that my body alignment is crooked abit and he adjusted sumthing (not very sure) then he fixed the Drive shaft. Everything look fine.. but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience