New Proton Inspira now available for booking!

nomend

Known Member
May 16, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
To those people that like to condemn about proton, please don't buy proton and please don't say any thing any more because proton and the government of Malaysia did not put a gun on your head and force you to buy proton car. You can buy any car you preferred and it your money. Don't be stupid and act like a monkey in the jungle by creating havoc about proton when you your self don't even use the car. If you all like to buy other car please do so and keep your fucking mouth to your self. People in Malaysia have a choice weather to buy Malaysian product or not. It is up to our self to get what we want. And again what so great about Japanese car when they don't even support our government and our people. They only help their own people. If you don't support Malaysian product and Malaysian Government, please leave this country. Go to Singapore or somewhere else that you like. I don't know about you but I'm really proud to be Malaysian and buy our own product.

Peace......:proud:

pi_zayo

Aug 28, 2008
that is why there are still spelling mistakes in such a short paragraph after 25 years. keep doing the mistakes & progress to no where. wasting the resources to feed and train a bunch of people at the end contributing something innovative to no where. lol!
hope the potong will vanish soon & we can get better cheaper car, NAP!

jpoplover

7,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2009
Nilai
if proton really think about malaysian~~~ they should lower their car price.....

SoloScandaL

Known Member
Apr 5, 2009
there is one thing called as TAX.. go ask goverment to lower that.. dont ask proton coz they didnt control those thing.. and y everbody keep blaming proton for this rebadge thing? go blame mitsubishi first.. coz they are the one that allowed this to happen..

jpoplover

7,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2009
Nilai
there is one thing called as TAX.. go ask goverment to lower that.. dont ask proton coz they didnt control those thing.. and y everbody keep blaming proton for this rebadge thing? go blame mitsubishi first.. coz they are the one that allowed this to happen..
G = Proton same gang....
:biggrin:
for the rebadge thing.. i never blame both of them...

Oct 15, 2010
Selangor
To those people that like to condemn about proton, please don't buy proton and please don't say any thing any more because proton and the government of Malaysia did not put a gun on your head and force you to buy proton car. You can buy any car you preferred and it your money. Don't be stupid and act like a monkey in the jungle by creating havoc about proton when you your self don't even use the car. If you all like to buy other car please do so and keep your fucking mouth to your self. People in Malaysia have a choice weather to buy Malaysian product or not. It is up to our self to get what we want. And again what so great about Japanese car when they don't even support our government and our people. They only help their own people. If you don't support Malaysian product and Malaysian Government, please leave this country. Go to Singapore or somewhere else that you like. I don't know about you but I'm really proud to be Malaysian and buy our own product.

Peace......:proud:
are u working at proton? hmmm...just guess...myself work at a small factory do maintenance machine, machineries RnD and so on....our service involve provide consultation to factory, provide service, design and manufacture machine....one of our client is proton....i never have chance to do proton works/projects. but my boss done it several project/work with proton and for proton...
personally he mentioned to us (my RnD team) that there are many internal conflict in proton. how can this behavior manage to produce good prospect...? he also said proton's engineers are not yet achieve expertise even small2, simple job past to contractor to handle....

don't be angry buddy...here we can throw our think, pro or con...just take it positive:driver:

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
To those guys asking why we bash Proton for rebadging the Lancer but not Perodua for rebadging the Passo/Boon, I think these are the reasons:

- Proton is like the "taikor" of the local automobile manufacture scene. With 25 years of experience and supposed R&D, we Malaysians put huge hopes on Proton to make us proud with a genuinely first class national car. So naturally we are disappointed when after all these years, despite acquiring Lotus and coming up with their own technology such as Campro, CPS etc, we are served up with yet another rebadged Mitsubishi Lancer with a Mivec engine. In a way, Proton symbolises Malaysia and like it or not, despite all the criticism we speak, we Malaysians do love and want to be proud of our own country. Yet, I don't think what Proton is doing is something we would be terribly proud of. I, for one, would be pretty embarrassed to tell a Japanese friend that this Proton Inspira is made by my country's largest car maker.

- Proton cars are somewhat overpriced yet lacking in quality. Despite national cars being supposedly taxed less, we are still forking out pretty huge sums for cars which have faulty power windows, damaged alarm systems after driving through heavy rain, and have to be sent for service more frequently than others. For the same sum, we might just be better off getting a Toyota or a Honda which although packs a smaller engine, might just be more reliable than the Proton of equivalent price. I think these things, coupled with many other reasons that would be too long for me to list, make us Malaysians feel cheated by our own car maker and have a bad impression on it. So when they come out with a rebadged car, we'd naturally start to think it's another overpriced, quality lacking copycat car without even giving it a chance.

- The Passo/Boon is not sold in Malaysia, but the Lancer GT is. I can only imagine how cheated those Lancer owners feel, seeing an Inspira pulling up next to their Lancer, and the driver gloating at them. Besides, not many people outside the automotive world were aware of the existence of Passo/Boon when Myvi was released, hence thinking the Myvi is a "true" Malaysia car; whereas the Lancer GT can easily be spotted on the road. Not mentioning, the Myvi was a huge success, sold damn well, so I guess we'd be "proud" telling people that the Myvi is a "Malaysian car" instead of condemning it. If the Inspira sells even half as well as the Myvi, I'm sure that'd help Proton shut our mouths up as well.

Anyway, enough with the serious stuff, here's something from facebook to lighten everyone up:

Last edited:

RONIN

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
keep pushing proton do the best.. giving pressure are good but must with valid reason...

but this one sure giving good news for us as consumer... competitor will lower down car price.. more promotion.. better car spec.. etc.. bad news for them..

its ur choice.. buy or not.. :driver:

all car not perfect... some almost perfect but bad after sales...

sooylun

Jan 25, 2007
PROTON INSPIRA?? IS WORTH TO BUY IF COMPARE TO MITSUBHISHI LANCER IN MALAYSIA AS WE HAVE NO OPTION.

Price issue?? WISE ONE SEE IT CLEARLY!! IMPORTED CAMRY 2.0 IN LANGKAWI START AT RM80K AND INSPIRAL 1.8 START AT RM80k TOO?? DONT BELIEVE CHK IT YOURSELF!!

WITH CHRONOLOGY OF PROTON AS BELOW, DO YOU THINK IT HELPS MALAYSIAN BY ONLY OFFERING JOB POSITION OF +/- 11,000 VACANCY TO CERTAIN AREA COMPARE TO SIME DARBY HAS MORE THAN 100K EMPLOYEE WORLD WIDE??:

JV MITSUBISHI > RE BADGE CITROEN /TIARA > BOUGHT LOTUS > PRODUCED OWN WAJA > SPONSOR Norwich City F.C FOOTBALL TEAM> BOUGHT AGUSTA > SELL AGUSTA > PRUDUCED OWN MPV > JV VW> AGAIN, JV BACK WITH MITSUBISHI.

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
you bashers are tuff bunch to please.

now go buy a lexus or something. :burnout:

alpina

Apr 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This means that there will be a new Lancer coming soon. Mitsubishi just sold their old tooling for the current Lancer to Proton. For 25 years Malaysians were forced to buy ex taxis and scrap from countries like Japan and England just because some asshole had a vision for Proton, and this vision is now "achieved" with this Inspira, after 25 years. I wondered how much time, money and effort they have spent in coming up with the name. They should have saved the money and just call it Pariah.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Has anyone use this before? It cleans tar, bugs, and tree sap. Suppose to be outstanding...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience