changing suzuki swift m15a auto to manual.

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys. new here.

I want to change my automatic gearbox to a manual one. need help from sifus. how much is the damage to my wallet? is it worth it?

going up down perak - putrajaya no need to worry left leg sakit tekan clutch because traffic. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'd be interested to know where you'd find a manual GB to fit that engine of yours. I wonder if you can get a Swift Sport half cut somewhere and then just cabut the GB from there?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'd be interested to know where you'd find a manual GB to fit that engine of yours. I wonder if you can get a Swift Sport half cut somewhere and then just cabut the GB from there?
Half cut sells as half cut unless the importer dismantle and sell by parts...

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Yes possible last time i saw swift sport half cut with manual cost less then RM 6k. another option is Get M18 block parts and M16 Gearbox you will have more fun driving..

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Half cut shop it is. My friend said his friend got for less than 4k for gb and install. Lucky guy.

Yes possible last time i saw swift sport half cut with manual cost less then RM 6k. another option is Get M18 block parts and M16 Gearbox you will have more fun driving..
Whats m18 block?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
with install. i think he got it for 3500. :driver: is that cheap or expensive?
That depends from car to car. Common then cheaper.
Like my old school half cut bought at RM3.5k years ago then came down as less people look for it, now gone up again because very little left....:banghead:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Use the auto box until kong...then (got big excuse) change to manual. ehehehe....

RM3500 can be handy modding other things for your swift.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
i was in the same situation as you. at the end. i sold my 1.5 swift to get the 1.6 sport.
Smartest man here. Trying to hunt for a Swift Sport 1.6L half cut just for its manual gearbox is like trying to find Miss Universe in back streets of Jalan Alor. Even if you find one, by the time you're done it'll have the tits from Thailand and ass from Bolehland and assembled by a veterinarian doctor who qualified in Bangladesh.

Pumping RON 97 for the SSS is like having Miss Universe as your girlfriend and you have to maintain her lifestyle with your $$$.

Got to pay to play.

xerofighter

Not so senior member
Mar 2, 2004
Subang
Smartest man here. Trying to hunt for a Swift Sport 1.6L half cut just for its manual gearbox is like trying to find Miss Universe in back streets of Jalan Alor. Even if you find one, by the time you're done it'll have the tits from Thailand and ass from Bolehland and assembled by a veterinarian doctor who qualified in Bangladesh.

Pumping RON 97 for the SSS is like having Miss Universe as your girlfriend and you have to maintain her lifestyle with your $$$.

Got to pay to play.
its surprisingly not that hard to find half cuts for swift sport. i always see them on mudah. but i didnt want to go through the hassle and potential problems.

at the end, it was just more economical to get a sport. the ron97 is a killer though. thats the only reason why i still keep my old beat up kelisa.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

there. buy this :Engine suzuki swift sport m16a manual - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
If there's too many problems in changing auto to manual, then might as well sell it off and get a manual car then.
Like a satria gti. :D
But ive grown into loving this 1.5l slow but steady mostly-driven-by-ladies car. The amount of bahan i got from driving this car from my friends, horrible. But i still love it. I know how to handle it. Sad that i cant change the gearbox to make the driving more interesting without worrying about the maintenance. Sigh.

Not gna sell it. Keeping it for its sentimental value. Now kumpul duit beli kereta manual je lah. Thank you sifus. :bow:

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
You are smart to think of gb change.I saw many auto swifters do massive NA mod on engine and still loose to myvi,blm or same class manual car.the sluggish swift gearbox is what kills the fun.The engine potent so so only.

let me put the auto gear ratio spec vs manual

FD 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th
1.5A 4.144 2.875 1.586 1.000 0.697
1.6MT 4.388 3.25 1.904 1.407 1.064 0.885

the larger the number the better the acceleration.Loiks like swift auto loose in all gear.
MT always have better acceleration than auto.
even u change to MT.you can still change the FD to 4.7 or 5.1 to have much better acceleration.
This is the reason why honda excel in their small cc class by having good gear ratio.

Changing auto to manual gb its not as simple as swapping gearbox and gear lever for swift.u need whole drive shaft aswell and the speedo meter will need to use pivot or rsm as the auto one cannot be use.better to get whole swift sport halfcut ~5 to 6k.transplant 1k.so total of max 7k.the auto gearbox and engine can be sell later.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys..my side window glass got few lines of scratches due to window bracket :(.. i've heard there's one chemical/solution/liquid tht can recover these scracth marks..anyone heard of it? where can i get those?
thanks a bunch!
cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience