cylinder boring

richardtan

Mar 23, 2009
Dear Sifus,

Can an old engine be bored to make it as good as brand new?
To what extent can an engine cylinder be refurbished to be like new?
Also, is it cost effective?

regards
Richard?

xtremeleo

Oct 18, 2005
an old engine can be bored out, u need to see the manual (if stated) on what is the maximum u can shave off, OR just bore the minimum dats needed; dat can be dependent on how much u need to shave or the available pistons selection

richardtan

Mar 23, 2009
Thank you Sifus,

does it really help make the engine nearly as good as brand new, if done correctly?
I am thinking of getting a second hand car and refurbishing the engine. But not sure if cost-effective. Thanks for reading.

regards
Richard

reboring and rehoning the cylinder wall... fit in new pistons... refurbish ur conrods and crankshaft... new main bearing, new conrod bearings, new piston rings, new valve seal...

all the above done with proper measurement and clearance as specified in workshop manual... i'm sure u will get a close to brand new engine after that...

My car is runnin on a VR4 which i have been using it for the past 2 years n im unhappy with the performance due to the all sort of faulty that has caused.Im planning to change my engine n im not sure which will be better.If i choose mivec is it safe if i put in turbo?
(GSR or EVOIII)
which will last longer?
about the maintenance?
fuel consumption?
JPJ?
smoother driving? no idea bout these engine
reccomendation plz?

Im confused and do need help here???:confused_smile: