4g93T gsr engine rebuild, need advice

slow_gsr

Known Member
Apr 29, 2010
setapak
True enough abt the torque. But sad to say the pistons melts on my friend's gsr due to detonation occured at 1.9bars 5krpm. Reason was ecu up to 9krpm but e-manage 8krpm. So, it's time to determine muscles toughness or brain is more important.

I'd say chances of valve hitting pistons are more prone to happen due to the lift n less effect on the duration.

Btw mel, is it the silverstone's that causes the dmage to ur engines??? Cause I saw their foreman drives like cock..
wow.......... ur friend use piston wiseco cr9.0.1 ar? 4 ur info my silinder head already maximum skimming lar. ( head bengkok) if i use wiseco cr 8.6.1 and 2mm metal gasket ok ar? my setup enjin gsr, ca18 conrod, ar60 turbo, 560cc injector, duratech 272 cam, and microtech lt10s wif X4. Btw ty guy...

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
wow.......... ur friend use piston wiseco cr9.0.1 ar? 4 ur info my silinder head already maximum skimming lar. ( head bengkok) if i use wiseco cr 8.6.1 and 2mm metal gasket ok ar? my setup enjin gsr, ca18 conrod, ar60 turbo, 560cc injector, duratech 272 cam, and microtech lt10s wif X4. Btw ty guy...

wah bro, ca18 rods can tahan 2bar ke?..

slow_gsr

Known Member
Apr 29, 2010
setapak
not sure ar bro he3.... but i know 1 foreman from shah alam built 1 gsr use ca18 piston n conrod, mivec oilpump, mat speed 288 cam, super 90 tb, td06 turbo n haltech sprint 500 ecu. setup for 2bar boost n get 400whp.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
can I guess.... How many mm ur head is skimmed...? Oppss sorry, I mean ur 4G93T sylinder head.

But it very much depends on what ur car is for wor... cause if u want a street set up, then u may opt for a higher CR with lower boost level... for fast response..

If u wanna drag with ur car, then u might as well reduce the CR and boost the hell out of it...

not sure ar bro he3.... but i know 1 foreman from shah alam built 1 gsr use ca18 piston n conrod, mivec oilpump, mat speed 288 cam, super 90 tb, td06 turbo n haltech sprint 500 ecu. setup for 2bar boost n get 400whp.
If u take a look at the cross section at both GSR and CA18 rods, they aren't differs much... But, the length of the rods are shorter. So, it reduces the CR lo... That's also the main reason why stock VR4 engine can take higher boost compare to stock E3...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
very nice setup bro!!!
btw what RPM is your boost coming for AR60 Turbo bro?

mojoloon

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
sifu sifu sekalian.. just wanna to ask.. possible to use 4g94 crank + 22 forged piston + 4g93 forged conrod

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
sifu sifu sekalian.. just wanna to ask.. possible to use 4g94 crank + 22 forged piston + 4g93 forged conrod
What is 22 forged pistons..? By all mean, in a 93 block + 93 conrod + 94 crank will resuult pistons coming out from the block... Unless u going to customize an extreme short pistons with pistons rod near to the crown.

sorry bro, this is my new setup, that why i ask all sifu which piston compression ratio and what mm metal gasket better for my setup.
If u are able to stay within the 8.5:1 range, that'd be nice.... For daily and performance on the road... assuming u've skimmed 0.5mm from the head(more than that, the cylinder head cannot pakai edy...) So, coupled with a 1.5mm metal gasket would be nice...

When u boost with a cr 9.0:1 pistons, All I'm worried about it the pre-mature detonation that might occur due to the high compression ratio... For my personal preference, I'd go for 8.5:1 or 8.6:1 CR pistons with a 1.5mm metal gasket... Considering the material skimmed, U'll still achieve 8.2-8.5.. Will not sacrifice too much of your low end drivability at the same time, can safely boost to 1.8-2.0bar WITH GOOD TUNNING

alright bro...anyway kudos to your new setup...
very anxious to see the outcome bro...
monster ride you got there
lolz... performance comes with a price...

fscheon

Known Member
Apr 27, 2006
if u guys don't mind any1 have experiencing fitting a 4G93 works engineering fuel rail into CK GSR intake manifold? does it fit at all?

slow_gsr

Known Member
Apr 29, 2010
setapak
bro speed2horizon, last time when i go to mesin shop to check my silinder head that guy from mesin shop said have bengkok n he told me after this my silinder head can skimmed 1 more last. So, if i use 2mm gasket what will happen? ty 4 ur advise....... . This car i plan want to join 1.8 turbo catagori at MUSC , if my project sucses lar he3...

Last edited:

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
It's the corner shop with the big hankook sign at batu caves.
Btw s2h,
How did the wiseco pistons melts on ur friend's gsr due to detonation occured at 1.9bars 5krpm.
What do u mean "Reason was ecu up to 9krpm but e-manage 8krpm"..?
Is it because of the tuning or what?

slow_gsr,
Good luck joining MUSC.. I also wanna enter but scared la. No stand alone.
My head hasn't been skimmed, so i use 1.5mm gasket.
U have LT10+x4 already.. don't have to be scared of detonation. As long as Tuning is cun la bro.
Btw, setup baru nak boost brape? ar60 wat kind of turbo bro? :burnout: :burnout:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
bro speed2horizon, last time when i go to mesin shop to check my silinder head that guy from mesin shop said have bengkok n he told me after this my silinder head can skimmed 1 more last. So, if i use 2mm gasket what will happen? ty 4 ur advise....... . This car i plan want to join 1.8 turbo catagori at MUSC , if my project sucses lar he3...
Hmm... 1.8mm-2mm would be good for a 8.6:1 set up. I'm not sure what does the mechanic meant by 1 more time skimming... Cause I don't know how much material is skimmed from ur engine head. But it won't be anything more than 1mm. If 1mm, the cylinder head cannot pakai liao...

It's the corner shop with the big hankook sign at batu caves.
Btw s2h,
How did the wiseco pistons melts on ur friend's gsr due to detonation occured at 1.9bars 5krpm.
What do u mean "Reason was ecu up to 9krpm but e-manage 8krpm"..?
Is it because of the tuning or what?

slow_gsr,
Good luck joining MUSC.. I also wanna enter but scared la. No stand alone.
My head hasn't been skimmed, so i use 1.5mm gasket.
U have LT10+x4 already.. don't have to be scared of detonation. As long as Tuning is cun la bro.
Btw, setup baru nak boost brape? ar60 wat kind of turbo bro? :burnout: :burnout:
Have i missed anything in my previous post..? I mean, he rechipped his ECU to 9krpm, but the e-manage only till 8krpm.

But I wonder if he tell the shop that he's gonna boost that high when he does the rechip. Cuz, if the shop knows owner's boosting so 7 high, he would have map for 9-10 AFR and retart the timing at top end within the ECU itself...

Anyway... that's just to let u know that any piston fails regardless of boost... it's the tunning... And BTW, whatever ECU u gonna use... There's no way of getting rid of detonation... U'll just reduce the risk. That's because u have full control over all the mapping within the ECU. Detonation is part of the thermal property of the fuel... Not the ECU.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Naturally aspirated, turbo-charged, supercharged, hybrid, diesel. Does choice of powerplant matter very much these days? If there’s one thing I realize by now, it is the reality that a great driving car can have any of the abovementioned engines under their bonnets. I suppose in a sense, you could say that we at Zerotohundred are unbiased that way – irrespective of engine type or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience