Power Increase on a 4 cylinder engine

matt16aus

Mar 10, 2006
Hi guys I just got a camira and want to increase its power output, i have fitted a High Flow Pod air filter and am fitting 4.5'' cannon muffler. I want to Turbocharge the engine but as it is a 4 cylinder i am afraid of blowing it. Any suggestions for a power increase that wont damage my engine would be great, Thanks

matt16aus

Mar 10, 2006
Oh also suggestions for visual modifications would be awesome too, im fitting steel dragon pedals and a sports steering wheel, i want a body kit but i think i might need 1 custom made cause i don't think any have ever been made for this car. I want a Carbon Fibre Spoiler but i just want to put a scoop on the stock bonnet and roof. Also I want to paint it Black or two tone red/blue what would look better?

matt16aus

Mar 10, 2006
JE Camira 3 speed TH125C Hydramatic auto 2.0 Litre Multi-point EFI

Capacity 1998cc
Compression Ratio 8.8:1
Maximum Power 87kw (114 bhp) @ 5400 rpm
Maximum Torque 178Nm @ 3500 rpm
Bore 86mm
Stroke 86mm

0-100km/h in 9.9 Seconds
Quarter Mile (400m) 16 Seconds

Is That Alright

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
It's single cam engine right ??
u can turbocharge ur engine, light boost turbocharge ( 0.7bar )
before that , try to reduce ur C/R to 8.0:1 , it safe for ur car to turbocharge.
4.5" muffler is consisder too big for 2.0L N/A engine, it won't help u to gain the power, but u will totally lost ur low end torque.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
BOT... if not done properly, its not reliable loh... but it is a fast way to achieve high bhp (unless u transplant more powerful engine)....
4.5" exhaust on an NA machine??... if turbocharged nevermind la...

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Honestly speaking, i think if u want some more power.. IMHO first get ur head done, from there get a piggyback.... i think u should try to increase your Compression ratio.. see if you could use any high comp pistons or and maybe get ur head skim to get the ratio higher.. that would be u better combustion n hence increase ur horse power.. this way is a safe way off playing i suppose.. but alot of cash is involve... but if u want loads of power go for a bolt on..

matt16aus

Mar 10, 2006
thanks for the replies guys, I will try improving my compression ratio and get the cam replaced with a crows cam. I am going for a muffler with a 3.5" tip now so i dont lose torque but i still get that nice exhaust note i am looking at a low end supercharger from this site www.force-flow.com.au the 8.0 model not the 4.0 but it is electric and runs off the battery :P:P:P yuck the 0.7 bar turbo sounds the best way

matt16aus

Mar 10, 2006
oh and if i dropped the engine out and put a v6 commodore engine in how much body work would need to be done, plus wouldnt i need a new gearbox and heaps of other stuff too. Also a powerchip would give a small BHP boost www.powerchip.com

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

Asking on behalf of my friend. Anyone can help to suggest me a good workshop for my friend to do some upgrades to his Persona iafm 2nd batch? First step he wants to upgrade his ECU and later on to BOT his engine.

Waiting to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks

:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience