Search results

1. R

are there new but old model engines for sale?

My aim is to get a good engine old model at substantially cheaper than new car price. Focus is on Engine quality should be like new and not looking at performance parts since am looking for as close to stock quality as possible. The cylinder must be re-conditioned to be as good as new ...
  2. R

Engine refurbishing

Thanks to D7zul and the rest who contributed. This site is awesome! I think , port polishing sounds like what I am looking for. Cheers!
  3. are there new but old model engines for sale?

Dear Friends I am looking for brand new toyota 1995 supra engine. Is there such a market for new engines of old model cars? Does anyone manufacture these nowadays? How about reconditioned engines that perform like new? Sorry if my questions are naive. I am not expert in this...
  4. R

Engine refurbishing

Thanks sharing your view , Veloc Besides being knowledgeable in cars, you also are philosophical. hee hee.... agree, having money to buy fast cars does not mean a person is a good driver. Being able to own a fast car does not mean one can handle it. Driving a fast car does not mean he...
  5. R

Hello Ladies Please Come In

The intent is not Advertisment related nor marketing right?
  6. R

Engine refurbishing

Dear Veloc yes, I think you are right. The word should be 'overhaul'. I am considering to get a 2nd hand car and make it like brand new, so to speak. Of course, I do not expect 100% like new. Just to have a good reliable engine so as to not have problems with the 2nd hand car and to make it...
  7. R

Camry duo vvti

Thank you very much to all the Sifus for spending time to reply and advise. I very much appreciated your efforts. Can I say V6 consumes more fuel than a V4 both of the same capacity? The extra power of V6 comes from more fuel consumption right? regards Richard
  8. R

cylinder boring

Thank you Sifus, does it really help make the engine nearly as good as brand new, if done correctly? I am thinking of getting a second hand car and refurbishing the engine. But not sure if cost-effective. Thanks for reading. regards Richard
  9. cylinder boring

Dear Sifus, Can an old engine be bored to make it as good as brand new? To what extent can an engine cylinder be refurbished to be like new? Also, is it cost effective? regards Richard?
  10. R

Camry duo vvti

Hello, i looked at an animation video of camry engine and it says duo vvti. There are 4 pistons. So, this is a V4 engine only? Is v4 able to produce v6 power? are all camries or altis v4 only? regards Richard
  11. Engine refurbishing

Hello Experts, I am thinking of using a 2nd hand engine and refurbishing it to make it as efficient as a new engine. I am thinking of a supra or Mr2 spider engine. Is this possible and would it be more costly than buying a new car? Does engine refurbishing, for lack of a better word...
  12. R

muffling

Hello Friends, Could you kindly throw me some clues? regards Richard
  13. muffling

Hi Experts, Is it legal to drill some holes in the exhaust pipe near the end to make the exhaust louder? doe it work like this? Is this how exhaust pipes can be modified to amplify the exhaust sound? regards Richard
  14. Vios power window

Hello Sifus! My driver-sider power window is intermittently will not rise to the full. It stops moving upwards at around 80 % to the top. When that happens, I push the window up by hand till its fully raised. I like to find out more about power windows, specifically, when raising the...
  15. R

Nuclear power

Why go large scale like Japan?? Nuclear power should be done on the smallest scale possible. Nuclear Submarines use the smallest nuclear plants that fit into a small submarine. Power plants should be as small as possible so that the country can harness the power with the least risks, best...
  16. R

performance filter

Hi Sifus, so , am i right you are saying that ECU should be adjusted for best effect?
  17. R

performance filter

Thanks to all Bros and Sifus of this wonderful forum. Cheers!
  18. R

bonnet replacement

Thanks to all Bros ! Cheers.
  19. bonnet replacement

Hello friends, Does replacing the vios bonnet with a carbon fibre one void the warranty or can fail vehichle check? regards Richard
  20. performance filter

:driver:Hello SiFus :burnout: If I use a good quality air intake filter for the engine, does it mean there is no adjustment to the ECU necessary? I mean, what if the air intake is so much the ecu does not know how to adjust the petrol to mix? regards Richard

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My buddy went off overseas for some years & upon return he found his pair of Xenon Head lamp

as they have too many cars but very less of shaded place

the last series, in my Hands on Car detailing clinic , we talk about restoring oxidized Head Lamp...due to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience