muffling

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hi Experts,

Is it legal to drill some holes in the exhaust pipe near the end to make the exhaust louder?
doe it work like this? Is this how exhaust pipes can be modified to amplify the exhaust sound?

regards
Richard

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hello Friends,

Could you kindly throw me some clues?

regards
Richard

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hi Experts,

Is it legal to drill some holes in the exhaust pipe near the end to make the exhaust louder?
doe it work like this? Is this how exhaust pipes can be modified to amplify the exhaust sound?

regards
Richard
if your main concern is to make it louder just remove your muffler instead of butchering the exhaust piping because by drilling holes in the piping your actually creating leaks in the exhaust and the sound increase would be minimal
just my 2 cents :love:

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
if u drill hole at the muffler isn't it gonna cause u unstable idling:hmmmm:coz faced probs b4 when exhaust leak if u rev the engine then release rpm drop n engine almost die.....
i think better u change ur muffler if u want louder exhaust sound:biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
if u drill hole at the muffler isn't it gonna cause u unstable idling:hmmmm:coz faced probs b4 when exhaust leak if u rev the engine then release rpm drop n engine almost die.....
i think better u change ur muffler if u want louder exhaust sound:biggrin:
the leak is on the pipe or the muffler?

Hi Experts,

regards
Richard

if u wanna throw it afterward, just drill it.. and try..

i think if drill at muffler, it's gonna sound loud..(i think) and i repeat.. muffler ok.. not pipe..

Gudluck :burnout:

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Drilling holes might also mess up the flow... Deteriorating the scavenging effect. Exhaust should be smooth.

Change to straight flow muffler la...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Anyone knows where i could i find a reliable and good workshop in penang for my Golf Gti MKV.
Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience